So i wanted to start a thread on the score to Halo 4 and what potentials Halo 5 could hold. I know there are mixed emotions regarding Halo 4's soundtrack. Me personally i like some elements and some not so much. There are only a couple of pieces for me that are really memorable. I think the soundtrack to Halo 4 stands for what it was meant to, which is to give an identity to the unique and awesome nature of the Forerunners. It feels alien and has the techy feel to match it. That being said it has nothing nearly as memorable as Breaking Benjamins Blow Me Away, or Reach's, soaring anthem. I would like to see a re-imagining if you will of how Bungie approached the soundtrack to Halo 2. Bring in some bands again to really dig in and give it some meat. Those were songs written by fans of the game. People who really enjoyed the story and just plain got it. I kno wthat 343 really wanted to create this large epic movie styled story, but for me there was no music in game that really got me pumped. That made me want to jump off my couch and be all like "hell yeah" take that you split lipped ba$&*rd$. Sound off marines.

• Like 1

I think the Halo 4 soundtrack could have been techy with a driving beat had they brought someone like Daft Punk in to score it. There is so much club stuff like jungle and Trance that coul dhave brought that home. I hate club music but i think something really cool could have been done and still achieved what they wanted.

I do hope they will move back towards the original music style of the first trilogy and reach. I felt like a lot of this sound track was lacking, but a few songs that are up there with the originals is, "117" "Arrival" "Blue and Green". I also loved the update to Never Forget. Although I don't think that was considered a full song on its own.

• 2 weeks later...

I posted this on my thoughts on the soundtrack:

http://www.343industries.org/forum/topic/21454-soundtrack/

Also, I'd like to hear some more of that weird, alien-like electronic sound instead of some of the orchestral pieces. Don't get me wrong, I love the strings, but that alien-esque sound is what the Halo soundtrack should be to me.

Well as many others feel, I also think that the halo 4 OST was a little too genaric for me. Som good scores here and there bu the majority werent really that memorable.

In the halo 5 OST i think they should do something similar (if not the same) of that in ODST. I think many peopl will agree that ODST has the best soundtrack of all the halos and the really changed the feel for the game compared to other halo games.

• 3 weeks later...

while i think that songs like "Nemesis" "Awakening" "Revival" "Blue and Green" and "Requiem" where pretty good, but i admit, i got an immense chill when the song that played after the didact's ship reached the UNSC Research facility located near the Halo installation and it just gave the game alot of life for those brief few seconds.

I'd like to see the original Halo Theme, Last Spartan, Ghosts of Reach, One Final Effort, and multiple tracks from Reach (can't think of them at the moment, sorry), and some of ODST's songs, bring some of those back or model after them, give us that instrumental feel, make the music make the game come back to life, the most that Halo 4's Soundtrack did to me was just keep me awake and up beat, but it didn't give me the feel that the original Halo Soundtracks composed by Martin O'Donnell did. those where what helped make Halo special, ontop of it's storyline and big maps to run on as well as how big the campaign levels where and the things we could do on them. And the Easter Eggs :)