Things I absolutely Hate about Halo 4

Corey Anthony

The Matchmaking in Halo 4 is by far the worst out of EVERY Halo game. It has made me decide to sell my Copy of Halo 4 and the Xbox 360 I bought last week specifically just to play this game. I'm not ranting or anything I would just like 343 to know that Bungie did ten times better on any of their Halo games than 343 could ever hope to do. The Campaign is the ONLY thing I enjoyed which I always preferred Matchmaking over anything else before.

Ordinance- It is a horrible idea. If anything Halo 4 should follow the Laws of the Halo Universe for Multiplayer. Such as having weapons on the ground all over the map. Why should the losing team get better Ordinance than the winning team? They didn't earn it so they shouldn't have it.

Loadout- This is obviously copying Call of Duty's Create a Class. They might have tried to get away with it but it's so obvious that they are copying another game. I don't like CoD but I know enough about it that 343 is copying it.

Vehicle Health- Vehicles go down way too easy in this game other than the Mantis and the tanks. Warthogs and Ghosts go down in seconds if even two people are Dmring it.

Betrayals- How come they make it so you can't betray in Infinity Slayer but you can betray in gametypes like Flood. After playing Reach and seeing how many people betrayed in Infected you'd think they'd have enough common sense to turn off betrayals in Flood.

Weapons Disappearing- Why in the Hell would they make it so once you die and drop a gun it disappears in 7 seconds? It needs to be changed. It is one of the things I hate more than anything int his game. You waste your ammo trying to kill their sniper from 20 yards away, you finally 5 shot him, he drops the sniper, and by the time you run over to his body it's completely gone.

Halo 4 is unbalanced and it is a complete joke to every other Halo game. I've been playing the Halo Series for 10 years and I am a true fan. I stood in line and waited for this game and all of the others. I've played them all through on Legendary, gotten most commendations, and every achievement. I've found all of the Easter Eggs even if it took me many hours to do so.

And I know this last comment will hurt but Halo: ODST and Halo Wars was twice as good as Halo 4. This may be my opinion but I can't stand playing Matchmaking because it is so utterly horrible.

• Like 2

Yo, put the halo reach disc in your Xbox, problem solved.

Honestly you cant be that big of a halo fan if you're already giving up on this game after a week.

I will agree with you on the weapons disappearing too quickly. I also don't like that there is no friendly fire on BTB, but I'm sure there are others who like that change. To me it just doesn't make sense... it feels like a social game type, but we're being ranked. I'm so confused by this new hidden true skill ranking system... that's the biggest let down for me. Online play just isn't as addicting now, but its still fun.

Anyway, haters gonna hate.

• Like 1

Loadout- This is obviously copying Call of Duty's Create a Class. They might have tried to get away with it but it's so obvious that they are copying another game. I don't like CoD but I know enough about it that 343 is copying it.

This is vaguely similar to Call of Duty's system. Just because you can make a class doesn't mean it is Call of Duty. There is another game that has a similar set up to Halo 4, but I'll let you figure it our yourself. :)

Let me clarify some of this for others on here that may be reading your "not rant."

Why should the losing team get better Ordinance than the winning team? They didn't earn it so they shouldn't have it.

You HAVE to earn this ordinance drop. You do not get ordinances without gaining points, by either Killing other players, assisting in kills, gaining medals and etc. Not only that, but you do not get "better" ordinance drops for losing. Ordinances have certain drop rates per each game type. These drop rates can be found on the main Halo 4 web page and they are all randomized..

Everyone who keeps saying 343 "Copied" Call of Duty shoud be SLAPPED. :banghead: Call of Duty was NOT the first game to come out with loadouts for christ sake. Many games have had this before COD. Accoring to http://www.giantbomb.com/weapon-slot-loadout/92-2629/ weapon load outs were "First seen in Halo: Combat Evolved." Their are currently at least 65 games today that include a load out option. So, this "Copying COD" crap needs to be stopped, now.

Vehicle Health- Vehicles go down way too easy in this game other than the Mantis and the tanks. Warthogs and Ghosts go down in seconds if even two people are Dmring it.

