Captain Del Rio

Baeztoberfest

Del Rio was an idiot though because he disregarded the two hugest intel resources the UNSC has: Master Chief and Cortana. Master Chief's record speaks for itself and for Del Rio to simply override the Master Chief without a second thought shows his arrogance and his inability to listen to his feet on the ground. I can understand wanting to leave and it is a good idea...but what if that idea really put the Earth at risk? What if the guy that saved the entire human race several times over was telling the truth? That's the issue.

Again, by military doctrine(s) he made the correct call based on the limited information he had. At the time he made the decision his ship was battered, the Covenant also had a fleet against him, and Cortana was obviously in a state of rampancy. If he had any proof (other than what MC stated) that Earth would be in danger I would agree but he didn't so he put his ship/crew above the words of the MC and thus made the correct call as a Commander of a vessel.

Do I agree with his call? No, I would have believed the MC based on his service record and the potential threat. However, Del Rio was thinking of his crew and ship and as a commander, that call had to be made. It turns out, in this case, he was totally wrong (Del Rio) but the fact he left also allowed for Earth to get a warning (and Del Rio being replaced by Lasky) and somewhat prepare for a hostile alien ship (Didacts).

I am not applauding Del Rio's decision, I am simply saying under actual military docrine he made the correct call to safeguard the lives of his crew and his vessel.

• Like 1

Again, by military doctrine(s) he made the correct call based on the limited information he had. At the time he made the decision his ship was battered, the Covenant also had a fleet against him, and Cortana was obviously in a state of rampancy. If he had any proof (other than what MC stated) that Earth would be in danger I would agree but he didn't so he put his ship/crew above the words of the MC and thus made the correct call as a Commander of a vessel.

Do I agree with his call? No, I would have believed the MC based on his service record and the potential threat. However, Del Rio was thinking of his crew and ship and as a commander, that call had to be made. It turns out, in this case, he was totally wrong (Del Rio) but the fact he left also allowed for Earth to get a warning (and Del Rio being replaced by Lasky) and somewhat prepare for a hostile alien ship (Didacts).

I am not applauding Del Rio's decision, I am simply saying under actual military docrine he made the correct call to safeguard the lives of his crew and his vessel.

Thats the thing, I dont think he was making that choice based off of the safety of his ship or crew. He became panicy and was trying to save his own skin first and foremost.

Was it a good call by a military standpoint? Maybe. However with the lack of any intel on his part going back to Earth would have been fruitless as a warning. What is he going to warn them about? A glowing bubble caused his ship to crash and then they managed to get off planet? The only thing they had intel on is the Prometheans, and even that was just a confermation that they exist. No threat analisis. No known intent that the Prometheans might have had.

The call to remove Cortana from the ships systems was the right one. That much I wont debate, but the lack of composure on his part over the course of the game shows that he is cracking under the stress of a combat command and is not making rational choices for the safety of his crew. The "blow through op" was completely unnessissary. He put lives at risk with no intel and lost equipment and men in the process when there was no need to do so. A force recon would have found out how heavily defended the area was and saved lives. He made a really bad call and got people killed and just brushed it off like it was nothing.

His lack of composure and poor choices in his mission prep, lack of intel on the new enemy as well as the lack of trust and support from the crew (remember Palmer did not want him in command nor did many others) really shows that he cracked and was looking out for himself, not the ship or crew. That is a huge problem with me.

As for proof, one would think that all they would have to do is check John's battle cam to get visual evidence of the existance of the Didact however Rio didnt even consider this... Again poor judgement.

• Like 2

Thats the thing, I dont think he was making that choice based off of the safety of his ship or crew. He became panicy and was trying to save his own skin first and foremost.

Was it a good call by a military standpoint? Maybe. However with the lack of any intel on his part going back to Earth would have been fruitless as a warning. What is he going to warn them about? A glowing bubble caused his ship to crash and then they managed to get off planet? The only thing they had intel on is the Prometheans, and even that was just a confermation that they exist. No threat analisis. No known intent that the Prometheans might have had.

The call to remove Cortana from the ships systems was the right one. That much I wont debate, but the lack of composure on his part over the course of the game shows that he is cracking under the stress of a combat command and is not making rational choices for the safety of his crew. The "blow through op" was completely unnessissary. He put lives at risk with no intel and lost equipment and men in the process when there was no need to do so. A force recon would have found out how heavily defended the area was and saved lives. He made a really bad call and got people killed and just brushed it off like it was nothing.

