To all people having problems with Halo 4.....

Fail Master

First of all, Welcome to 343 Industries COMMUNITY Forum.

Community forum means that we are not official. 343 staff do not read posts submited on here. so if you have any problems go to this site, here 343 will read your posts: http://www.halowaypoint.com/en-gb/

But before you do go, we do offer alot of help. Most of the problems have been 343's fault by not releasing an open Beta.

FAQ

Since the release of Halo 4 we have been asked alot of questions about rank resets. And in all honesty im a bit bored of writting the same thing over and over SO:

My Spartan Rank has reset! What do i do?:

Well first try signing out and back in. If that doesnt work (which it should) go to the dasboard and reload the game. And if the doesnt work then compleatly turn your xbox off, wait a minute then turn you xbox back on.

If that doesnt work then you have probally have been reset by 343 probally for boosting. therefor you will have to restart.

You may also be on a backup server, a sort of server that is not connected with everyone, only a maybe a few hundred people. When placed on to the real servers you rank may be reset, meaning you will have to start again.

Also you may have to RE-DOWNLOAD your account from xbox live, this will hopefully solve the problem.

My DLC from my limited edition isnt working ( it wont show up on my customisation menues):

As above, sign out and back in, dashboard or restart you xbox.

If all else fails, try to redeem the code for a second time, it may have just been that the download didnt finnish properly.

Lagg, lagg and more lagg!!!

Well, either you need to fix YOUR connection or you are unfortunatly being paired with laggy people. In which case play a different game-type or quit and restart matchmaking.

Servers are down, what do i do?

Hmmmmm sinple solution: play offline until the servers are back up :)

Re-downloading your profile may also help.

(more will be added when i reseive more in the shout box, or the same questions is asked more than once on this thread)

FAQ has been updated to include a new sub heading.

FAQ has been updated with an addition to two answers.

If you have anyother questions, post it on here first so that I (or other members that have had and overcome similar issuse) can answer it. Also please check previous posts to see if you question has already been answered. If your post doesnt get answered in 24 hours then ask in the shout box. PLEASE DON'T JUST JUMP ONTO THE SHOUT BOX FIRST.

Yours,

• Like 8

Hello Vi J a c k o Vi here I'm having problems with the spartan ops specifically episode 1 level 5. (the cauldron) Every time i press play it loads and then automatically takes me back to the title screen, its been doing since the game has came out. please help me out.

cheers

Hello Vi J a c k o Vi here I'm having problems with the spartan ops specifically episode 1 level 5. (the cauldron) Every time i press play it loads and then automatically takes me back to the title screen, its been doing since the game has came out. please help me out.

cheers

errrrmmmm well, for this issue i'd suggest trying to load the game with a friend who CAN load the game up and see if you can play with him.

The RG-63 Counter FRST armor, part of the forest armor set that Gamestop gave out, is glitched on my account. My brother has the same armor bonus and has no issues, and when a guest plays under my account ie: Metagrith(1) they can see the FRST camo skin on the armor, but when I try to put it on, my RG-63 Counter FRST and RG-63 Counter armor both use the default skin. All other parts of the armor skin work perfectly, just the legs are messed up.

Anyone know how to fix this? I've already wiped out my marketplace items and reset my cache on my xbox 360 to try to solve the problem,(This is what an Xbox Customer Support said to do) but I got nowhere with this.

Im trying to connect to Halo 4 server, but it comes up as server unavalible. Tried to reset router, tested connection, everything is fine, checked NAT. still same issue. is it because overloaded server or what?

its probally an issue at 343's end, sign out and back in and try again. Servers should never get full so that is very unlikely.

The RG-63 Counter FRST armor, part of the forest armor set that Gamestop gave out, is glitched on my account. My brother has the same armor bonus and has no issues, and when a guest plays under my account ie: Metagrith(1) they can see the FRST camo skin on the armor, but when I try to put it on, my RG-63 Counter FRST and RG-63 Counter armor both use the default skin. All other parts of the armor skin work perfectly, just the legs are messed up.

Anyone know how to fix this? I've already wiped out my marketplace items and reset my cache on my xbox 360 to try to solve the problem,(This is what an Xbox Customer Support said to do) but I got nowhere with this.

ermmmm i dont actually know, try reddeming the code again and see if that helps :)

My problem is that whenever i try to play the campaign it plays me the prologue and then sends me back to the start screen. When i go straight in to the first level it tells me 'player failed to load content'.

Also disc 2 won't install but i downloaded spartan ops and war games off xbox live but im wondering if thats the problem.

any ideas?

guessing it worked? lol

Well, didn't work, but I'm trying again. We'll see ;)

The code's already been used, I can redeem it again lol. I tried, but it didn't work.