You see, I COMPLETELY dissagree with you now that I have been playing Halo 4 for a little while. The problem is not that they are too weak, the problem WAS that vehicles were too STRONG. I love that vehicles can be shot down with almost any weapon. Back in Halo 2 and Halo 3 it would take a miracle to shoot down an enemy vehicle unless you had rockets/Stick grenades (in Halo 2) or Rockets, Sticky nades or Laser (in Halo 3). So be thankful these vehicles aren't as strong as they used to be.

Betrayals- How come they make it so you can't betray in Infinity Slayer but you can betray in gametypes like Flood. After playing Reach and seeing how many people betrayed in Infected you'd think they'd have enough common sense to turn off betrayals in Flood.

First of all you should never betray in the first place. Secondly, this isn't a big enough problem to even be posting about. Who cares when you can and can not betray. They obviously have a purpose to this if they took the time to speficy this in each game setting. Play Slayer Pro if you want to be able to betray in Slayer. I think they did us a favor by turning it off in some game types. You ever been in a grenade war, you really want your team mates grenades killing you and not the other team by accident?

Halo 4 is unbalanced and it is a complete joke to every other Halo game. I've been playing the Halo Series for 10 years and I am a true fan. I stood in line and waited for this game and all of the others. I've played them all through on Legendary, gotten most commendations, and every achievement. I've found all of the Easter Eggs even if it took me many hours to do so.

Halo 4 is probably the most balanced Halo ever released in an overall aspect. Given the DMR is pretty powerful but who cares. I find it hard to believe you have been a Halo fan for over 10 years and yet you compare your gaming to Halo Reach, the worst Halo ever made, according to players polls and gaming networks. I am sorry you stood in line for this game. I can honestly say I didn't even reserve the game, I merely walked into Wal-Mart around 11:55pm and picked the game up then walked out. No line, No rush, No pre-paying.

And I know this last comment will hurt but Halo: ODST and Halo Wars was twice as good as Halo 4. This may be my opinion but I can't stand playing Matchmaking because it is so utterly horrible.

You compare a FPS to a game like Halo Wars? These games aren't even in the same catagory, sir. Halo Wars = Starcraft Gameplay type.

I am going to go ahead and go now and just assume you wrote this in anger and everything you said was opinionated. Because, I know literally no one that backs what you have said other than the weapons dissapearing (good point there).

For the worst game ever made in the Halo series it sure has had a high success rate. So high, actually, it broke all Halo Sales and game play records to this date.

-FaTaL

• Like 2

Looks like another rant thread. You do make a few good points, but mostly this looks like a rage post.

Also, about this ''Halo copied COD OMGLOL'' - stuff that's going on lately on these forums; It's buil****. If we really want to get into it, the truth is COD has copied a lot more from other games, most of all Halo, than Halo has ever copied from COD. It's just the way the gaming industry is.

And as always, if you don't like the game -- don't play it. Just pop in Reach, Halo 3 or whatever you feel is worthy of your time.

• Like 1

OP,

I agree with your frustration. Sometimes just put the game away for a day or two like I did and go back to it. You are right in the sense that you should not be overly frustrated playing a video game.

However, the game is fairly new. Give it some time like a month or two and then come back to the forums stating your concerns if they have not been met.

Besides, most of these forum threads, posts, etc. are not even going to be looked at by 343.

-UnSeEnZ

A GAME IS NOT BALANCED IF YOU GET RANDOM DROPS BASED ON HOW WELL YOU DO OR DON'T PERFORM.

@ Fatal's #3 - Vehicles should be based on shields of the player, not cumulative damage. It's not right when I hijack or get in a vehicle and it blows up in LITERALLY one DMR hit because it's about ready to blow. The shields are supposed to encompass the vehicle a player gets in and are directly proportional to that. It's always been that way before, shouldn't have been changed.

Halo 4 stacks up quite well to the Bungie titles. Thats a lot coming from a guy thats a fanatic for Bungie.

The ordinaces keep the games tight and exciting. They do put a TON of power weapons on the field at once, which is a bit silly.

Loadouts keep encounters from getting boring. Don't tell me you actually enjoyed the AR fest in lone wolves for Halo 3? Pretty boring.

You have to be way more cautious in vehicles now. I've gone on comparable killing streaks in the banshee from this game that I would have gotten in 3 and Reach. I just had to play smarter.

