Is Master Chief a forerunner?

Jersey Jackhawk

After watching the legendary ending of halo 4 and seeing the top half of Chiefs face, I have drawn up the hypothesis that Chief might well of become a forerunner.

Although this is just a my theory, could the librarian have altered his DNA to that of a forerunner?

Evidence to support this hypothesis;

1) when the librarian returns Chief, Cortana says his bio reading are of the charts.

2) when comparing Chiefs face viewed in the legendary ending to the librarians you see he has a similar nose structure.

3) following the 2nd point if you see the normal human nose it has a distinct bridge, Chief doesn't appear to have one.

If anyone has any points they would like to add please feel free and I will listen.

• Like 3

1. His bio signs were off because the Librarian had just flipped on a bunch of dormant DNA for him to fight the Didac with. With out it, he would have been blown away pretty early on. My understanding of this was, this was something that was hidden in humanity, just not turned on yet.

2. Looks human to me. As pale as his skin would be being in a suit all the time, its hard to make out what it would look like.

3. He has a bridge, it's clearly visable.

• Like 3

After watching the legendary ending of halo 4 and seeing the top half of Chiefs face, I have drawn up the hypothesis that Chief might well of become a forerunner.

Although this is just a my theory, could the librarian have altered his DNA to that of a forerunner?

Evidence to support this hypothesis;

1) when the librarian returns Chief, Cortana says his bio reading are of the charts.

2) when comparing Chiefs face viewed in the legendary ending to the librarians you see he has a similar nose structure.

3) following the 2nd point if you see the normal human nose it has a distinct bridge, Chief doesn't appear to have one.

If anyone has any points they would like to add please feel free and I will listen.

1. She was talking about Gaeas. She basically put the Genes of the Didact in him when he was born, and they were dormant. Thats what she was activating. And it's supported by the fact that Chief can hear the Didact speaking in his mind only after the Librarians activates those genes.

2 and 3. The chief is obviously human, we've read descriptions of his face and you can clearly see a human nose, this "evidence" is just wrong.

• Like 2

This theroy is been backed up with some good points from what the forerunner books stat its possible eg. The didac turned another forrunner into him some possible Liberian add forrunner DNA into him to help him but she could of just edited him like she did the other humans ather the human forrunner war so back to the point it's possible chief had forrunner DNA attached to his DNA.

• Like 1

Everything in the Halo lore indicates that humans, not just 117, are descendant beings of the Forerunners; as such, ARE Forerunners. Understand that, before they fired off the Halos to delay the Flood's growth, they made a copy of every [intelligent] species; and [after the Halo event they] had them sent off to different planets [original home planets of each species?]. It obviously implies that they themselves are included in the 'repopulation' phase after the Halo event; which lead to the birth of Humans.

Now, Halo 4 throws in a new curveball: the Didact. He is also Forerunner, but he didn't seem go through the digitization/repopulation as the other species did; instead he chilled on the shield world Requiem [which is technically located in Slipspace, not the physical space; Slipspace seems to be unaffected by the Halo event.] for 100,000 years, possibly more. I do not know when he was 'corrupted'. I am also unaware of what caused his physical body to change. But I will tell you one thing: I want a better fight with him. That was way too bloody short. I expected a better Boss Fight scenario.

-----

Edit:

I am reconsidering the above pointers after reading this: http://halo.wikia.com/wiki/Human-Forerunner_war

• Like 1

Humans were not descendants if forerunners. Both us and the forerunners were created by an even greater species called the precursors, and humans had a war with Forerunenrs thousands of years before the firing of the halo rings, therefore ending the theory that they e the same species. They are genetic cousins if anything

• Like 2

Everything in the Halo lore indicates that humans, not just 117, are descendant beings of the Forerunners; as such, ARE Forerunners. Understand that, before they fired off the Halos to delay the Flood's growth, they made a copy of every [intelligent] species; and [after the Halo event they] had them sent off to different planets [original home planets of each species?]. It obviously implies that they themselves are included in the 'repopulation' phase after the Halo event; which lead to the birth of Humans.

Now, Halo 4 throws in a new curveball: the Didact. He is also Forerunner, but he didn't seem go through the digitization/repopulation as the other species did; instead he chilled on the shield world Requiem [which is technically located in Slipspace, not the physical space; Slipspace seems to be unaffected by the Halo event.] for 100,000 years, possibly more. I do not know when he was 'corrupted'. I am also unaware of what caused his physical body to change. But I will tell you one thing: I want a better fight with him. That was way too bloody short. I expected a better Boss Fight scenario.

-----

Edit:

I am reconsidering the above pointers after reading this: http://halo.wikia.co...-Forerunner_war

-----

Edit:

The Halo Encyclopedia has confirmed that Forerunners were deeply fascinated by humanity and felt that humans were meant to carry on their legacy as custodians of the galaxy. They also felt that they could learn a lot about themselves and their own existence through the intense study of humans.[5] Halo Legends episode "Origins", depicts the Forerunners being of almost exact human form and shape, though their facial features are kept hidden through the episode. Whether this shows a biological connection between Forerunners and humans, is still uncertain.

Another theory (one supported by the Halo 3 Terminals) is that the humans became the inheritors of the Forerunner empire and technology because the Forerunners passed the Mantle of Guardianship down to humanity, as it was passed to them, presumably from the Precursors, and that the Forerunners re-encoded certain aspects of their technology (e.g. the Index) to only respond to human DNA.

