Post Your Halo 4 Matchmaking Issues Here

Spectral Jester

1. instant respawns people who die need to be penalized people who kill someone should get benefited with them having a 5-7 respawn time

2. weapons on map. i'm always running out of ammo if we gonna have instant respawns i dont see why we can't have infintie weapon no reloads so i'm able to kill everyone who spawns on me.

3. join in matches.. make it so you can toggle joining a match in progress please.

4. VISABLE ranking system this is make or break for halo 4 if it is on halo waypoint halo WILL die i want to compare my skill to the oppsing team to see how good they are and how i fare with them.

5. randon weapon spawn.. No we need map controll without power weapons on the map you force people to camp every and anywhere which is crazy

6. BR needs to 4 shot again if the dmr is able to shoot from anywhere on the map.. Ar needs the range cut in half people can get rid of my sheilds in 10 bullets from across the map.

Every so often I am kicked out of a game due to some lag spike on my end. I understand that is my fault for my crapy internet. The issue is after I am returned to the lobby my "Network settings" is set to "My Xbox" and will not allow me to play match making. Even after I switch my "Network settings" to "Xbox live" it still says I am not connected to Xbox live and returns my network settings to "My Xbox". Even though I clearly am connected to Xbox live, since I still have access to my Xbox guide and talk to my friends either through msgs or Xbox live party.

The way I fix my issue is either, logging out and back in or going to my dashboard and restarting the game. This is both very inconvenient.

The past two days online have been nothing but lag. I am done with matchmaking until this is fixed. The only time I get a fair game is when it is full of my friends. In the past two days my K/D has almost been cut in half and that is sad because now its worse than it was on halo 3 when i first started playing halo online.

• Like 1

I was playing SWAT and I finally finished the Wetwork specialization. I also got the monthly in the same game. I was about 1000 or so away from finishing it, so when I did, I picked Operator and the monthly xp just vanished. I can't really be mad seeing as how I'm such a high level, but that sucks...

tl;dr

I did the monthly for nothing. :realmad:

frankly i have never had more issues with a damn game before in my life except for mouse trap when i was 4 and that game didnt have all the pieces.

i love the game play for H4 but seriously..... the servers shut down on me every second game and none of my other games are affected like this.

no double team???? wtf!!! 343 has a lot of work to do and till things chaNGE IM JUST About done.

So far I'm genuinely loving MM. Few issues I'm having;

- If the host migrates and you have a pending ordnance drop, the selection changes. This seems like a glitch.

- It's very easy for teammates to pinch your ordnance drop before you do as the drop sometimes doesn't appear in plain sight, this would be helped by increasing how long it takes for them to pickup an ordnance drop and also showing the drop on the radar.

(I obviously don't mind team mates taking drops if I'm dead, or to prevent enemies from doing so - but, it's obnoxious when you're beaten to the weapon you earned.)

- I find it very frustrating there are no ammo banks for loadout weapons in the bases; I often find myself running completely out of ammo and ending up defenceless having to get killed (or follow a teammate until he is killed and drops his weapon).

- The range of the radar is very large and causes a lot of stalemates on maps, especially on Ragnarok because it's so open, its obvious where everyone is. Even though I think it's needed for spotting the vehicles, I also think it's makes it hard to close in on enemies and it's turning Big Team into exclusively DMR Slayer.

- Please introduce a driving test for Ghost users - I keep getting run over by team mates boosting carelessly over hills and through interior spaces. Of course I'm joking, just have them all permanently banned.

- Killcam is broken.

• Like 3

I'd like to start this complaint by saying that I think 343 has done a marvelous job with the franchise so far. The campaign blew me away, as did the superb sound design and second to none visuals. Seriously, thanks for adding character development to the series. Now on to the complaining.