Betrayals are a bit of a nuisance in flood, I have to admit. Aiming for the (bit too hardy) flood and killing 2 of your teammates is a pain in the ass. In BTB its also annoying that your teammates can get angry that you took one of the vehicles and just destroy it. Good job, we lose because you're too much of a baby to let me get kills in this thing.

Have to agree with the weapons dissapearing, I dont understand that at all.

Halo 4 is a different overall experience from Halo 3 and Reach, just like Reach was a different experience from Halo 3. Halo 4 keeps itself from getting stale. If halo 4 did the exact same formula as the games before it without changing anything, it would be more like COD than anything, dont you think?

• Like 1

I'll be honest at least the loadout system in Halo 4 actually makes sense. When it gives you the option of a jetpack you can justify this by the fact that you are a heavily armoured, cybernetically augmented super soldier fighting aliens in space. When COD lets you become 'Cold Blooded' you have to wonder what the hell it is on about.

• 2 weeks later...

Let me clarify some of this for others on here that may be reading your "not rant."

You HAVE to earn this ordinance drop. You do not get ordinances without gaining points, by either Killing other players, assisting in kills, gaining medals and etc. Not only that, but you do not get "better" ordinance drops for losing. Ordinances have certain drop rates per each game type. These drop rates can be found on the main Halo 4 web page and they are all randomized..

Everyone who keeps saying 343 "Copied" Call of Duty shoud be SLAPPED. :banghead: Call of Duty was NOT the first game to come out with loadouts for christ sake. Many games have had this before COD. Accoring to http://www.giantbomb...oadout/92-2629/ weapon load outs were "First seen in Halo: Combat Evolved." Their are currently at least 65 games today that include a load out option. So, this "Copying COD" crap needs to be stopped, now.

You see, I COMPLETELY dissagree with you now that I have been playing Halo 4 for a little while. The problem is not that they are too weak, the problem WAS that vehicles were too STRONG. I love that vehicles can be shot down with almost any weapon. Back in Halo 2 and Halo 3 it would take a miracle to shoot down an enemy vehicle unless you had rockets/Stick grenades (in Halo 2) or Rockets, Sticky nades or Laser (in Halo 3). So be thankful these vehicles aren't as strong as they used to be.

First of all you should never betray in the first place. Secondly, this isn't a big enough problem to even be posting about. Who cares when you can and can not betray. They obviously have a purpose to this if they took the time to speficy this in each game setting. Play Slayer Pro if you want to be able to betray in Slayer. I think they did us a favor by turning it off in some game types. You ever been in a grenade war, you really want your team mates grenades killing you and not the other team by accident?

Halo 4 is probably the most balanced Halo ever released in an overall aspect. Given the DMR is pretty powerful but who cares. I find it hard to believe you have been a Halo fan for over 10 years and yet you compare your gaming to Halo Reach, the worst Halo ever made, according to players polls and gaming networks. I am sorry you stood in line for this game. I can honestly say I didn't even reserve the game, I merely walked into Wal-Mart around 11:55pm and picked the game up then walked out. No line, No rush, No pre-paying.

You compare a FPS to a game like Halo Wars? These games aren't even in the same catagory, sir. Halo Wars = Starcraft Gameplay type.

I am going to go ahead and go now and just assume you wrote this in anger and everything you said was opinionated. Because, I know literally no one that backs what you have said other than the weapons dissapearing (good point there).

For the worst game ever made in the Halo series it sure has had a high success rate. So high, actually, it broke all Halo Sales and game play records to this date.

-FaTaL

What this guy said, cant be said any better than that.

• Like 1

The reason we bring up cod is because its the main game us halo fans stray from that we know use this loadout system. I know transformers, i believe battlefeild, annd many orhers im leaving out. But the reason we halo fans are so frustrated is because we enjoy the fact that all are treated equal no matter of class or rank. Thst we all shared the same exact loadouts in a map so no other person could bwat us sonce he could fully customise his loadout with perks and many abilities. We wnjoy the equal effect how guns didnt need to fall out of the sky ( unless in firefight) How the weapons you wanted were laying in the feild and it was first come first serve. They were power weapons because if most only two existed out a time unless the game type was changed. I remember in halo 3 on the map gaurdian. How the grav hammer was standing up in the center of the map. And it was clear to see for each team. It was a game of strategy and the teams needed to use their equipment like bubble sheild and radar jammer to use to sneak this holy weapon to wreck destruction.in reach the gameplay slightly changed since we were introduced with armor abilities. A step closer to making loadout classes but was very limited with it since still. We all played the sane map with the same list of choices. Of course you can modify your loadout but then that removes the preparation factor personally i believe they should make a seperate list of gametypes that use ordinance and loadouts and the other list be classic reach or halo 3. Also. What happen to dual weilding and the mass amount of weapons that were involved? Was this design too cheap or was it to uneffective? Personally i loved dual weilding since it removed your grenades and once you bashed you lost you second gun plus the spiker/ plasma rifle combo i enjoyed