Since there is a service alert on xbox side, try later to delete your profile ONLY, from HDD and redownload GT. if still fails, try to re'download the code via xbox.com website (download or purchase history and add to queue)

Hello! 343! I need help! I just completed halo 4 campaign on legendary with my friend Skull296000 online, and I didn't get the achievement for it but he did! It keeps saying I completed the last mission midnight on normal when I completed it on legendary, and so I redid the whole mission on legendary over again, and still no achievement if anyone has experienced this problem, please reply to this post. And my gamer tag on Xbox live is Emperor Comando. Please help...

My problem is that whenever i try to play the campaign it plays me the prologue and then sends me back to the start screen. When i go straight in to the first level it tells me 'player failed to load content'.

Also disc 2 won't install but i downloaded spartan ops and war games off xbox live but im wondering if thats the problem.

any ideas?

Probally because the second disk wont install. But i mannaged to play my campaign without intalling my disk..... what type you xbox do you have? (elite, slim, classic?

Hello! 343! I need help! I just completed halo 4 campaign on legendary with my friend Skull296000 online, and I didn't get the achievement for it but he did! It keeps saying I completed the last mission midnight on normal when I completed it on legendary, and so I redid the whole mission on legendary over again, and still no achievement if anyone has experienced this problem, please reply to this post. And my gamer tag on Xbox live is Emperor Comando. Please help...

2 ways that this may happen:

Skipping the final cut scene,

Not playing a mission through completly on legendary

So the only sollution is to look through and see which missions you need to play through on legendary, if that doesnt work then just re-do the last mission and watch through the whole final cutscene

Also we are not an official 343 site, so 343 Industries wont read your posts. But we (the community) can answer your questions to the best of their abilities

Account locked at sr-1 in roster and cant connect to anyone or play multiplayer.Already reset my router and made my nat type open,Reinstalled both discs and still no dice.Hopefully someone has an answer cause its been locked for about 9 hours now >=/

You may be on a backup server (basicly like a server that hold people untill other servers are opened) the only solution is pacients. If you are not on the proper servers by, say, the end of the week something else is wrong. I cant help any further than that unfortunatly.

I'm a recent starter to Halo MP and the first achievement I saw myself going for is Perfection (15-0, Game Complete). I never actually got it on Reach, but yesterday I went 19-0-4 in MM, and i'm yet to have a point registered in the perfection column in my commendations list. I understand that in early releases of games there are bound to be glitches here and there, I just wanna know if that's what it is, or if there are certain pre-requisites I need to meet. I have the game saved to HD and it's in my Waypoint match history, so I know it wasn't a dream, can I get an anwser to this heart-wrenching dilemma?

I'm a recent starter to Halo MP and the first achievement I saw myself going for is Perfection (15-0, Game Complete). I never actually got it on Reach, but yesterday I went 19-0-4 in MM, and i'm yet to have a point registered in the perfection column in my commendations list. I understand that in early releases of games there are bound to be glitches here and there, I just wanna know if that's what it is, or if there are certain pre-requisites I need to meet. I have the game saved to HD and it's in my Waypoint match history, so I know it wasn't a dream, can I get an anwser to this heart-wrenching dilemma?

if the game had a major lag issue (ie you blackscreened for a minute) then that classes as a death, thats the only reason i could think of for a perfection not counting.

343i im getting pretty pissed at your game, there have been no end to problems since i started playing the day of release.

i can deal with the fact my LE codes didnt work, im sure i'll be able to unlock all the stuff sooner or later, apart from Chief's armour which i cant seem to unlock even though i've beaten the game on legendary solo.... TWICE just to make sure

i can deal with the horrible lag and the fact the servers go down every second day although my housemate has no problems, even though we're running on adsl 2+ at 150mbps on a good day 50mbps on a bad one

it kinda ****s me about all the team killing that goes on but thats not ur fault, although u could have stopped team members from doing damage to each other

but for **** sake, im lvl 51 but cant use any of my gear because it seems to think im still lvl 1 whenever i try to start a matchmaking game!

dont get me wrong, i think u guys made a friggin awesome game and im glad bungie no longer has anything to do with it (those guys are ********) but u need to pull ur finger out

ive stopped playing games for less and if i wasnt such a massive halo fan i probably would have snapped the disc already

i know its still early days but seriously, i would have expected thing to run a bit smoother considering its ur first game

sorry if it sounds harsh, just being honest

untill u sort ur **** out im going to play COD

Sincerely

The Unluckiest Guy On Earth

• Like 1