As longtime fans, my buddy and I were trying to figure out why we don't immediately love H4's matchmaking. After some thought, we decided none of the new maps stood out to us as remarkable. They all work fine, and the spawning is good, but something about them is off; we didn't get that insta-hook like we did with H1 (PC), H2, H3 and Reach's matchmaking. Then we played a custom game with random weapon spawns. Suddenly, the new maps were much more fun to play. What we thought was an issue with level design was actually just 343's decision to include custom loadouts. In previous Halos, I loved learning how to play every square inch of the maps with whatever weapons I had at any given moment. But when I spawn with the ability to reach out and touch somebody at the opposite end of the map, why should I learn how to best close the distance between me and that target? I'm of course talking about the ability to spawn with the DMR.

In theory I like the idea of loadouts, but as it now stands it is flawed. I would suggest further limiting the weapons options in the loadout to secondaries only, or possibly removing the option of customizing your weapons entirely. I still like the idea of passive loadout options (jetpacks, faster reloading, radar visible while scoped) because of the subtle differences you see play out in matches which are noticeable, but there aren't any that you are forced to use simply to remain competitive.

At the very least give us the option to have games where weapons spawn on the map and we all start with the assault rifle (thank you for making that gun sexy again, btw). Cheers, and thanks for giving us the best Halo campaign since CE.

• Like 1

Got Halo 4 a couple days ago, love the game. It's different than what I expected, but good. Definitely my favourite FPS since Bad Company 2.

But I gotta say, I'm kind of very super disappointed with BTB. No objective playlists grinded my gears, but what really cracks my crayons is the DMR. On the maps with longer sight lines, it ruins the whole BTB experience. Everytime I get Valhalla, which was my favourite map in H3, it just turns into getting DMR'd right off the spawn from across the map. There's hardly any vehicle warfare, sniping's obsolete. DMR needs to either have it's long-range power nerfed, or it needs to be removed from BTB. The rest of the playlists are pretty freaking awesome, it's just sad that my all-time favourite game-type is basically just 8v8 DMR fest now.

Also, where is Team Snipers?

I'm having trouble connecting with my friend. His profile says 'Not Joinable', same as mine. My NAT is open, his is Moderate (we played Reach with this same configuration and had no problems). Neither of us can join the other's party/game. I can play with other people fine. Any help is appreciated.

I have the same problem, my NAT is open, my Privacy in the Halo party is open max players is 16 and I have invited friends and nothing...

yes like the other guy said. brink back the ranking system... all old school halo players hate you guys right now for not having a ranked playlist. and bring back some old maps that are small so you can bring back double team as well... ive owned and played every halo besides odst. and halo 2-3-reach all had double team and a ranking system... and thats why i buy the halo games. so me and my homie can own on some double team. pretty upset with this as of right now. but its an easy fix.... do work, thanks.

All of matchmaking is broken. People only use the battle rifle for everything. there is no diversity in the waepons set, because the other weapons suck.The DMR is good but has a lot of climb after getting shot which causes you to fight it constantly under fire. where as the battle rifle is dead on accurate. besides you don't need to be accurate with it at all. All you need to do is piont it in the enemy's direction and squeeze as many times as possible. all the hand guns have no stopping power to them. The shotguns are useless except at point blank range. But why try to get close when you can kill people with a few shots from the battle rifle.The sniper rifles are great.

The Game modes are all the same join in and get shot by battle rifles. Let's take a look at swat. everyone chooses the BR beacuse they have no skill and want to win. Its not fun at all. Regicide is annoying. Getting shot by four people at a time while trying to get a kill is lame. The whole mechanic of that game type is broken. Slayer is ok... except trying to be COD is a bit lame. And you never get what you want in your supply drop. I did like Big team.

Let's talk about Lag. The game start sucking the when we get lagged. But, that's not as bad as when someone starts lagging and you waste all your ammo trying to kill someone that is all over the screen at once. And then he just happens to stop lagging in time to kill you with little to no damage at all. I get it sometimes I might have a bad connection. But, some of these people, I can only suspect are perposefully doing it.

Armor. I hate leveling up and seeing that I unlock new armor just to be disappointed when I learn that I have not met the requirements to wear it. Who ever came up with that idea should be fired. The old bait and switch is below you. How many RG-63 Counter leg armor variables do I need. If I didn't like the look of it painting it a different way is not going to persuade me to wear them.