It has made me decide to sell my Copy of Halo 4 and the Xbox 360 I bought last week specifically just to play this game.

I've been playing the Halo Series for 10 years and I am a true fan. I stood in line and waited for this game and all of the others. I've played them all through on Legendary, gotten most commendations, and every achievement. I've found all of the Easter Eggs even if it took me many hours to do so.

OK, I'm going to need a little help from you on your post.

1. You traded in this game & yet you come on this forum to rant about (in your view) the inadequacies of the matchmaking.

Why bother? You've gotten rid of the game. What do you hope to achieve?

2. A true fan. Really? How much of a true fan are you to buy a new Xbox just to play this game?

How did you play all the other Halo games if you didn't have a Xbox? Halo is exclusive to Xbox.

3. You played on Legendary, gotten most commendations, and every achievement. I've found all of the Easter Eggs even if it took me many hours to do so. Good for you. Sounds like you've gotten your moneys worth from the games.

Only thing is, if you're not playing co-op, how do you play multiplayer at Legendary level?

Also, all those Legendary gaming hours would be on single player, thus your rant about matchmaking doesn't apply to it.

OP,

I agree with your frustration. Sometimes just put the game away for a day or two like I did and go back to it. You are right in the sense that you should not be overly frustrated playing a video game.

However, the game is fairly new. Give it some time like a month or two and then come back to the forums stating your concerns if they have not been met.

Besides, most of these forum threads, posts, etc. are not even going to be looked at by 343.

-UnSeEnZ

i thought that the moderaters for this site were in fact 343i employees. are they not?, because it sure seemed like they took a lot of options and opinions that were made on this site and emplimented them in reach.

as far as th OP, goes the only good point he made is that wepons do dissaper far too quickly! i would appreciate if 343 changes that one aspect of the game.

The Matchmaking - I agree they have a problem with matching teams 2 vs 4, 3 vs 5 etc. way to often. As far as balancing, I’ve noticed many of the Inf. Slayer games have become highly competitive and rather close all the time. Objective it’s hard to rank people, but the Slayer is doing a good job.

Ordinance- I don’t see any problems with this and the LOSSING TEAM doesn’t get better drops. It’s completely random, I find myself getting snipers while my team is winning or losing. If you earned the ordinance you earned it, winning or losing team.

Loadout- Again, if they didn’t have this playing big team would blow as you have to have a player with Plasma Pistol, Stickies to counter all the damn vehicles. Also, I have a spawning player with all sprint to get weapons and a normal player with hologram for battles. Use them to your advantage, don’t say they don’t work, as they do.

Vehicle Health- Vehicles, shouldn’t run the game, they made them more power but can’t take as much damage, fair tradeoff. The ghost’s weapons is stronger in this game than any other Halo.

Betrayals- You can betray in all gamestypes, what world are you playing in? If someone else damaged you and then your teammate kills you, that player gets the kill, but if you take no damage it’s a betrayal.

Weapons Disappearing- I haven’t seen this that often, I think the weapons timer is random but more often then not if you kill someone I’ve had time to always retrieve their weapon, unless across map. I like the fact you can’t die and go get your own weapon, you earned it but lost it….

Halo 4 is unbalanced and it is a complete joke to every other Halo game. I've been playing the Halo Series for 10 years and I am a true fan.

^^^Should have posted that first, I wouldn’t have even wasted my time, ODST and Halo Wars, the WORST 2 gamers ever to have the name Halo attached to it, you said were better than this game. This game does have it flaws and issues, but nothing like that.