His lack of composure and poor choices in his mission prep, lack of intel on the new enemy as well as the lack of trust and support from the crew (remember Palmer did not want him in command nor did many others) really shows that he cracked and was looking out for himself, not the ship or crew. That is a huge problem with me.

As for proof, one would think that all they would have to do is check John's battle cam to get visual evidence of the existance of the Didact however Rio didnt even consider this... Again poor judgement.

I 100% agree with you

• Like 1

The only real fact is, if Chief didnt go in when he did, He would of not had the upper hand when the Didact STARTED to nuke the planet. Do you think any UNSC ship was going to stop him, even a fleet? I doubt it.

If things went Del Rio's way they would of all been dead, Master Chief too, he would of never ran into the Librarian. The Chief is more than a investment and machine. Hes a human and that was the point of the game. He has intuition to do things that need to get done right THEN not later, he was never programmed for later, Captain Keys saw this, when things went nasty he said "Chief we need your help" just like Lasky. It was never a command, it was a request because the Chief has a better judgement on the battlefield, he was designed to be a one man army, captain to the grunts.

Del Rio tried to talk down to the chief like he was a fool, when he knew he was the reason that the humans won the covenant war. He was assumed MIA for 5 years, and then turns up...do you think you should argue with this guy who had figured out a way to stay alive. Should he have worried about his ship? not at all, its not about the money at this point, its about the race of humanity. Its bigger than the few thousand lives that maintain the ship. Chief knew what had to be done, brought information to a figure head not asking for permission to go, but instead reinforcements and warning of the impending doom.

Del rio should return and get flood infected and become some evil dude

Del Rio owes the MC nothing at all, especially an explanation. Now I see this from the MC's perspective as well as he "knows what he saw" but Del Rio couldn't take that chance and risk the lives of his crew and the ship. It was a bad situation all around but from merely a military perspective, Del Rio was on the ball.

That's what many people forget about. MC isn't a VIP, a Commander in Chief of the UNSC. He's just a soldier, he has to obey any order he might receive and he has not to argue with the commander (as he did, when Del Rio stated that sending a recon would slow them down). Yes, of course everyone should listen to his advice, i first would listen to him and obey, but in that particular case, Del Rio had the full command. And by the way, everyone thought he was dead, nobody expected him.

-snip-

But he was put in Command of the Infinity by Lord Hood himself, if he was a bad commander, whose the fault? He just acted as a Commander should do. No proves of what MC said, just a rampant AI and a thought-dead old soldier. What should you do? Engage an unknown enemy with a relatively intact ship, in a forerunner world? With a Covenant fleet awaiting?

Del Rio made the decision he believed was right...which is what is expected of Commanders....HOWEVER...he should have paid attention to the Master Chiefs record....Not only saving the Human race multiple times but also the fact that he is a Spartan, and when it comes to War....MC knows best and to ignore what he said aboutthe situation is just ignorant and quite stupid

That's what many people forget about. MC isn't a VIP, a Commander in Chief of the UNSC. He's just a soldier, he has to obey any order he might receive and he has not to argue with the commander (as he did, when Del Rio stated that sending a recon would slow them down). Yes, of course everyone should listen to his advice, i first would listen to him and obey, but in that particular case, Del Rio had the full command. And by the way, everyone thought he was dead, nobody expected him.

No he is not a VIP nor a "Commander in Chief" however he does have a rank that holds a protocal rank far higher than Rio's actual rank. More to the point he is outside Rio's command structure in the first place so any orders that Rio gives him are not actual orders but requests. Being outside Rio's command structure there is little Rio can do to John.

But he was put in Command of the Infinity by Lord Hood himself, if he was a bad commander, whose the fault? He just acted as a Commander should do. No proves of what MC said, just a rampant AI and a thought-dead old soldier. What should you do? Engage an unknown enemy with a relatively intact ship, in a forerunner world? With a Covenant fleet awaiting?

He was put there by Lord Hood because he was the only one either party (ONI and FleetCOM) could agree on to be in command of the Infinity. Not because of qualifications but because neither side would have more influence than the other. It was a political move not a militarly sound move. Why do you think Lasky was there? He was a brilliant officer and could minimize any mistakes Rio made or flat out be able to take command if/when Rio breaks down during combat (which he was). He was basically Rio's babysitter until Rio got relieved of command.

