forge world in halo 4?

Tyfox1106

forge world in halo 4?  

150 members have voted

1. 1. should they make a map like forge world (large forging map from halo reach) in halo 4?

All they need to do is take off boundarys or just put a lot more room. imagine playing on the islands in ravine that would be sick they should make an update letting you go that far. or mabye even on erosion to go behind the building closer to the acid pool and above the ground where the holes are at and mabye to go behing the pillars. But you also have to think that forge world use pushing it for bungie when making reach. Halo 4 has soo much stuff in it its like 8 GB. but for a map pack it might be possible but theres no point halo 5 forge is going to be way better

Okay, I made a thread about this already and I will say it again. The reason forge world is not in Halo 4 and probably won't be for a long time if ever is because it takes alot of resources. Bungie even said that they were pushing their boundaries with the forge world in Halo Reach and they just barely were able to put into the final game. So is Bungie could barely do that then don't expect 343i to do it too as I don't expect them too and I don't think they will. If they could add that, they may consider it, but I don't think they can.

I don't understand this. No one realizes that Forgeworld is IMPOSSIBLE with the Halo 4 graphics. They've already pushed the hardware to its limits to get the graphis we have now. This is the same reason that the maps are "small". Anything bigger with those graphics and your Xbox would insta-crash everytime you tried to load up the maps. Sure, the maps' natural terrain may not be quite as user friendly as Forgeworld, but you can still work with it. You just need to be a little more creative and explore the maps a bit.

• Like 2

Xbox 720 is comming out and i think is 4x faster than the xbox 360 so forge world might be possible for halo 5 but definitely no halo 4. Please add death island from halo CE pc that as a forge world world or map woulds be great

• Like 1

Guest ducain23

I think people are such hypocrites... Back in Reach, people always complained about Forge World and wished they would have smaller maps with different environments... now with Halo 4, they have that and people are now complaining and wanting Forge World back.

I wish we did have another Forge World (with different environments), but we don't... so stop complaining and learn to forge on these new maps. People say that they are too small to build anything on, but you could actually build most anything that was in Reach in one of these 3 maps (not gametype... just the map itself). Yes, there are some problems with Halo 4's Forge, but overall it is way better. I know people complain about no precision editing, but there is actually a really easy way to do it in Halo 4.

A lot of people forget everything Halo 4 has brought to the forging community (magnets, trait zones, grave zones, dominion pieces, forge map specific pieces, lighting, awesome environments, etc). Halo 4 is a new game and requires people to learn new ways of Forging. There are already some really amazing custom maps out there that were in Reach and some that even couldn't be built in Reach. So, please to not say that the Forge sucks in Halo 4 or that we can't build any good custom maps because it has already been done. Also, it took a while for great maps that really utilized Reach's Forge to be made, so give Halo 4 a chance to show how great its Forge is.

And about Gametypes, yes I know they left out a lot! But remember they are coming out with new gametypes every single week and I believe when they have fixed most of the major problems with the game (like the fileshare system), then they will start putting in old gametypes like Infection and Race. Also, just give them some time... it is not like they can just magically add things or fix things within a week. It takes a while to do certain things from a developers standpoint.

Also guys, remember that Halo 4 is pretty much pushing the boundries of the Xbox 360 and I really don't think the 360 could handle a map the size of Forge World in Halo 4. So we will just have to wait till the new Xbox comes out with all its power and see what Halo 5 has in store for us :laughing:

All in all guys, just be patient and enjoy Halo 4 since it is a great game overall. It is ok to say you want things, but I do not think it is ok to bash 343 Industries or hate Halo 4 for some minor problems or you wanting something that isn't in the game.

With Love,

-ducain23 :heart:

• Like 5

Thank you Ducain. What you said about giving it some time before great maps get out there is SO true (I'm sure you know better than most XD). Some good maps are gonna get out there to the community very soon, I can feel it. Especially considering the best maps out there right now are gonna be making it into the new Forge Test Playlist.

I support this as well!

Impact is a nice space-based one, but we need something on the ground.

Something like Foundary or (that sand-based one, Sandbox, Sandtrap, or something) from Halo 3, or the actual Forge World from Reach, with all sorts of different structures available!

Honestly, sometimes 100 structure pieces just aren't enough! :P

The people who try to understand will understand why there is no forge world. Thank you Squally and Ducain for helping others look past an empty wish. It's just not capable of being done. We have huge environments You can make a big team map on every map with creativity and skills. It's not the game but the forger in almost every complaint that I hear about the forging being done wrong.

Yes and no. I would like large, flat forging space (larger than Ravine's and Erosion's) but a Forge World definitely won't do considering how laggy some forge maps are in the first place on this game. A large complex map like Forge World structure will kill your framerate, sadly. I'd be a lot more happy if the sea on Ravine wasn't blocked off and the open areas behind Impact and the open space over the acid pool on Erosion weren't blocked off for no reason.

It would definitely be neat if they could add forge world on Halo 4. True, we have multiple maps to choose from, but they will never have the space that forge world had. True, the moon base is pretty cool... but it would be cooler to have more land to work with.

I find the concern very interesting myself. I share the same thoughts with all of you, yes they should make a forge world map, no they should not, or maybe so I don't care what they do. The point is yes I think they should make one because it is interesting to see how all the other maps 343 has made do have large areas for you to forge in, it's just that they're nothing compared to Halo 4's forge world. But I also say no for the reason that all of the maps 343 made do have 3-4 nice big spaces for you to create your own work. So this is one of those questions where you would have to choose a side. As I look at it, my final answer is yes.

I think they should create a forge world but they should put more natural building blocks and natural objects you can place out in forge mode. And I think the map should be a mandatory update to all Active and recent Halo 4 players. Reason for that it would be free and easy to get everyone to have it. :gsd:

Im not sure about yall but just lacks that feeling that i got when i did/still play halo 3. im not sure if its the maps or gameplay but halo 4 doesnt fee like a halo game to me

anyway, with that off my chest, its a bummer they did not put a human flying vehicle while the banshee is still here. what 343i needs to do is add a more variety of maps. its just that every map feels/looks the same to me.

Exactly.

I didn't get Halo 4 because of the multiplayer or the campaign - I got it for the custom games. Mini games, indiana jones, underwater maps..all not possible in Halo 4. Or at least not to the full potential as they were in Halo:Reach.

How can we convince 343 that the new forge maps suck? We keep posting threads about it. I'll be making one later today, just to keep the flow going.

YOUR ICON IS TIM MCILRATH AND SO I LIKE THIS COMMENT, EVEN THOUGH I HAVEN'T READ IT YET!