Halo is Dying

Machinga

Thats true, its not DEAD, hes saying its DYING......because the population is going down. I have a feeling that will change though in Halo 4 or 5. I know CoD and BF are getting more sales, but theres not as much people playing MW3 as much as there were MW2. People are realizing that its starting to become crap. Crap that I play..... ya im guilty of it

Thats true, its not DEAD, hes saying its DYING......because the population is going down. I have a feeling that will change though in Halo 4 or 5. I know CoD and BF are getting more sales, but theres not as much people playing MW3 as much as there were MW2. People are realizing that its starting to become crap. Crap that I play..... ya im guilty of it

multiplayer population is not indication of a dead franchise.....elder scrolls has no MP population yet lots and lots of people play it...bad example but i think you get the idea

im am just biding my time

the thing that got me basically addicted to halo 3 was the campaign. before i had live, i would play that campaign for hours, just absorbing the complex storyline, the emotion filled music, and the awesome gameplay.

reach lacked a good campaign and u wonder why it wasn't as successful as the previous games. even today ill pop in the halo 3 campaign disc and play the ark mission.

343i has to be perfect when creating this game. they must not forget they are continuing the epic trilogy that basically started FPS on the xbox. the combination of campaign and multiplayer must be perfectly balanced or the halo series will have taken a considerable blow.

NEXT TOPIC: to pass the time, somebody, somewhere needs to create "the next big gametype". grifball and infection changed halo 3 and were brought into halo reach. what will be the next big gametype i wonder?

did i really just type all of tht???

• Like 1

im am just biding my time

the thing that got me basically addicted to halo 3 was the campaign. before i had live, i would play that campaign for hours, just absorbing the complex storyline, the emotion filled music, and the awesome gameplay.

reach lacked a good campaign and u wonder why it wasn't as successful as the previous games. even today ill pop in the halo 3 campaign disc and play the ark mission.

343i has to be perfect when creating this game. they must not forget they are continuing the epic trilogy that basically started FPS on the xbox. the combination of campaign and multiplayer must be perfectly balanced or the halo series will have taken a considerable blow.

NEXT TOPIC: to pass the time, somebody, somewhere needs to create "the next big gametype". grifball and infection changed halo 3 and were brought into halo reach. what will be the next big gametype i wonder?

did i really just type all of tht???

i have to disagree i think reach had a better sp then halo3

• Like 1

the only reason halo is dieing is cuz we dont have a dedicated server to play on when u play reach swat it takes 4 headshot to kill someone and it is getting to be retarded im about to move to mwf 3 for good and so is alot of other people if 343 wants to keep its gamers on any halo game they need a dedicated server to do so everyone is talking please 343 fix the issues i dont wanna have to leave i have every game that halo has ever came out with

the only reason halo is dieing is cuz we dont have a dedicated server to play on when u play reach swat it takes 4 headshot to kill someone and it is getting to be retarded im about to move to mwf 3 for good and so is alot of other people if 343 wants to keep its gamers on any halo game they need a dedicated server to do so everyone is talking please 343 fix the issues i dont wanna have to leave i have every game that halo has ever came out with

It has never taken me more than one shot to the person's head when I've played SWAT. It might just be your internet connection if that is happening to you, because I've never experienced that.

The "hosting" passing from Live is what is killing multiplayer gameplay hands down. If there was a regulated stricter "Host" dedicated server controlling the relaying of information, we would all be a lot better off. The main problem with hosting, is you at the mercy of the person who is hosting the match. Said person could be doing all sorts of networking things, effecting the connection for everyone. After many tests...I am convinced that the Live server does not pick "host" based on the strength and availability of networking resources...but rather picks the middle man between all said players. Now I am not syaing that connection strength is not taken into account...but I thinkoverall from tests, it shows that the host is the person in close middle proximity to other players...which brings us back full circle to why said host and host passing is not good.

• 3 weeks later...

COD is a game that plays off of false nationalism. The war on terror and so many US troops placed around the middle east and the world in general, the majority of COD players are teenagers drawn in by social media that modern war is exciting and you are being a hero.

Halo however, always played off the image of a universe that has many secrets and stories that have never been told and that is why we love the story. We also hate the flood because their presence in the universe and constant battle engagement through the series is not a slam on creativity of story, but rather keeping a great plot line growing. Man vs. Man and Man vs. Man's past.

As far as online gameplay, Halo takes itself more serious, because the controls are catered for players who want a lot of dynamic control and options. COD relies too much on killstreaks to advance games forwards and to shift moment in battles. Halo in comparison just needs some great communication between players, and strength in each maps unique weapons e.i. Sniper, Rockets, Pro Pipe and how to create the choke points to make these weapons effective.

• 1 month later...

Halo began vast but slowly died down. I have faith in 343i because they are just beginning ... Think, when Halo began it was like the best game ever. History is repeating itself with 343i. This is good. But if they mess up Halo 4 The series will surely become another modest appetizer for gamers who just pick at the appetizers and beg for the main course of CoD.