And your right, Command should have some of the blame for having Rio in command instead of somebody far more qualified (which there were). But that still does not excuse somebody of Rio's rank for his inability to work under pressure of a combat command. His choices became more and more irrational and dangerious to the crew and the ship itself.

And as I said earlier, Spartans armor is equiped with the standard issue battle recorder... There is more than ample proof of Johns story if Rio had taken a few moments to actually view this...

The UNSC Infinity was fully intact and ready to go baring its shields. The Covenant fleet in orbit had been shattered and what was left of it really wasnt in much of a position to do any offensive actions. Even more so being bound to the Didact's will. Am I saying they should have flat out attacked right away? No that would be a really really bad idea. But before leaving (which isnt a bad call in and of itself) get the UNSC some actual intel first. I mean seriously the only creditable intel they came back with was the existance of machines called Prometheans. No motovation behind what the Prometheans might do, how they might react to more human interaction. Why they are doing what they have been doing. If they will spread and threaten humanity or stay where they are. What is the goal of the Covenant on Requiem? What was the purpose of them being in orbit for years around Requiem? Who is in command of their fleet?

What possible advantages might the UNSC gain by going back to Requiem. Is there any useful technology available?

These are just bairly a few questions that intel gathering would have answered. Wouldnt even have taken them significantly longer. Whats more the presence of the Infinity might have even delayed the Didact from leaving just by being there. Its threat could have given more time to find the Composer before he does and get it to a secure location. Thus buying more time for humanity.

But in the end they left with out much of anything in the way of intel. Not exactly a successful mission.

He was put there by Lord Hood because he was the only one either party (ONI and FleetCOM) could agree on to be in command of the Infinity. Not because of qualifications but because neither side would have more influence than the other. It was a political move not a militarly sound move. Why do you think Lasky was there? He was a brilliant officer and could minimize any mistakes Rio made or flat out be able to take command if/when Rio breaks down during combat (which he was). He was basically Rio's babysitter until Rio got relieved of command.

Then why didn't he put Lasky as the captain from the beginning?

And your right, Command should have some of the blame for having Rio in command instead of somebody far more qualified (which there were). But that still does not excuse somebody of Rio's rank for his inability to work under pressure of a combat command. His choices became more and more irrational and dangerious to the crew and the ship itself.

Well i think this is wrong. He succesfully defended the ship while it was landed, and he managed to destroy the force field, allowing the ship to get out from troubles. MC choices could have seriously damaged the ship, attacking the Didact (just remember that the Didact's vessel was stronger than the Infinity, though it was damaged during the battle on Earth by two of its MAC/lasers or whatever they are).

But yes, some informations could've helped the Earth defenses.

Then why didn't he put Lasky as the captain from the beginning?

Because Lasky would have been partial to either FleetCOM or Oni. Neither side of that political battle wanted the other to have more control over the UNSC's largest and most powerful warship than themselves. Thus Rio was selected. A neutral person, but one who really was not suited for anything outside of a desk job. He was a figurehead nothing more.

Well i think this is wrong. He succesfully defended the ship while it was landed, and he managed to destroy the force field, allowing the ship to get out from troubles. MC choices could have seriously damaged the ship, attacking the Didact (just remember that the Didact's vessel was stronger than the Infinity, though it was damaged during the battle on Earth by two of its MAC/lasers or whatever they are).

But yes, some informations could've helped the Earth defenses.

But he didnt successfully defend his ship after it crashed. He split his forces (which wasnt a brilliant choice to begin with) and nearly let the Infinity get overrun by ground troops. Only with John's intervention was that prevented as he rescued the troops who went out to disable the gravity field in the first place. They never made it to their target to begin with. In fact it took a completely seperate mission to take out that gravity field.

Also just a point on that seperate mission, Rio refused to gather any intel that might have saved the men he put on that mission. Instead he made them go in completely blind and that would have ensured massive casualties. Not a good command choice.

Again, John was suggesting to keep the pressure on the Didact as the Didact was still in a very vulnerable position. His ship had not surfaced as of then and even if it had, a ship just comming out of its berth is extremely vulnerable. The Infinity was a threat to it, even if the Mantle was more powerful. It could hurt it, and hurt it badly. More to the point the Infinity had a tactical advantage over the Didact at that point simply because the Mantle did not show up. That core bubble of his ran away from the mini MAC weapon you activate in order to drive off the Covenant in the first place. If he is running from that then what would your main guns do to it? It was something that was easily exploitable yet ignored. Again poor command choices.

Its your opinion, no matter what I do and or say, I wont change it. Just pointing some things out. Thats all.