So, in closing I would like to see changes to the weapons to make them more relavent in gameplay. Better map and Game type diversity. Lastly I ask why give us all the colorful options for our armor if you can only use it in a one or two game types.

- place weapon spawns on map

- dmr needs to lose effectiveness at long distance because it encourages some really terrible gameplay where opposing team just camps for kills from across the map. There is no fun in getting pummeled by a team of 5 or more all with super powerful and super accurate guns. Most of the time your forced to hide for cover because if you stick your head out you get destroyed in a split second by 5 people or more.

-remove instant respawn and increase respawn time! Current method only makes battles either one sided or stale mates where the game doesn't progress. One on one combat is rare now which was a big part of halo. When you're up against two people now a double kill is a dream since you 90% of the time stand no chance against two people with this overly powerful and accurate weapon. Get rid of it or make it a weapon to pick up once you bring back weapon spawning. Otherwise no one should spawn with this.

-bring back one sided bomb and ctf!!!

-redesign the over complicated menu UI. It's awful. No need for the huge play cards of a picture of someone's character! I want to see my stats. I want to see medals. I don't want to scroll past 15 tabs to get there. Go back to the types of menus used in all other halo games. Don't need to reinvent the wheel there.

- get rid of weapon drops and place them on the map!

- make grenades naturally stronger. The whole fun of halo was to be able to kill massive groups of people if you were good enough. I put in halo reach yesterday and in one game I was racking up double kills and triple kills. I think I have one double kill in halo 4 since I got it!! That is not a good thing. It's not engaging in this way. And along with grenade strength I blame the dmr here as well. Even with the grenade perk the grenades are still mostly useless.

-remove the awful waning icon that tells you when a grenade is about to hit you! What a horrible idea this was especially when they are already so weak. It's become too easy to avoid being grenaded.

-running should be limited period. Not a perk. You think you clear an area but within seconds the whole other team is right back there! That's horrible gameplay!

- brings me to...reconsider your perks. Things that make halo halo should not be a perk it should be naturally part of the character. Seems in some instances you were reaching to add more items to perks taking away from stuff that should be already part of the character. It's like making jump a perk! Why in the world can't I naturally pick up grenades from the guy i just killed???? That's natural!

-halo was always more of an arcade feel type of game. Pop in a coin run into battle kick some ass like Bruce lee by jumping all over and using everything at your disposal. Now it's become a pathetic game of camping. The reason I never played cod and won't. Please bring that kick ass feeling back!

-too many power weapons make vehicles utterly useless. I feel like everyone has a sniper or laser or something else that can just rape a vehicle. This has rendered vehicles mostly useless death traps. This wouldn't happen if weapons were placed in the map in set spots instead of these ridiculous drops. Within 1 minute the whole other team has snipers and lasers lol. It's horrible.

- add classic playlist with ctf and other original game types without all this perk nonsense period. I can almost guarantee it will be the most popular playlist in the game. And split that list into big team classic and regular objective classic.

• Like 3

I'm a recent starter to Halo MP and the first achievement I saw myself going for is Perfection (15-0, Game Complete). I never actually got it on Reach, but yesterday I went 19-0-4 in MM, and i'm yet to have a point registered in the perfection column in my commendations list. I understand that in early releases of games there are bound to be glitches here and there, I just wanna know if that's what it is, or if there are certain pre-requisites I need to meet. I have the game saved to HD and it's in my Waypoint match history, so I know it wasn't a dream, can I get an anwser to this heart-wrenching dilemma?

@Baloonloons -

stop nade-spamming. if you can't stop being a noob, get the grenade damage upgrade.

So using all my weapons in my arsenal to wipe out a team of 4 by myself to steal a flag makes me a noob? Ah ok I forgot halo is all about one gun otherwise dummies like you call you a noob lol. Why dont you learn to use all the weapons not just one from across the map. True skill is being able to wipe out a team by yourself using everything around you. Not peppering someone from 500 miles away.

• Like 2