DMR/BR/LR/Carbine Complaining

KinetiKz

The DMR is the only balanced gun in the game in terms of an "Assault Rifle" category'd gun. The Light Rifle, DMR, and Battle Rifle are your 3 weapons of choice that should every be considered. The Light Rifle takes more shots when not scoped in, less when scoped in; get rid of it. The Battle Rifle is more overpowered than the DMR, and here is why:

Although they take the same amount of shots, with and without scope, they are not the same.

(I realize that the BR is supposed to be better at a short range, and the DMR is supposed to be better at a long range -- which weapon you use for THIS reason should vary on the map, the gametype, and your playstyle I suppose...)

But...Here's why...

Let's say there are 2 players going into a 1v1 BR/DMR fight. Player 1 is your average Halo player n00b, where as Player 2 is a professional Halo player that is not such a rookie. Both players are using the DMR with standard settings, everything is normal. Player 1 and Player 2 both hit eachother 4 times apiece. Each player is now 1 shot away (in the head) from dying. Player 2, being more skilled, hits the 5th shot in the head, whereas Player 1 hit Player 2 in the shoulder.

^^^In this situation, Player 2 is awarded the kill, as he should be, for having more "skill", and walks away a "weakened-1shot".

In the other way around, Player 1 and Player 2 are both using a Battle Rifle. Both players have again hit eachother in the body 4 times, remaining a headshot away from being awarded a kill. On the 5th shot, Player 2 again hits Player 1 in the head; however, this time, Player 1 has (with his 3 bullets, since battle rifle's shoot 3 bullets in comparison to the DMR's 1) has hit Player 2 in the shoulder, the neck, and the shoulder. In this situation, both players are awarded a kill, and a trade occurs.

^^^In this situation, Player 2 and Player 1 are both awarded a kill, but it is not based off of "skill".

I know there is not near as much "spray, spread, swiping", whatever you would like to call it, as there was in Halo 3, but nonetheless, there is still a "spread".

I realize that none of these guns will be changed in anyway, and I realize also that it's all there for fun and will remain constant, so people's discussions and complaints are irrelevant, but I figured I would throw these facts out there for those who seem to be upset about these DMR/BR/LR discussions.

All in all, don't use the Light Rifle, if you're playing a close range map with lots of hallways, use the BR, otherwise use the DMR.

Over all, if you can scope in 24/7 [which you shouldn't be able to], use the LR; but the BR is still the best "Assault Rifle" type gun in the game, for the reasons stated above; unfortunately.

<3

p.s. ...the Carbine doesn't count in this discussion. see other posts for details.

• Like 1

That's the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard, the DMR is so OP. You don't even have to aim with it, plus I've been killed through walls, not to mention the fire rate is slightly faster than the BR. Unless the person shooting the DMR is absolutely terrible, then good luck out BR'ing them. The only way they can even come close to balancing them out would be to increase the bloom just little bit. As a matter of fact, the full bloom of the reach DMR would be perfect.

• Like 1

That's the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard, the DMR is so OP. You don't even have to aim with it, plus I've been killed through walls, not to mention the fire rate is slightly faster than the BR. Unless the person shooting the DMR is absolutely terrible, then good luck out BR'ing them. The only way they can even come close to balancing them out would be to increase the bloom just little bit. As a matter of fact, the full bloom of the reach DMR would be perfect.

If you're watching kill cams, they're broken at the moment. Being shot through walls has nothing to do with the gun, it has to do with the host/connection. The fire rate I've been told is faster for the BR and is faster for the DMR, so proof me please. If you don't miss a shot with the BR, or even if you do a little, you should win your fight. The DMR has some bloom, so even if you dont miss, you still could miss...the BR has 3 bullets, so even if you miss, you can still hit. ...weird huh

• Like 1

I also have serious recommendations from a guy who played halo since halo 1 !

1. Add more weapons on the map (At least regulars spawn , like the vehicules)

2. INCREASE the decay time for dropped weapons ! (WAY too low)

3. Enable friendly fire ! (Betrayers now destroy or disable your vehicules and we cannot do anything for it)

4. I had some issues with joining friends over xbox live

Verdict : Great game , but you changed too many classic stuff. Campaign great , loved the changes made to it though. Spartan ops is a great addition to the game. The only thing is war games , wich have become too diferent from the original multiplayer. 8/10

Thanks for reading.

The DMR is the only balanced gun in the game in terms of an "Assault Rifle" category'd gun. The Light Rifle, DMR, and Battle Rifle are your 3 weapons of choice that should every be considered. The Light Rifle takes more shots when not scoped in, less when scoped in; get rid of it. The Battle Rifle is more overpowered than the DMR, and here is why:

Although they take the same amount of shots, with and without scope, they are not the same.

(I realize that the BR is supposed to be better at a short range, and the DMR is supposed to be better at a long range -- which weapon you use for THIS reason should vary on the map, the gametype, and your playstyle I suppose...)

But...Here's why...

Let's say there are 2 players going into a 1v1 BR/DMR fight. Player 1 is your average Halo player n00b, where as Player 2 is a professional Halo player that is not such a rookie. Both players are using the DMR with standard settings, everything is normal. Player 1 and Player 2 both hit eachother 4 times apiece. Each player is now 1 shot away (in the head) from dying. Player 2, being more skilled, hits the 5th shot in the head, whereas Player 1 hit Player 2 in the shoulder.

^^^In this situation, Player 2 is awarded the kill, as he should be, for having more "skill", and walks away a "weakened-1shot".

In the other way around, Player 1 and Player 2 are both using a Battle Rifle. Both players have again hit eachother in the body 4 times, remaining a headshot away from being awarded a kill. On the 5th shot, Player 2 again hits Player 1 in the head; however, this time, Player 1 has (with his 3 bullets, since battle rifle's shoot 3 bullets in comparison to the DMR's 1) has hit Player 2 in the shoulder, the neck, and the shoulder. In this situation, both players are awarded a kill, and a trade occurs.

^^^In this situation, Player 2 and Player 1 are both awarded a kill, but it is not based off of "skill".

I know there is not near as much "spray, spread, swiping", whatever you would like to call it, as there was in Halo 3, but nonetheless, there is still a "spread".

I realize that none of these guns will be changed in anyway, and I realize also that it's all there for fun and will remain constant, so people's discussions and complaints are irrelevant, but I figured I would throw these facts out there for those who seem to be upset about these DMR/BR/LR discussions.

All in all, don't use the Light Rifle, if you're playing a close range map with lots of hallways, use the BR, otherwise use the DMR.

Over all, if you can scope in 24/7 [which you shouldn't be able to], use the LR; but the BR is still the best "Assault Rifle" type gun in the game, for the reasons stated above; unfortunately.

<3

p.s. ...the Carbine doesn't count in this discussion. see other posts for details.

Your Player 1/2 scenarios don't make sense because people are complaining that having the DMR being a spawn weapon is OP because its immense power renders the use of any other starting weapon useless. The true scenario of whats going on is more like Player 1 has a DMR and Player 2 has overshields and a BR. Player 1 Killed Player 2. Doesn't matter close up or cross map. Doesn't even matter if Player 2 shoots first. The DMR should have been left in Reach. The Halo franchise is now dead to me. Thanks 343i

• 2 weeks later...