-snip-

I can see your point, and it's a valid point. Me first i'm not defending Del Rio for any tactical choices he made. I'm just saying that he (probably) acted as he always did, maybe he had different types of ships under his command, and maybe he was not the most suitable commander for the Infinity. But Hood put him on that "throne", and he was at least a half responsable for his poor judgment.

Thus, i'm confused with the Didact's Cryptum. Why didn't he actived his ship, vessel (i forgot it's name, Mantle-something) just after the Infinity attacked his Cryptum? Why has he waited for the Infinity to leave the planet?

Del Rio had balls, I'll give him that. It's like he didn't exist when chief was SINGLEHANDELY stopping the covenant time and time again 5 years ago.

I'm really surprised Del Rio didn't even give chief the benefit of a doubt.

The fact of the matter is the infinity might have had enough firepower/resources to destroy/stop the didacts vessel before it could depart to find the composer. I say the deaths of the people of new phoenix and the Installation space station are directly upon his shoulders.

It should also say something to how after the chain of command at earth heard what he did they were none too happy how he shafted the savior of earth and humanity and removed him from service.

Actually, from a military mans perspective, Del Rio made the correct call, without a doubt.

He was going on limited information from a soldier (MC) who had been MIA for years and for all Del Rio could know, he was hallucinating with his obviously rampent AI. His main concern was the safety of his ship and crew and under military doctrine he sure as hell did the correct thing by wanting to go considering both of those were surrounded by hostile aliens on a hostile world.

Del Rio owes the MC nothing at all, especially an explanation. Now I see this from the MC's perspective as well as he "knows what he saw" but Del Rio couldn't take that chance and risk the lives of his crew and the ship. It was a bad situation all around but from merely a military perspective, Del Rio was on the ball.

That's just it though, how many times has chief collected critical intel and how many times has it been reliable, the answer is SEVERAL times. Enough times that he shouldn't have just be pushed the wayside.

Del Rio had balls, I'll give him that. It's like he didn't exist when chief was SINGLEHANDELY stopping the covenant time and time again 5 years ago.

I'm really surprised Del Rio didn't even give chief the benefit of a doubt.

The fact of the matter is the infinity might have had enough firepower/resources to destroy/stop the didacts vessel before it could depart to find the composer. I say the deaths of the people of new phoenix and the Installation space station are directly upon his shoulders.

It should also say something to how after the chain of command at earth heard what he did they were none too happy how he shafted the savior of earth and humanity and removed him from service.

That's just it though, how many times has chief collected critical intel and how many times has it been reliable, the answer is SEVERAL times. Enough times that he shouldn't have just be pushed the wayside.

And I never said I disagreed with that point, in fact I see it the same way as you do.

However, consider this, you're the Commander of the single most expensive piece of UNSC created, you have a crew of (probably) thousands at your command. Now then, you have a hostile alien world, a very hostile alien fleet and an unknown enemy that is considerably more advanced than you are. Then, all of a sudden the MC comes back from MIA, has a rampant AI and is claiming something he saw that would further endanger not only the lives of your crew and your vessel, but potentially humanity.

If you, the Commander, pursue and your lose than Earth/Colonies have utterly no early warning since they have no idea what is coming. Further, you lose a squadron of S4s and the Master Chief to boot. Then, to top it all off, your ship would be combed over by the Covenant/Didact and all intel on the ship would be absorbed to further help with their attack(s).

Now with all the knowledge you then have the savior of humanity saying to take on those odds. What do you do? You either risk all I stated earlier or you turn tail and run to warn the Earth fleets about an incoming attack where you know you will have a considerable amount more ships, troops, MAC platforms, etc. With all that being said, I still believe Del Rio made the prudent military call. A Commander has to weigh the lives of his people and in Del Rio's eyes, he was in (in fact he stated this) no shape to attack such a superior vessel/enemy.

I certainly see the MC's side because I played the game and we all know he did the right thing. But from Del Rio's perspective, he weighed the options and decided the other direction. He was put in a bad situation and he decided to protect the vessel and his people which I can respect (as a military man). Though I would have personally chased the Didacts cryptum and blasted it to hell I cannot fault Del Rio.

What I do fault Del Rio for, though, is how he treated the MC from the moment they began to interact. On that, Del Rio is a POS.

• Like 1

And I never said I disagreed with that point, in fact I see it the same way as you do.