During the events in Halo: Contact Harvest, Covenant religious vehicles traveled the edge of Covenant-controlled space and discovered a planet that was covered with Forerunner "Reclamation" glyphs, who were actually the humans. A Brute Chieftain known as Maccabeus (uncle of Tartarus) landed on the planet and was, at first, passive towards the humans. He claimed the planet in the name of the Covenant due to the presence of a large number of Forerunner relics (which in fact were humans) and an Oracle. It wasn't until a shot rang out did things turn bloody. Later, a report of the planet's glyphs was sent to the Vice Minister of Tranquility. He took the information to the Minister of Fortitude and they went to see the Oracle (the Forerunner A.I., 05-032 Mendicant Bias, in the Dreadnought). Upon activation of the Oracle, the A.I. exclaimed, "FOR EONS I HAVE WATCHED. LISTENED TO YOU MISINTERPRET. THIS IS NOT RECLAMATION. THIS IS RECLAIMER." After those words, the glyphs in the report were shown and they began to transform shape until a crude image of a human appeared. The Oracle adds, "AND THOSE IT REPRESENTS ARE MY MAKERS. I WILL REJECT MY BIAS AND WILL MAKE AMENDS. MY MAKERS ARE MY MASTERS. I WILL BRING THEM SAFELY TO THE ARK." After that, the power conduits aboard the Dreadnought short circuit as several frying, dead Lekgolo worms fall out of the spaces. The Dreadnought powers down. Truth, believing that the humans were actually Forerunner (rather than being related), believed this information could destroy the foundation of the Covenant and, with it, his power. Upon being promoted (through blackmail) to High Prophet, he used his power to set out a massive religious genocide against the humans.[6]

http://halo.wikia.com/wiki/Human

-----

Edit:

I am reconsidering the above pointers after reading this: http://halo.wikia.co...-Forerunner_war

-----

Edit:

[/sup]

http://halo.wikia.com/wiki/Human

Exactly, so we aren't direct descendants, but related

So do you agree that it's possible that chief could have had forerunner DNA added into him

?

Yeah, I'm positive he does because the Lbrarian basically said she controlled fate and destiny so things woukd turn out the way they did(explaining his luckiness) and that she gave him a "genetic enhancement" thousands of years ago. F you read the books, you know what a Gaea is, and its the memory and DNA of a forerunner(or human) in your genes. In the book Primordium, a character Chakas had the DNA of an ancient human admiral, and he would hear the admiral talk to him. Sound familiar? That's exactly what happens with John and the Didact in the game, so I'm sure that was 343 hinting at Chief having the DNA of the Didact.

Master Chief was not given Forerunner DNA, his human DNA evolution was sped up.

The Librarian said that she hid seeds of growth in humanity and that both Chief and Cortana, even Chiefs MJOLNIR armor.

I think that the easiest was of putting it is that he is more evolved than any other human in the galaxy.

• Like 1

This is my opinion. The Librarian also said that they hid seeds from the Didact. I think Master Chief was one of those seeds. He grew up not knowing what he was. He thought he was just a human. The Librarian probably helped him to realize just what he was when she "mutated" him. So basically I think that Master Chief was always a Forerunner but never realized it, or he did end up figuring it out and just never told anyone. Either way, I'm still 100% sure that he, is in fact, a Forerunner.

From reading the first forerunner book I have my own, similar, theory.

Not that M.C was always a forerunner, but rather the librarian has performed a sort of brevet mutation to M.C.

When Bornstellar performs a brevet mutation with the didact in the book he can hear the didacts thoughts afterwards. We see M.C hearing the didacts thoughts without Cortana hearing them.

Also i agree the legendary ending face looks interesting. I feel the nose looks flatter than a regular human, similar to the didact and the librarian. Also His eyes have very dark patches under them which can be seen on the librarian. (Of course this just could be due to the fact that he has had the helmet on for over 4 years)

Anyways, in the books, (from what i know, or believe i know) the original didact is killed. and bornstellar eventually becomes the replacement didact, because he has the genes of the orignal, including his memories.

It would be interesting to see where 343i takes this, possibly having master cheif slowly become the didact.

Everything I've said could be wrong, and I welcome anyone who has facts disproving what i wrote.

Lets just get this straight. Master Chief is a human. If he was a forerunner he would appear as one and that would be noticeable. You cant be a forerunner and not notice it because humanity and forerunners are two completely different species. And the legendary ending clearly shows a human face. Ok? And I don't think the Librarian preformed a brevet mutation on him because Bornstellar eventually became the Didact in his entirety. John is still John, and the only change is him being able to hear the Didact speaking to him in his mind, which is exactly what a Gaea is. And the Gaea theory is supported what the Librarian says about the "seeds". The most reasonable solution to this are Gaeas.

• Like 1

The picture at the end just looks like an old man. If you look at the picture on the wiki then it is clear that he has a normal nose, just look at the shading.

And I think the Librarian just sped up his evolution, like Spartan-16 said. So he could be what humans will be like 10,000-100,000 years from the events of Halo 4.

• Like 1

Do the forerunner even have the technology to actually completely change an organism's DNA structure, and then keep the being stable? Advancing a single organism's evolution seems reasonable, but completely changing one species to another seems far'fetched even for the forerunners. I don't even think the Precursors did this, but the complete lack of knowledge of them doesn't help in this case.

I think the Master Chief is no longer human (as we understand it). I am not sure if anyone mentioned this before...

1. The Librarian biologically modified the Master Chief.

2. The composer was used to burn up all the humans at the station.

3. It looked like the Master Chief was killed...

I think the Composer burned up all of "the human" in him.

Those that believe the unmasked face is normal human are missing an important cue, the music cuts off and a sound effect plays to enhance the viewers gasp.