halo 4 servers down..reset to SR1?

Chr0nicconfusion

Happened once to me when I was put in back up servers. Figured try we're doing some sort of update to the servers n also noticed I had gone back down to sr1. Said ehhh ill just wait till later to play. Went back on 4rs or so later and servers were back up and all the playlists were up. Just Take a nap or keep entertained for a bit before trying again haha. FYI my rank did go back up to where I was.

Sorry for typos doing it off my phone n too lazy to re read what I type hahaha

343 this is ridiculous!

I took a day off work today to play online with some friends from overseas. I have been unable to connect since last night, over 16 hours ago. What have you done with my £50?! And what of the £40 I pay each year to MS? And why am I singled out? I can see/play against people with their full Spartan ranks. Why don't I have ANY access to Spartan Ops, even if I want to play alone? You've basically stolen a portion of the game from me by being incapable of hosting your own game online.

No explanation, no apology. No service. I am very, very angry. Never, EVER had a problem like this with...say...a popular modern-world online shooter. If this persists beyond today, you won't be getting any more of my money, time, or the compliments I had previously been issuing concerning what was up to here, a great game.

Would really appreciate an answer, because from what I read above, this appears to happen often...

• Like 1

343 this is ridiculous!

I took a day off work today to play online with some friends from overseas. I have been unable to connect since last night, over 16 hours ago. What have you done with my £50?! And what of the £40 I pay each year to MS? And why am I singled out? I can see/play against people with their full Spartan ranks. Why don't I have ANY access to Spartan Ops, even if I want to play alone? You've basically stolen a portion of the game from me by being incapable of hosting your own game online.

No explanation, no apology. No service. I am very, very angry. Never, EVER had a problem like this with...say...a popular modern-world online shooter. If this persists beyond today, you won't be getting any more of my money, time, or the compliments I had previously been issuing concerning what was up to here, a great game.

Would really appreciate an answer, because from what I read above, this appears to happen often...

I agree with the most of you, bungie has a better support team, when something happens one minute later they shoted the announce telling what and why happens..

my idea is: maybe for 343 the job to get one very popular online game it is like a new stuff, i will wait maybe they will learn about everything and find the way to keep people " happy " with

• Like 1

343 this is ridiculous!

Holy hell settle down, these things can happen and I'm sure they're doing what they can to fix it. Maybe you can go outside today and entertain yourself some other way? It's people with ridiculous priorities like yours that will send the human race back to the stone age. It's a god damn video game.

What 343 did was a smart move.

With many games, such as World of Warcraft for the PC the game servers go down every Tuesday for maintinance to add new features and fix bugs, etc. During this 30m-10h downtime, ALL servers are unplayable.

So when 343 brought the servers down to fix some bugs, and add the new playlist, they set up the temporary servers for people to play on.

Sure, you can't earn xp on your actual account, but it still gives you the chance to play.

Now ask yourself this, would you rather not be able to play at all, or would you rather play on a temporary online profile for the time being?

What 343 did was a smart move.

With many games, such as World of Warcraft for the PC the game servers go down every Tuesday for maintinance to add new features and fix bugs, etc. During this 30m-10h downtime, ALL servers are unplayable.

So when 343 brought the servers down to fix some bugs, and add the new playlist, they set up the temporary servers for people to play on.

Sure, you can't earn xp on your actual account, but it still gives you the chance to play.

Now ask yourself this, would you rather not be able to play at all, or would you rather play on a temporary online profile for the time being?

Youre a moron if you think its a smart move!!!!!!! A SMART MOVE WOULD HAEV BEEN TO SEND A MASS MESSAGE LETTING EVERYONE KNOW DATE AND TIMES OF UPDATES!! YOU KNOW SOME OF US ONLY PLAY ON CERTAIN DAYS N NIGHTS!!!!!!!!!

This is bull one of the biggest games ever millions put into it an this goes on an everyone sayin oh they will fix it when ? Because I seen posts on this about this problem since the game launched it is now the 27th . They promised a quick fix thats some quick fix it is the 27 an its worse than ever I think 343 bit off more than they can chew ruining a franchise that before they took over was impeccable

Servers been down for 2 days now.

A few hours, not a problem, that's fine. It's been over 24 hours since I couldn't play. I spend $100 on a game, and I can't even play when I want to? Some days I can, some I can't. However, what annoys me the most is that the whole of my friends list can play... And I can't.

If some people can't play, why can others? My friends have finished the weeklies, Spartan Ops and everything, yet I can't even connect to the ******* servers? Sort it out.

Don't start with the calm down please. It's just annoying that I pay out so much money, yet I can't play, hence other people being allowed to. Sort it out.

Atleast tell us when the servers will go down & when they'll be up, this is a bloody joke.

• Like 3

i have the same problem it started last night when i went on a 10pm and its now 4:25 pm the next day and its still not sorted any time i go to play my spartan is rank 1 and the playlist seems fine but then if i try to play it say checking for downloadable content and then switches me to standard playlists and wont let me access to spartan ops its been 16 and a half hours. its quite stupid

thats the same on as mine grunt minor all of my friends can play and im the only one who cant play

I totally agree with the post above of me. I can't play Halo 4 online now for at least 24 hours, while my friends have their original SR up I have the SR-1 because I can't connect to the servers.