However, consider this, you're the Commander of the single most expensive piece of UNSC created, you have a crew of (probably) thousands at your command. Now then, you have a hostile alien world, a very hostile alien fleet and an unknown enemy that is considerably more advanced than you are. Then, all of a sudden the MC comes back from MIA, has a rampant AI and is claiming something he saw that would further endanger not only the lives of your crew and your vessel, but potentially humanity.

If you, the Commander, pursue and your lose than Earth/Colonies have utterly no early warning since they have no idea what is coming. Further, you lose a squadron of S4s and the Master Chief to boot. Then, to top it all off, your ship would be combed over by the Covenant/Didact and all intel on the ship would be absorbed to further help with their attack(s).

Now with all the knowledge you then have the savior of humanity saying to take on those odds. What do you do? You either risk all I stated earlier or you turn tail and run to warn the Earth fleets about an incoming attack where you know you will have a considerable amount more ships, troops, MAC platforms, etc. With all that being said, I still believe Del Rio made the prudent military call. A Commander has to weigh the lives of his people and in Del Rio's eyes, he was in (in fact he stated this) no shape to attack such a superior vessel/enemy.

I certainly see the MC's side because I played the game and we all know he did the right thing. But from Del Rio's perspective, he weighed the options and decided the other direction. He was put in a bad situation and he decided to protect the vessel and his people which I can respect (as a military man). Though I would have personally chased the Didacts cryptum and blasted it to hell I cannot fault Del Rio.

What I do fault Del Rio for, though, is how he treated the MC from the moment they began to interact. On that, Del Rio is a POS.

Again that is what gets me. I dont think he made that call based upon his ships and crews safety nor actually delivering any intel (like he actually had any intel in the first place) to Earth. I see him through out the game get increasingly more irrational and concerned not for his crews or ships safety but his own personal safety. Thats where the call seems to come from to me.

Yes its a matter of perspective. I cant say your wrong because of that. But even if it were a solid military call (which I dont think it was in the first place due to lack of any intelligence gathered) was it the right call? No. Quite frankly we will never know as the Infinity left that part of space. Do we know how few Covenant ships are left (considering the Infinity ripped through them like a hot knife through butter) and how vulnerable the Didact was before his ship actually arrived? Is it possible the Infinity could have more than handled those threats on its own in its current state? I think it is possible. But we wont know as those are not the events that took place.

In an alternate timeline we must go to find the answers we seek.

No such timeline has been recorded so we just dont know.

Chief saved earth and he was protecting cortana from the captain and he maybe should of been court marshalled but leaving a solider in hostile territory is a war crime so they where right to lock up the captain

It's not a war crime. A war criminal is a totally different situation.

Umm dude... When his orders weren't followed he Left master Chief for dead on a completely unknown planet full of enemies.

I don't think his insubordination "Flew" at all

He didnt leave anyone anywhere, MC went AWOL and stole a decked out Pelican in the process. When the MC was absorbed into Del Rio's command he was obligated to follow his command of the Infinity. MC did not and, on his own, made the choice to bail and go after the Didact.

Being a War Criminal is a totally different issue with a totally different meaning.

The UNSC Infinity is the human flagship equipped to the teeth. Here are the points I will make on behalf of Captain Andrew Del Rio.

1. Del Rio was the commanding officer. When I was deployed in Afghanistan I saw my CO get into people's asses DAILY. Seeing a commander lose his military bearing in a combat environment is not neccasarily a bad thing. It doesn't mean that he's lost his ability to lead. Period.

2. The Master Chiefs service record is awe inspiring. That said, there is still a reason for chain of command and an ability to do your duties ESPECIALLY as an enlisted soldier.

That said you have to think was Del Rios order am improper order? Was escaping Requiem putting anyone's life at risk? Negative. The only intel that they had was that they fired a MAC round at the Didact and he prevailed. An unknown hostile force and an entire covenant armada working together? Yeah, escape was the right option.

3. Cortana should have been decommissioned. She had no business in the Infinity's controls. The damage that could've occurred would've been extensive.

4. From a tactical standpoint nothing could be gained by being grounded in hostile territory on a wild goose chase for an enemy who's military prowess is undetermined.

5. Del Rio will make a reappearance. For nothing less than storyline appeal, he will reappear because he isn't the war criminal people are painting him to be.

The UNSC Infinity is the human flagship equipped to the teeth. Here are the points I will make on behalf of Captain Andrew Del Rio.

