HOW MUCH!?

I am shocked at the price of the Halo:CEA. I just went to pre-order Halo:CEA on game.co.uk looked at the price of £34.99 and my jaw dropped. I'm not sure how much it is in other places and other countries,but this a stupid price. The multiplayer disk is literately a piece of DLC for Halo:Reach and I'm not even sure if there is a firefight map or mode being included, and then there is the second disk. The campaign has been said to have some extra features, but the only ones I've heard of is the HD-ing and the potential for skulls. Other wise the AI is the same, there using the same polygons and there is a mode giving us back original graphics in a different aspect ratio. I still regularly play the original halo, I was expecting a price point of £15 possibly £20 if they wanted some extra cash to help fund Halo:4.

Am I the only one that thinks that the price is far too high?

u think CEA is bad?

look at Skyrim special edition...

The statue will probably increase in value over time, also think of all the time and money they've pumped into skyrim. Its way more than the average retail game let alone another HD remake.Though I wasn't addressing the game its selves. There;s a 1200ms piece of DLC, and a 10 year old game. Other remakes haven't even thought about scratching the £20 price point.

£34.99 isnt really that bad. How much would 7 maps be on the marketplace? £10/£15 quid, that makes the game £20 so not really that bad.

Yea it's a fair price like ODST was likehow much? $50 $60 all I know was it was worth it. :thumbsup:

The Pricing is right. With the DLC that is out there you pay 10-12 UDS for 2 maps. CEA will have 7 so I would say that's worth at least $25 in the Xbox live marketplace. Throw another $15 for the actual game and I say that's a pretty sweet package. Seriously you have till November (3 months) to save up for it.

I am shocked at the price of the Halo:CEA. I just went to pre-order Halo:CEA on game.co.uk looked at the price of £34.99 and my jaw dropped. I'm not sure how much it is in other places and other countries,but this a stupid price. The multiplayer disk is literately a piece of DLC for Halo:Reach and I'm not even sure if there is a firefight map or mode being included, and then there is the second disk. The campaign has been said to have some extra features, but the only ones I've heard of is the HD-ing and the potential for skulls. Other wise the AI is the same, there using the same polygons and there is a mode giving us back original graphics in a different aspect ratio. I still regularly play the original halo, I was expecting a price point of £15 possibly £20 if they wanted some extra cash to help fund Halo:4.

You, my person that I just recently met. Complain too much... HALO 3: ODST was 60 DOLLARS; and you sit here like a small child, complaining about something that you expected, instead of keeping your mouth shut and tolerating it.

You, my person that I just recently met. Complain too much... HALO 3: ODST was 60 DOLLARS; and you sit here like a small child, complaining about something that you expected, instead of keeping your mouth shut and tolerating it.

Agreed. I wish people would realize that CEA is supposed to be to get people excited about the furure of the franchise and the direction it is heading. They said in the interviews that the new trilogy was going to stay very close to the original game play of Halo CE. It sounds like they are wanting to keep Halo true to its roots and not try to go be like CoD, which I am thrilled about.

That's kinda the point. They want it to play EXACTLY like it did 10 years ago.

Agreed. I wish people would realize that CEA is supposed to be to get people excited about the furure of the franchise and the direction it is heading. They said in the interviews that the new trilogy was going to stay very close to the original game play of Halo CE. It sounds like they are wanting to keep Halo true to its roots and not try to go be like CoD, which I am thrilled about.

Yesss! I thought reach was a little to much like CoD and less like Halo. I'm glad they are going to try to stick with the old gameplay!

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Boner! Oops can I say that? O well its a mature game lol

Assuming you're a child (which you probably are) You don't realize how much goes into making a game. $40 is a really good deal, especially considering everything you get with the game. Personally, I'd pay $100 for a Halo:CE remake, and we're getting it for only $40. Stop complaining.

Look at it like this. You're paying 20$ for a few maps, and 20$ for the remake. When you look at it that way, it doesn't seem so bad. That's not saying I find it a bad deal, I think it's a fantastic deal for such a great game. I can't wait to play some online co-op with my sister over XBL. It should also be pretty darn fun flipping through classic and new visuals.

Think of it like this, you are getting the game that started it all in today's modern graphics, arguably some of the best maps ever made in Halo for MM and some new achievements to boot. It was the best campaign in the series, in my opinion, and be available for group play. The seven maps for MM will be more original maps than got shipped with Reach. The landscapes in campaign, now overlaid with a new skin, will make it feel like a new game. I know money is tight for some of us, but you'll have around a year to save for Halo 4. That's like only 15 cents a day you have to drop in the change jar. (Jester can do the quid, Euro, or whatever conversion for me)

I think you will enjoy it and get a lot of play out of it. Besides, it will give 343ind. a sense of where the fan base is and inject money into 343ind. and MS Live in account fees. The are investing heavily into H 4 with the hopes of success, I will support them.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...