Battle Rifle or D.M.R?

hudaltheturtle

I personally believe the DMR is a much more well developed weapon, and Bungie got it wrong when they put the BR in Halo 3 and the DMR in Reach, they should have done it the other way around because the DMR has better accuracy, and the bullets do more damage if you shoot in the right places, but i think 343Industries should have a mix of the two and give the DMBR (Designated Marskman's Battle Rifle, as i think it should be called) two player-controlled settings, BR and DMR, that way you can have a choice of accuracy and damage, or speed and manouverability, it would create the perfect rifle.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

from what bungie said the dmr,aa's, and some other stuff where prototypes made on reach. when reach was destroyed the dmr, armor abilities, and some other stuff where destroyed when the covenent burned and glassed reach. so i highly doubt the aa's and dmr will return.

This guy is correct.

i say they fuse them both cause think about it the BR is great but it is somewhat inaccurate from mid-long range and the DMR is a high accuracy weapon but it's not as strong as the BR is so combine them call it a BR still but make it 4 shot power and give it DMR reticle accuracy that way it becomes better for mid-long range

BR was waaaayy better then the DMR, if there was one gun they need to bring back it's the BR for sure. and for use forgers i think they really need to bring back Sandbox that was an awsome map. It was perfect size and it had great forge objects for cave maps a such.

dmr isn't coming back. it was a prototype on reach and never was fully deployed. the reason why it was never deployed is becuase the prototype and the designs were destroyed on reach. so im 100% sure the dmr isn't returning. and the br should be returning. look at my previous comment/post
well the dmr was in reach before halo CE and the BR in halo 3 which is before the next halo so in that case the BR must be the weapon in that game not the dmr which was not Halo CE

Honestly, I don't think we should care so much about the story of the Halo and just put the weapons we want to put.

You must have notice that not even the games follow a logical story; an example to this is the fact that Brutes and skirmishers appear in Reach but not in the others (which are supposedly after).

I say put both, or one with two firing modes

Rafter

Reach did lack, but you guys are bagging it a little too hard. I love Halo 3, more than Reach, but Reach wasn't an "embarrassment", it just wasn't up to par with previous Halo games. I admit it lost the regular feeling to the rest of the games, and required readjustment, but it wasn't all bad. And Halo Wars isn't bad whatsoever, it's a different genre altogether. For an RTS, it's not the best, but they didn't maul it, and for a complete blind throw out, it can be given credit as a good addition for the adventurous Halo fans.

HALO REACH is an embarrassment to Halo and anything game about halo made after halo 3 was an ambarrassment to halo all togethter.

Ever played Halo Wars? I for one didn't think an RTS can even be played on a console (I still believe that) but it wasn't that bad.. Reach is ok but it doesn't have that "Halo Style" anymore, we have health and we take fall damage, it really doesn't feel like any of the other Halo games but that doesn't have it an "embarrassment".

Reach did lack, but you guys are bagging it a little too hard. I love Halo 3, more than Reach, but Reach wasn't an "embarrassment", it just wasn't up to par with previous Halo games. I admit it lost the regular feeling to the rest of the games, and required readjustment, but it wasn't all bad. And Halo Wars isn't bad whatsoever, it's a different genre altogether. For an RTS, it's not the best, but they didn't maul it, and for a complete blind throw out, it can be given credit as a good addition for the adventurous Halo fans.

I do think that the BR will most likely return, but I just hope to god that 343 will bring it back in the style of H2 and not H3. Due to the randomness of the bullets and the system of registering shots I personally feel that the H3 BR is inferior. When you shot the BR in H2 you could literally FEEL the shots connecting, and it was beautiful. That's what I'd like to see again.

Now, if I really had the choice, I'd love to see the DMR or a single shot rifle make a return. The dmr is the most skillful primary weapon we've had since the H1 pistol, but I think many people don't understand :( Once a player puts the time in to learn how to whip shots the weapon because a work of art. At first I hated the bloom but it truly adds a level of complexity that's great for competitive gameplay. I mean, just look at the pro's dmrs. There's the proof. There's so much of a skill curve to the weapon and in my eyes that means it's perfect for competitive gaming........like halo.

^That. We had an SMG and the AR in previous games even though they were similar. Heck, games like CoD have 20 guns that are similar. What would it hurt to have both? Personally, though, I prefer the DMR, even though, canonically, the BR will be the gun returning since the DMR was retired.