The end of the Covenant

SpartanX22

So with the Covenant all but gone now, what is everyone feelings about them, did you miss them in Halo4 ( I know the storm covenant were in halo 4 but they were pathetic)

I for one am saddened they are gone they are by far one of the greatest villians out there in the gaming world, and I think its a shame that the whole struture of the covenant collased it would have been fun to at least have fought a smaller version of the covenant but with a new prophet incharge awk well

I think the rebellion has left them weakened, and with the Prophets' deluding influence removed, they are probably undergoing a lot of restructuring and internal change. I wouldn't be surprised if they become resurgent or a rival to humanity to "assume the mantle" that the Forerunners have held to date. It might even bring them back into conflict.

We have yet to see a true, full on invasion of Earth and a desperate resistance against them happen in any Halo game. It was teased in 2, and in 3 there is a much more prominent presence, but their incursions on Earth proper were mostly localized. I would love to see, after this trilogy ends perhaps, a resurgent and less friendly Covenant actually occupy Earth, and have a human resistance fighting against them led by MC.

• Like 1

The flood were annoying but such a great enemy, the new storm covenant are boring , they don't really have any reason to be there .

It would be good to see the covenant return however, this time humanity joins in order to defeat the returning forerunners. Would be cool to see. But overall I rate the covenant as humanities greatest adversary :)

• 5 months later...