Will Halo 3 be removed from Xbox Live once Halo 4 Launches?

Konshens

Not until the next xbox comes out and most people transfer to it. Thats why H2 went down, because they shutdown ALL original xbox servers. There are actually binding contracts that state game servers cannot be taken down individually. Thats why any 360 game you go back too will still have its servers up.

Otherwise, H3 would have been taken down a long time ago due to the expenses of maintaining servers. Even with how popular it still is.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Why do people keep insisting that Halo 3 is on the Reach servers? Their are no dedicated game servers for Reach. The servers for Reach are simply to be thought of as HUBS, as Reach passess game hosting off to clients in the match. The Reach servers are basically there for authentication and statistic collection only.

Secondly, Halo 3 has it's own set of servers. i thought I had explained all this in very deep detail, how it all works and what the setup is like. I'm too lazy right now to find the exact marathon post I put up, but if someone would be kind enough to find it and link here, that would be great. i really dont have the energy right now to get into this topic again atm.

Why do people keep insisting that Halo 3 is on the Reach servers? Their are no dedicated game servers for Reach. The servers for Reach are simply to be thought of as HUBS, as Reach passess game hosting off to clients in the match. The Reach servers are basically there for authentication and statistic collection only.

Secondly, Halo 3 has it's own set of servers. i thought I had explained all this in very deep detail, how it all works and what the setup is like. I'm too lazy right now to find the exact marathon post I put up, but if someone would be kind enough to find it and link here, that would be great. i really dont have the energy right now to get into this topic again atm.

I don't get to be so lazy. Here is the reason, per Twinreaper, that Halo 3's life span has limitations. LINK

Tbh, i see when halo 4 coming out h3 going down, and possibly,...Reach going down too since everyone will move to halo 4, and since apparently everyone says how much they hate reach, they will go to h4?

Tbh, i see everyone saying "Omg you should of made it more like halo reach", cause, that's how contradictive the halo community can be.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I highly doubt they'd get rid of Halo 3 multiplayer, it was a different story with Halo 2 since Halo 3 was pretty much Halo 2 except Halo 3 was better. That's my view on it anyway, sure people may have loved Halo 2 more but the mutliplayer would have been pretty dead. Halo 3 was and still is one of the best games ever made, Halo Reach was awesome aswell but they both go in different directions with both Multiplayer and Campaign. Personally, I'd give Halo 3 another 3-4 years maybe before the server gets shut down but maybe they won't bother for another 10, who knows it's anyones guess.