Convenant Carbine - Technically Flawed

ZeroFlame

No it was not meant as a joke i was merely stating the obvious..

You said that the DMR and BR are made to be better because the UNSC is better then the Covenant. There is no way 343i would make UNSC weapons better then the Covenant because of that fact. That would completely ruin the balance of the game. And what about the Light Rifle? If in the right hands it can compete with the DMR/BR. The UNSC were able to beat the Prometheans. So why aren't their weapons better then the Promethean ones? Your post had nothing but, fake facts and had no proof or intelligence in it what so ever. The Covenant have some of the best weapons in the game, i.e. Fuel Rod, Hammer, Sword, Beam Rifle, and the Needler.

You said that the DMR and BR are made to be better because the UNSC is better then the Covenant. There is no way 343i would make UNSC weapons better then the Covenant because of that fact. That would completely ruin the balance of the game. And what about the Light Rifle? If in the right hands it can compete with the DMR/BR. The UNSC were able to beat the Prometheans. So why aren't their weapons better then the Promethean ones? Your post had nothing but, fake facts and had no proof or intelligence in it what so ever. The Covenant have some of the best weapons in the game, i.e. Fuel Rod, Hammer, Sword, Beam Rifle, and the Needler.

Yes some of the covenant weapons are good and some of the promethean weapons are also good like the binary and incinirator cannon. But they are just fun ordnance weapons! Its the loadout weapons im referring to. Those are the weapons that matter since you start with them. And isn't it a fact that the UNSC loadout weapons are better then the covenant/prometean ones? Thats because the humans are smarter then the others and because both 343 and us gamers like the humans better then the aliens. Don't you?

Boltshot > Magnum

Scoped Lightrifle > All other primaries

Pulse Grenade... Ok you're right about the Pulse Grenade. It would be fine if you could start with two...

Not really seeing the UNSC making a great showing here.

What? Light rifle better than all other weapons? Sure thats why everyone use it right? Or maybe its just you that knows of this secret? Shh.. don't tell the others or they will all use it...

Harder to use? It doesn't even agree to those terms. It's utter garbage, because It takes 7-9 headshots to kill someone with the carbine, and it's certainly a heavy disadvantage since the DMR and BR require half or less headshots for the kill. It's not easy to aim and fire headshots at a rapid succession to get a kill, much less 7 to 9 times. It needs a buff to be able to at least last against the two-most-used, and, of course, it's very doubtful that it will receive such a buff anytime soon.

Harder to use? It doesn't even agree to those terms. It's utter garbage, because It takes 7-9 headshots to kill someone with the carbine, and it's certainly a heavy disadvantage since the DMR and BR require half or less headshots for the kill. It's not easy to aim and fire at a rapid succession to get a kill, much less 7 to 9 times. It needs a buff to be able to at least last against the two-most-used, and, of course, it's very doubtful that it will receive such a buff anytime soon.

To being with: I agree with the jist of your post.

However it doesn't take 7-9 headshots to kill, it takes 7 shots to the shield and an 8th to the head. Not trying to be nitpicky, but it's an easy fact to remember and it helps to know them in discussions of weapon balance.

I otherwise agree completely. I think a 10% damage boost puts it just about where you'd want to be with a Carbine. It originally took 6 shots to kill when it was introduced in Halo 2, then they raised it to 7 because 6 was too good. With that in mind I'd be fine with it returning to the 7-shot level. Assuming no other weapons receive a boost the 7-shot carbine kills noticeably faster than the BR but is still harder to use.

To being with: I agree with the jist of your post.

However it doesn't take 7-9 headshots to kill, it takes 7 shots to the shield and an 8th to the head. Not trying to be nitpicky, but it's an easy fact to remember and it helps to know them in discussions of weapon balance.

I otherwise agree completely. I think a 10% damage boost puts it just about where you'd want to be with a Carbine. It originally took 6 shots to kill when it was introduced in Halo 2, then they raised it to 7 because 6 was too good. With that in mind I'd be fine with it returning to the 7-shot level. Assuming no other weapons receive a boost the 7-shot carbine kills noticeably faster than the BR but is still harder to use.

But nothing beats the almighty Light Rifle, right?

The scoped lightrifle has a faster kill time and fewer shots to kill than any other marksman rifle. The magnum actually has a faster kill time than all the marksman rifles, but it's not as accurate and can't place the shots as quickly at a distance without suffering crippling bloom.

If you want to keep trolling feel free, this post will be the last time I waste time acknowledging your existence in this thread. Post something productive and I'll spend the time responding appropriately.

But nothing beats the almighty Light Rifle, right?

Scoped Light rifle = fastest kill time of all rifles

Incineration cannon = best launcher

Boltshot = best secondary (plasma pistol for BTB)

Plasma grenades = most useful all round grenades

Beam rifle = best snapshot sniper

Promethean sniper (can never remember the name) = most powerful sniper

All the UNSC things are good all rounders, they are the most common for this reason well the DMR is!!

Truth is if the UNSC had all the best weapons always why did they get their asses kicked by the covy's for so long?? Hell they lost Reach (a planet full of superhuman soldiers). The multiplayer is not about fact or fiction, its about balance or else why have a weapon nobody will use??? Your comments are pointless trolling and have no basis at all, so quit while your behind find a big hole and go hide in it :popo:

I see its pointless for me to keep try and explain things to you guys. English is not my first language maybe thats why i cant explain things in a way that you understand. I have not been trying to "troll" anyone in this thread. I just try to explain why i think the UNSC loadout weapons are better the the others like the covy carbine that the thread is about. I will say it one more time as simple as i can. The Covenant Carbine sucks because its a Covenant weapon. The DMR and BR are better because they are human weapons. Humans > Covenant. Thats why we slaughter them by the thousands in Champaign and Spartan Ops. If the Covenant was better than the humans it would not be a very fun game would it? Playing on the loosing side. If the rest of you in this thread fail to understand such a simple thing, well thats your problem.

If your a skilled player, does it really matter what gun you use?

This... when i play halo 4 ( not much for now ) i enjoy my game using all started weapons, and sub, support and power weapons too..

I think it depends how the people like to play the game not much like how much is the damage of every weapon in the game.

In my opinion the CC is a good one because if you have a good finger for someway you blind your enemy when you burst with and they can't aim well, soo 7 shots for the shield and one in head is good for me sometimes they can't even break my shield when i already kill em with the CC ( and they using DMR )

well is my opinion sorry for my bad english is not my retail leng.

nevertheless, I prefer to go one kill at a time if I can, and the carbine can kill a single enemy the quickest. I realize I could run in to 2+ enemies at once, but if that were to happen, I would probably be killed long before I kill one of them, no matter what precision rifle I am using.