Nor can I play spartan ops or play campaign co-op with a friend. I've payed 80 Euro's for this game, and I want to have fun while playing this game. I don't want to go to forums and see if other people have the same server-problems as I have... Sort it out 343. -.-

Servers were down on Sunday. It's now late Tuesday. There appears to be a complete epic failure by 343 here. Based on the fact that there has been mention about it from the company suggests either they don't know how to fix it or they don't know anything is wrong. Both possibilities reflect a humiliating lack of ability and professionalism. I hope your company is short lived, soon bankrupt and often spoken of in a negative manner. You have seen the last of my money...I guarantee it...

• Like 1

I made an account just to rant about this topic, now i can understand 343 that you have taken on a heavy burden running the halo franchise i can see that your trying to be creative while still preserving traditional game play and all that, but seriously this is'nt like building a game its just a server down, apparently for people all over the world. I cant agree with them more 3 days of your server being down this is pathetic. In all my years playing the halo franchise i have never ran into something like this. The only thing not affected by this server crash is the campaign the least you could have done was had a little forsight and given spartan ops offline capabilities. I have been so disappointed with this failure i cant even play at all. Now some people will say relax all you screaming fans its just a video game, well i say what if The NFL just decided they were'nt going to have the super bowl. What if CNN decided to stop the news for a week. What if Netflix decided to take a break. Entertainment is a big deal in society and everyone needs a break from the real world. So get of your high horse and admit you like being entertained. Well now I'm rambling so back to the subject.

343 we are very disappointed right now make it up to us and we will forgive you.

• Like 2

my servers been down for 2 days now. but only for my gamertag. I have 4 counts in my house my wife my son my daughter and

myself. they can all play Spartan ops get into war games but i cant. why won't they just let us know what's going on and if they're gonna fix it. I mean really it's so frustrating knowing that everyone else my house can play Halo 4 but I can't.

I'm glad to see I'm not the only one with this repeating issue. I just got off the phone with Microsoft Customer Support about the issue and took the multiple steps down the (painfully obvious) road. I did some research before the call and came up with several meathod to try. Some of which most of you may already know. I tried most of them, but was dissapointed to see my Spartan's rank still stripped to a lousy SR-1... But from what I read some of these methods actually worked for some people, but IMO (which actually pains me to say this...) just wait for 343 to get off their asses and actually FIX the servers. For those who are unaware and willing to try their luck (Lets face it. For some people, desperate times call for desperate measures.) I'll post the 3 methods I tried... so far...

1. Delete you Xbox LIVE Profile and Recover it back. (Do NOT blame me if you have recovery issues.) (Source: Gamefaq.com)

2. Move your Profile onto a flashdrive and play Halo 4 on a different console (Source: My Friend)

3. Unplug you Router and Modem for five mins. and plug them back in. (Source: Microsoft Customer Support)

Hopefully 343 won't make us wait too long, but I'm not putting my hopes too high. But I do know that they will absolutly have to do something before Christmas comes. Theres no way that, in their current condition, the Halo 4 servers will handle the extra load of players by the 25th. 343 will HAVE to do something by then.

same thing has happen to me for the past 2 days know going on 3 im tempted to trade in the game and get block ops if there are any 343 moderators out there notice these people who also want an answer or a solution to this problem. ive been a fan of this franchises since the start i own a xbox because of this game hell i enjoyed halo wars but right know im very annoyed and i like others hear feel like the little guy left out in the cold like others have said ive paid good money and i want what im due

i understand that its frustrating but they wont tell us whats going on because if they prematurely diagnose the problems they are having and get it wrong or if its worse then what they say it is then they will look worse and to behonest the game has been amazing so far and this has been the first major thing to happen and they will fix it because they will read this because its the issues and bug page so everyone just hang tight and hopefully it will be back on tommorow

• Like 1

I made an account just to rant about this topic, now i can understand 343 that you have taken on a heavy burden running the halo franchise i can see that your trying to be creative while still preserving traditional game play and all that, but seriously this is'nt like building a game its just a server down, apparently for people all over the world. I cant agree with them more 3 days of your server being down this is pathetic. In all my years playing the halo franchise i have never ran into something like this. The only thing not affected by this server crash is the campaign the least you could have done was had a little forsight and given spartan ops offline capabilities. I have been so disappointed with this failure i cant even play at all. Now some people will say relax all you screaming fans its just a video game, well i say what if The NFL just decided they were'nt going to have the super bowl. What if CNN decided to stop the news for a week. What if Netflix decided to take a break. Entertainment is a big deal in society and everyone needs a break from the real world. So get of your high horse and admit you like being entertained. Well now I'm rambling so back to the subject.

343 we are very disappointed right now make it up to us and we will forgive you.

My thoughts exactly. Thank you :)