1. Del Rio was the commanding officer. When I was deployed in Afghanistan I saw my CO get into people's asses DAILY. Seeing a commander lose his military bearing in a combat environment is not neccasarily a bad thing. It doesn't mean that he's lost his ability to lead. Period.

2. The Master Chiefs service record is awe inspiring. That said, there is still a reason for chain of command and an ability to do your duties ESPECIALLY as an enlisted soldier.

That said you have to think was Del Rios order am improper order? Was escaping Requiem putting anyone's life at risk? Negative. The only intel that they had was that they fired a MAC round at the Didact and he prevailed. An unknown hostile force and an entire covenant armada working together? Yeah, escape was the right option.

3. Cortana should have been decommissioned. She had no business in the Infinity's controls. The damage that could've occurred would've been extensive.

4. From a tactical standpoint nothing could be gained by being grounded in hostile territory on a wild goose chase for an enemy who's military prowess is undetermined.

5. Del Rio will make a reappearance. For nothing less than storyline appeal, he will reappear because he isn't the war criminal people are painting him to be.

It is nice to see another military member adding input that is right on the same lines as mine. Do you have a chance to go back over to that shizhole (Afghanistan)? When I was in it was Bosnia but I have heard nothing but displeasure about tours in Afghanistan thus I hope you remain safe.

It is nice to see another military member adding input that is right on the same lines as mine. Do you have a chance to go back over to that shizhole (Afghanistan)? When I was in it was Bosnia but I have heard nothing but displeasure about tours in Afghanistan thus I hope you remain safe.

Lol. Thanks. I went April '11 to January '12. It was okay. I'll ETS before redeployment. I did my four years. Got a wife and kid out of it. Had a good run but time to move on. Might revisit. As a contractor though. Lol. That's where the money is at.

Making calls such as the one Del Rio did is all part of being a commander/officer.... He made the wrong one in this case, however at the time he thought it was right.

Now with that in mind, he should have put a little more faith in the man who saved humanity more then once and who was completely willing to sacrifice himself to save humanity (By stranding himself AND detonating that nuke)

Decisions like the one Del Rio made shouldn't be made out of haste, but rather out of time, even when it is in a very foreign and dangerous place facing an unknown threat (which is why he should have sent a Recon Picket out several times). He should have noticed that the chief knew what he was talking about and had more experience in actual fighting then Del Rio....

So while Del Rio was incorrect in his choice....he was without alot of info and did what he was trained to do, however there are some things that you need to learn on your own........

Del Rio did the right thing as Medscu and others have pointed out but he didn't need to RTB, they had taken out the gravity well, He could of begun harassing operations of the storms remaining fleet. Whittle down their secondaries and damage as much ships as he can, at the same time begun proper recon ops of Requiem. Infinity had shields when she left, she wasn't limping out.

He could've parked close to the opening and none of those ships would've tried an old ship of the line blaze of glory even in concert.

He might come back though, In prologue it's the voice actors voice who voices Del rio that is halsies interrogator, it could've been Del Rio.

Del Rio did the right thing as Medscu and others have pointed out but he didn't need to RTB, they had taken out the gravity well, He could of begun harassing operations of the storms remaining fleet. Whittle down their secondaries and damage as much ships as he can, at the same time begun proper recon ops of Requiem. Infinity had shields when she left, she wasn't limping out.

He could've parked close to the opening and none of those ships would've tried an old ship of the line blaze of glory even in concert.

He might come back though, In prologue it's the voice actors voice who voices Del rio that is halsies interrogator, it could've been Del Rio.

Interesting... Yeah I fully plan on his return. It's easy to see the grey picture he was in. He wasn't a saint but he wasn't hitler either. I fully plan on a reappearance.

Interesting... Yeah I fully plan on his return. It's easy to see the grey picture he was in. He wasn't a saint but he wasn't hitler either. I fully plan on a reappearance.

I was wrong, The infinity didn't have shields but it is a complete military machine all rolled up in one, a base ship that could in earnest take on 3 capital class covenant ships in a point confrontation. It carries 8? destroyer class ships? as well as a crap load of sabre and sword fighters as well as it's pelican complement, not to mention it's on board defensive and offensive capabilities. With no shields it still wouldn't be worth taking on, it could deploy everything and lockup a requiem entrance all to it's self (which i think it has done).

Where was Del Rio's command staff other than Lasky and Palmer? Lasky didn't need to put boots on land and Palmer should of handled all ground ops not lasky himself.

Any navy boys on site? Do Xo's ever leave their ships?