Teamwork, commendations and markers.

SpaceWolf4

Is it just me, or has teamwork really declined in Halo 4? I've been encountering a lot of selfish players in matchmaking recently, up to the point where I've seen better teamwork in COD (and that's saying something) and I personally think it's down to two things: 1) Commendations and 2) The lack of team markers that previous Halo games had (for example, the X). Perhaps the lack of an actual skill system doesn't help either, but from my experience, teamwork wasn't bad in Reach and that also didn't have a skill system.

I don't know whether this can be done for Halo 4, but if not, then 343i should look into making future Commendations point-based rather than kill-based. For example, say if you're using the DMR, rather than the Commendations being "get x kills with the DMR", it should be "get x points with the DMR". Assists should be counted. That would in theory promote more teamwork.

They should also bring the team markers back. For those who haven't played previous games, there were specific markers that appeared over teammates when certain activity occurred. Yellow for the teammate firing, red if they were taking damage and an X if they died. I didn't even realize just how helpful this was in previous Halo games until it was removed. Now I don't even know where my teammates are half of the time.

Does anyone agree with me, or is it just me who has been experiencing bad teamwork in Halo 4?

People only care about K/D nowadays, no one give two cents about teamwork.

You know, that was the big issue with all of my friends and myself. K/D was the only thing we all cared about. No one was willing to sacrifice their lives in the game in order to grab the flag to keep it from resetting, or to cover a man in fear of dieing. K/D means nothing to me in my own opinion. Objective games have nothing to do with kills, I have literally played games where my team DESTROYED the other team in kills. I am talking +20 K/D Split for our whole team and yet we still lost...Because they were working the objective. You can judge me by my K/D all you want, but when you lose to me don't be shocked.

People only care about K/D nowadays, no one give two cents about teamwork.

This, I often lose Objective games,(usually King of the Hill) Because my team is sitting back, not playing the objective, worrying more about their K/D. while my K/D is currently positive, i expect it to eventually go negative if i continue to be the only person in Objective, going for the objective on my team,getting double/Triple teamed by the enemy because im all alone.