My problems with the game:

Spawning Secondary (boltshot) fast reload bug and stronger then a Scattershot and Shotgun

MM and unbalanced number of players per team at start more oftan than not

Amour abilities in general, I don’t mind sprint but the others just cause problems with the game. Shield, no reason to have anything to SAVE you in a game. Jet Pack gives the default payers a gift, as all the players that switched to BJ in Halo 3 are all screwed now. I tried going back and other tried as wel, it just doesn’t work.

Bumper Jumper, first tests in BETA had LT as Amour ability, and X as grenade, that was perfect, now BJ has a big disadvantage against Default or Recon.

Random Spawns in every gametype, not just people but the Ball and Hills. I have played CTF games when you dominate a team’s spawn they can spawn ½ map or even near your base? Hill move should be near the current hill as to benefit the team HOLDING IT, not pass it across the map where the team just spawned you dominated. I have host to many ball and hill games to teams that were handed the game but the entire team had a negative K/D not because we were farming kills either.

Mantis, WTF this doesn’t belong in Halo, unless you can make it when the shields pot the front protective plate pops off so you can shoot the driver. This vehicle has way to much health, a good driver can last the entire game, at least the RED side has this ability with the mountain angle/cover.

• 3 weeks later...

The Matchmaking - I agree they have a problem with matching teams 2 vs 4, 3 vs 5 etc. way to often. As far as balancing, I’ve noticed many of the Inf. Slayer games have become highly competitive and rather close all the time. Objective it’s hard to rank people, but the Slayer is doing a good job.

Ordinance- I don’t see any problems with this and the LOSSING TEAM doesn’t get better drops. It’s completely random, I find myself getting snipers while my team is winning or losing. If you earned the ordinance you earned it, winning or losing team.

Loadout- Again, if they didn’t have this playing big team would blow as you have to have a player with Plasma Pistol, Stickies to counter all the damn vehicles. Also, I have a spawning player with all sprint to get weapons and a normal player with hologram for battles. Use them to your advantage, don’t say they don’t work, as they do.

Vehicle Health- Vehicles, shouldn’t run the game, they made them more power but can’t take as much damage, fair tradeoff. The ghost’s weapons is stronger in this game than any other Halo.

Betrayals- You can betray in all gamestypes, what world are you playing in? If someone else damaged you and then your teammate kills you, that player gets the kill, but if you take no damage it’s a betrayal.

Weapons Disappearing- I haven’t seen this that often, I think the weapons timer is random but more often then not if you kill someone I’ve had time to always retrieve their weapon, unless across map. I like the fact you can’t die and go get your own weapon, you earned it but lost it….

^^^Should have posted that first, I wouldn’t have even wasted my time, ODST and Halo Wars, the WORST 2 gamers ever to have the name Halo attached to it, you said were better than this game. This game does have it flaws and issues, but nothing like that.

My problems with the game:

Spawning Secondary (boltshot) fast reload bug and stronger then a Scattershot and Shotgun

MM and unbalanced number of players per team at start more oftan than not

Amour abilities in general, I don’t mind sprint but the others just cause problems with the game. Shield, no reason to have anything to SAVE you in a game. Jet Pack gives the default payers a gift, as all the players that switched to BJ in Halo 3 are all screwed now. I tried going back and other tried as wel, it just doesn’t work.

Bumper Jumper, first tests in BETA had LT as Amour ability, and X as grenade, that was perfect, now BJ has a big disadvantage against Default or Recon.

Random Spawns in every gametype, not just people but the Ball and Hills. I have played CTF games when you dominate a team’s spawn they can spawn ½ map or even near your base? Hill move should be near the current hill as to benefit the team HOLDING IT, not pass it across the map where the team just spawned you dominated. I have host to many ball and hill games to teams that were handed the game but the entire team had a negative K/D not because we were farming kills either.

Mantis, WTF this doesn’t belong in Halo, unless you can make it when the shields pot the front protective plate pops off so you can shoot the driver. This vehicle has way to much health, a good driver can last the entire game, at least the RED side has this ability with the mountain angle/cover.

when you quoted me there i was quoteing someone else, go back and read the post again and you will see that those are someone elses comments that i too retorted to. i never said that odst or wars was better thatn 4 that was someone else. but i do like all of the halo games including those two.