Regicide needs to be tweaked.. king at disadvantage...

sgtmattbaker

I really like the idea behind the Regicide game type, but I feel like there are almost not advantages to being the king. If you are king for a long time, meaning that you have been doing really well, other players get 35 points for killing you. I understand the idea, but since the king has a marker over their head, everyone is going after the king so whoever kills the king could very well just headshot them after someone else does all the work. Someone who "steals" a king kill from someones else doesn't deserve 35 points (or whatever the bounty is at the time).

Also, attempting to remain king for a long period of time actually works against you, because if you have worked hard to get 2-3 kills ahead of someone else, they only have to kill you once to catch back up. It is almost a better strategy to die on purpose before your bounty gets too high.

Another thing: by having the marker over the king's head, everyone goes after the king. This is a refreshing twist that prevents camping, but when you are the king you have to try and defend yourself from about 2-3 people at the same time. This would be fine, but it takes far too long to get any bonuses for being the king. It seems to take **forever** to get an overshield, and the overshield goes down on its own without anyone even shooting you. The overshield also does not give you much of an advantage at all because when 2-3 people are shooting at you that overshield is gone almost immediately.

To recap, the things I would prefer to have changed are (not necessarily all, as changing one may nullify the need to another change):

*** Remove or reduce king bounties

*** Maybe implement splitting up the king bounty among players who dealt damage to the king (for someone who does 50% damage and someone steals the kill they get 50% of the bounty)

*** Give the king better perks/power-ups more often. Overshield isn't that great and it takes forever to get reign of terror. Maybe getting a regular overshield in like 75% of the time it currently takes to get one, an overshield and reign of terror at 150-175% of the time it currently takes to get an overshield, etc. and so on.

I really like the idea behind the Regicide game type, but I feel like there are almost not advantages to being the king. If you are king for a long time, meaning that you have been doing really well, other players get 35 points for killing you. I understand the idea, but since the king has a marker over their head, everyone is going after the king so whoever kills the king could very well just headshot them after someone else does all the work. Someone who "steals" a king kill from someones else doesn't deserve 35 points (or whatever the bounty is at the time).

Also, attempting to remain king for a long period of time actually works against you, because if you have worked hard to get 2-3 kills ahead of someone else, they only have to kill you once to catch back up. It is almost a better strategy to die on purpose before your bounty gets too high.

Another thing: by having the marker over the king's head, everyone goes after the king. This is a refreshing twist that prevents camping, but when you are the king you have to try and defend yourself from about 2-3 people at the same time. This would be fine, but it takes far too long to get any bonuses for being the king. It seems to take **forever** to get an overshield, and the overshield goes down on its own without anyone even shooting you. The overshield also does not give you much of an advantage at all because when 2-3 people are shooting at you that overshield is gone almost immediately.

To recap, the things I would prefer to have changed are (not necessarily all, as changing one may nullify the need to another change):

*** Remove or reduce king bounties

*** Maybe implement splitting up the king bounty among players who dealt damage to the king (for someone who does 50% damage and someone steals the kill they get 50% of the bounty)

*** Give the king better perks/power-ups more often. Overshield isn't that great and it takes forever to get reign of terror. Maybe getting a regular overshield in like 75% of the time it currently takes to get one, an overshield and reign of terror at 150-175% of the time it currently takes to get an overshield, etc. and so on.

Regicide is basically a nerfed Juggernaut... If they're going to give a bounty on the King, he needs to be stronger than your average Spartan.

I love getting the overshield and damage boost as the king- It's pretty awesome.

Don't change Regicide in ANY WAY, it's fine the way it is. It's my favorite playlist.

I typically don't even go after the king. I play it like a FFA, watch my radar and take on the threats closest to me rather than sprinting to the King. I almost always end up in the top 3 and have many times stolen the King spot for the victory right at the very end and I didn't even realize I was that close to winning. I may not always "win" but my k/d is nearly always +10ish every game. :) So, I consider that winning regardless, lol.