Which Halo 4 map is your favorite?

EliteFeetFleet

Favorite Halo 4 War Games Map?  

27 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favorit standard Halo 4 War Games map?

• Abandon
    • Adrift
    • Complex
    • Erosion
    • Exile
    • Haven
    • Impact
    • Longbow
    • Meltdown
    • Ragnarok
    • Ravine
    • Solace
    • Vortex

• 1 month later...

Adrift lets me shine. I'm a CQC kinda guy. Always have been. Halo 4 made that a lot harder though than in previous games... Adrift takes me back. Giving me clutter and boxes to take cover behind. Guard rails and grav lifts to camp. Real easy ways to close the gap to get that buttstroke in.

I love me some Ragnarok.

Also I enjoy Solace and Adrift, occasionally complex, and I feel Exile has potential (largely wasted with the horribly imbalanced vehicle placement).

I think it's a shame Haven is so popular, I have enjoyed it but I don't think it's nearly as good as people say. It is the most definitively Halo 4 map in all of Halo 4. That to me is a bad thing, because when I think of Halo 4 maps I think of entire maps full of indefensible positions designed to have people sprinting and dying a lot. It's just an aesthetically pleasing paintball court, a circle with a cross in the middle. Nothing about that map feels impressive because it's designed so that every point on it IS unimpressive. If there was a single good spot then it would defeat the purpose of the whole map. They accomplished what they wanted to accomplish with Haven and Halo 4, the problem is I don't think they should have tried to accomplish it.

Alright, I officially hate 3 of the 4 most popular maps.

Vortex? UGH!

Ragnarok? Double-UGH!

Complex?

Okay, that last one was a joke. It had to be. Complex is a BTB map put on small maps to torment the souls of bad Halo 4 players. It is definitely the worst map I've played in the Halo multi-verse, and I hate playing it on virtually any mode. It is alright perhaps for small slayer rounds (maybe), but not for anything else.

Now, if someone can write a convincing reason for loving Complex that I've never considered, maybe I can be convinced otherwise. But playing that map almost made me quit playing small teams on Halo 4 by itself (and I like the small team gameplay more than large team).

I can't convince you to love Complex, but it was the first map I played in a smaller playlist that made me feel like I could finally get the hell away from everybody long enough to shoot them. I don't think it plays that well, but I hate how every other map surrounds you by design. Players very frequently spawn just around the corner from you in Haven, and since your shields take so long to recharge a lot of your deaths don't have anything to do with mistakes you've made.

Halo 4 will kill you a certain minimum amount, players will kill you the rest of the time. I hate playing against the game and I hate dying because someone got lucky (I also don't like getting kills this way); that's why I hate killcams, because they only make your deaths look more like bad luck. The more distance you put between yourself and everyone else the more you can minimize the influence of chance.

I also just do better in larger maps because I feel better in open space and my playstyle tends to keep people at range. In Halo: CE I loved the open outdoor levels and kinda hated the claustrophobic indoor levels. It's the same with me in every game, I like space. Complex offers it.

I also just do better in larger maps because I feel better in open space and my playstyle tends to keep people at range. In Halo: CE I loved the open outdoor levels and kinda hated the claustrophobic indoor levels. It's the same with me in every game, I like space. Complex offers it.

It isn't that I hate space. I hate emptiness. There is a difference. With Complex, I simply cannot find people. That is made much worse on a match like Regicide (where a person gets to be King then just constantly runs).

Complex simply has too many empty spaces for me, especially all the empty buildings. The entire game seems to consist of trying to find anyone to kill. This would not be as big of a problem on a map that is simply large without a lot of cover (aka, Hemorrhage), because you would still be able to find targets, but on a map with about 10 buildings (some with multiple levels), it is simply too much. Nothing is less fun to me than either searching fruitlessly for targets or getting killed by people I cannot find.

It sickens me how popular Haven is. I have never played on a worse map. Its a giant circle- spawning kill map. Maybe everyone likes it because it feels like how COD maps are designed...

No, this is how Halo maps are meant to be designed and the good maps have been designed like this from the beginning. Arena style.

My vote goes to Adrift. Pretty much every map in the game is awful, but of the very few that are tolerable to play on, Adrift is the one that I enjoy the most.

It sickens me how popular Haven is. I have never played on a worse map. Its a giant circle- spawning kill map.

I don't understand it, either. It's easily one of the worst maps in Halo history. Not the worst one ever, but it's down there.

• 3 years later...