Halo 4 Legendary Ending is an Insult Rather Than a Reward

TunnelRat

Exactly.

Besides, all you saw were his eyes. I'm assuming that the fact that the Chief has eyes isn't exactly a groundbreaking topic for anyone...

Looking in to his eyes does say one thing to me. He. Is. Pissed.

This is a new company, a new beginning. Ground has to be broken somewhere, and 343 is taking Halo places some Bungie's Halo players are not going to like at all. The story has to keep expanding to keep the player interested, and not just by adding new conflicts and new characters. Showing his face is just one of these ground breaking events.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I found showing Master Chiefs face was legit.

It shows us that the person we fight as Is not machine but,

only a person like us.

Consider, you call this spoiling the game It Is only making It better

and showing the real character of Master Chief.

• 8 months later...

The Chief was around for a long time, so the wrinkles and old skin you see are to be expected, he is old. He was born before the covenant were a threat if I remember correctly. Besides it doesn't give much away. For all we know the Chief has a mustache and buck teeth. They gave us enough to picture the Chief better and realize more about who he is, while still giving us room for our own thoughts of what he should look like. 

sorry to do this again but I hate guys that make the Chief the armor and not the man in the armor. at a point in all 4 games (spin offs not included) you think "who is actualy the machine John or Cortana ,which as more humanity him or her?" in the frist three games the answer is Cortana because she cares the most about the lives they sacrifice, but in Halo 4 you actualy get the feeling John is more than a soldier that he cares for his team and Cortana. if you notice he wheres Cortanas DATA chip as his dog tags. now to the real qestion who is the Master Chief in side how does he feel about Cortana's pasing and Halsey turning her back on the UNSC, and one last thing the people need to see him as HUMAN and NOT A MACHINE. now a little some thing 343 should take note on WHAT ABOUT THE OTHER SPARTAN TWOs WHATS HAPPENING TO THEM, WILL THEY MEET THE CHIEF? 

------------------------------------------------------SPOILER ALERT-----------------------------------------------------

THE SURVIVINS SPARTAN-IIs  

JOHN-117

LINDA-058

FRED-104 

KELLY-087

WILLIAM-043

NAOMI-010

SERIN OSMAN ("REBULIT" BY ONI AND BECOMES LEADER OF ONI IN HALO 4

ANDIANA-111

JAI-006

MIKE-UNKOWN SERIAL NUMBER

THAT LEAVES US WITH 8 UNTOLD STORIES IF YOU DONT READ THE BOOKS

NOW 343 EXPLAIN WHY THESE SPARTAN-IIs ARE NEVER ACKOWLEGED IN ANY GAME WHEN JOHN GOES AND GETS THE IN THE MIDDLE OF HALO 2?

People wanted to see it and 343i gave the best of both worlds. Shown those people what he looks like by showing gamers his eyes and only showing his eyes to those gamers that don't want to fully know what John looks like. Honestly, I can see why people would complain but you can't satisfy everyone. People should be happy that there even is a Halo 4.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Yes it is a big deal. Chief's face has always been a big deal. There are a significant amount of people who don't want to see it for various reasons. If this is only Halo 4, and we still have 5 and 6 to go what does that mean for Chief's identity? It's only the first game and we've already seen so much of Chief between the trailers and not this abomination of a legendary ending.

It seems developers are in a competition to see who can **** off their fans the most. First ME3, then AC3 and now Halo 4.

Eh...

Looks like we've got a troll here.

Troll thread.

ban imo

When did seeing a glimpse of someones face become the end of the world? It's not like it ended Halo or anything. In the books we are told what Master Chief looks like, if you ask me seeing just a glimpse of his face was actually kind of cool. Seeing him without armor might come as a bit of a surprise, but I honestly don't think you needed to take time out of your day to make this ridiclious topic.

*********SPOILER ALERT*******************

As you may know, Halo 4's ending was a glimpse of Master Chief's face. Now why would 343i put something so hotly debated into the game.

Most people I talk to don't ever want to see his face, I certainly don't. You can't put a face to him because no matter what it will be disappointing. The mystery of Master Chief is what made him such an iconic character. For the past 11 years, we've known his face to be his helmet and nothing more. To show his face is like changing his appearance in a way.

Seeing his face is like reading a good book and having a great image of a character only for it to be ruined by the movie.

Seeing as many people never want to see his face, the fact that 343i put his face in the legendary ending is an insult. There is no warning, it was just like BAM here's his face whether you like it or not.

I am extremely bothered by this and the fact that 343i has already shown this much in ONLY their first game is even more bothering. Next thing you know Halo 5 will open up with Master Chief in normal cloths with no suit on in the first cutscene. Stop showing him. I know him as a man in a suit and that's all I ever want to know him as...A badass man in a suit who I have no idea what he looks like.

Master Chief is coming to grips with his Humanity. He is beginning to become more then just a mechanical killing machine, and 343 showing his upper face gives a sense or a sign that he's shedding his outer layer, and letting his Humanity bleed through.

Now I get that everyone has that immersion when playing with the Hero without a face, but it's been 10+ years now. I think by now a Hero such as Master Chief deserves to have a face.

By legendary ending standards, the extra second of video was not worth the challenge of beating the game at that difficulty alone. Personally, I think they should keep the Chief's face secret. To Bungie, his humanity was never a flaw in his character, and now giving the Chief a troubled human element definately changes the feel of the game's story. Not necessarily a bad thing, but certainly rehashed from other titles.  KEEP THAT FACE HIDDEN!!!

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

First of all, I think it ain't matter if you played 10minutes or 10 years of the game, from the moment you fall in love with it, then consider yourself a fan.

And about the "face problem", I think people are trying to say something like, everybody has their own master chief in their hearts, different ways of smart and bravery, 117 is a different hero for everyone who loved this series, because of this, it somewhat affects how a master chief should look like in players hearts, like you wouldn't want to portrayed master chief as Indian or Asian or black or even a Caucasian, from the modelling wise, it won't fit no matter how you put it, from this point I can just say from past 9years of play, I got a pretty good icon deep down my heart that tell me exactly how master chief is looks like, and now halo4, at the end I felt a bit stranger kinda feeling, "is this 117? What happened to the chief?" These sorta feelings.

Master chief, he can reflect ourselves, if so, how can you put somebody else's face to him and without being awkward and complains? I don't care if he is in his world is fat old y'all short white black or Asian, as long as I don't know it, as long as he is my master chief, I don't care all that.

Halo famous for masked chief, it will stay famous because of the masked chief