Halo 4 Legendary Ending is an Insult Rather Than a Reward

TunnelRat

When did seeing his face become a bad thing and don't speak for me. I don't care if they show it or not, either way helmet or face it is nothing more than a superficial aspect of the character. Neither his face nor his helmet define who he is. Just like your face does not define who you are. You might as well complain about seeing his hand or his feet which have never been show either. It's the characters actions and motivation, his choices and mistakes that will define him, not a friggin helmet.

It was a promise Bungie made to not show face...

What if you were black?

Emile-A239 (Black) and Avery Junior Johnson (Black) were both really cool characters.

Or Asian! Or Native American? Or any other race? How would you feel like master chief? He's grizzled and white? Lol.

albino [insert race here]. If it make you feel better.

Overall a lot of the characters in the Halo universe are definitely mix race but this shows that people still have a problem with race in today's world, if they get all disappointed because masterchief turned out to be white.

Games came before books so all the bookworms can cram it. (Kinda harsh I know). Don't buy a censor on MY opinion when the thing I'm defending came before your books that were written as an after idea.

Kinda pathetic actually. Halo: Combat Evolved came out November 15, 2001, the first book, Halo: The Fall of Reach came out October 30, 2001. In my world October comes before November, don't know about yours. Its amazing what a little research and reading can turn up.

the Core team of 343i is the core team of Bungie..... sooooooooooooo, I believe the promise still stands

Not at all. When they worked at bungie they were limited to that promise, but after joining 343 they didn't have to keep it because they weren't bungie anymore, and obviously they thought the same thing.

Emile-A239 (Black) and Avery Junior Johnson (Black) were both really cool characters.

albino [insert race here]. If it make you feel better.

Overall a lot of the characters in the Halo universe are definitely mix race but this shows that people still have a problem with race in today's world, if they get all disappointed because masterchief turned out to be white.

Kinda pathetic actually. Halo: Combat Evolved came out November 15, 2001, the first book, Halo: The Fall of Reach came out October 30, 2001. In my world October comes before November, don't know about yours. Its amazing what a little research and reading can turn up.

I suppose it'd be... But in all fairness honestly I don't care what race he is. But the likelihood some Asian kid playing in Korea pictures S117 as anything but whatever race he is is unlikely at best. It isn't racism. It's immersing yourself into a game the way the player would like. Maybe I worded the original improperly but that's what I was getting at. Game immersion.

And if you read the book in October and can clearly remember a decade ago you're a better man than me. Clearly I should just stop thinking for myself and listen to you. Where I CAME FROM, Halo CE was an original Xbox launch title and me and my brother smashed on that months before I ever even heard of the books. But clearly you can read something someone posted online and accept it. According to that logic did you know Jesus invented the helicopter? Wikipedia told me so...

I mean you're arguing over 3 weeks guy... Are you really that eager to be omniscient on a gaming forum? Lol. That's what I think is so sad... That is my point in a nutshell.

Not at all. When they worked at bungie they were limited to that promise, but after joining 343 they didn't have to keep it because they weren't bungie anymore, and obviously they thought the same thing.

except eyes don't count.... it was such a quick glimpse, it was more of a shock, unless you freeze frame it and study it :P

I personally felt really sad when Johnson died, Cortana said "i'm sorry Chief" and he just moved his hand. I understood that he was sad, even without Bungie showing a piece of his face, or a tear. He just clenched his fist.

Surprise surprise, we knew he had emotions.

*********SPOILER ALERT*******************

As you may know, Halo 4's ending was a glimpse of Master Chief's face. Now why would 343i put something so hotly debated into the game.

Most people I talk to don't ever want to see his face, I certainly don't. You can't put a face to him because no matter what it will be disappointing. The mystery of Master Chief is what made him such an iconic character. For the past 11 years, we've known his face to be his helmet and nothing more. To show his face is like changing his appearance in a way.

Seeing his face is like reading a good book and having a great image of a character only for it to be ruined by the movie.

Seeing as many people never want to see his face, the fact that 343i put his face in the legendary ending is an insult. There is no warning, it was just like BAM here's his face whether you like it or not.

I am extremely bothered by this and the fact that 343i has already shown this much in ONLY their first game is even more bothering. Next thing you know Halo 5 will open up with Master Chief in normal cloths with no suit on in the first cutscene. Stop showing him. I know him as a man in a suit and that's all I ever want to know him as...A badass man in a suit who I have no idea what he looks like.

I don't see why you're complaining so much about it. If you've read the books about Halo and looked into the wiki for it, it's always been showing the unmasked parts of Chief. It shows his entire body as a kid.

There isn't any reason to show his face, especially this early in the new trilogy. If they ended Halo 6 on that note and just left it there I think that would have been acceptable, but not like this...

It's like hearing Gordon Freemans voice... It would ruin what the game set up in the first place...

There isn't any reason to show his face, especially this early in the new trilogy. If they ended Halo 6 on that note and just left it there I think that would have been acceptable, but not like this...

It's like hearing Gordon Freemans voice... It would ruin what the game set up in the first place...

Buuuuut they didn't show his face...? So what're you mad about? They just showed his eyes. I don't remember seeing his mouth, hairline, or any of that.

But clearly you can read something someone posted online and accept it. According to that logic did you know Jesus invented the helicopter? Wikipedia told me so...

I mean you're arguing over 3 weeks guy... Are you really that eager to be omniscient on a gaming forum? Lol. That's what I think is so sad... That is my point in a nutshell.

Over three weeks, I have not even been a member for a week. Look at the time stamps of my post. OOO wait you clear don't read. I have better sources then wikipedia to back up my information. How about B&N , Amazon or the book itself. Just because you did a google search to try to dispprove what I said, doesn't mean that I used the first thing that you saw in your search results. Also I picked up the book and the game together.

Over three weeks, I have not even been a member for a week. Look at the time stamps of my post. OOO wait you clear don't read. I have better sources then wikipedia to back up my information. How about B&N , Amazon or the book itself. Just because you did a google search to try to dispprove what I said, doesn't mean that I used the first thing that you saw in your search results. Also I picked up the book and the game together.

I didn't say you were a member for three weeks. I said there was a difference of three weeks between the game and the book. I wasn't arguing with you.

Exactly! Like they said countless times, Chief needs to "discover his human side". And I know the helmet never revealing his face is what has made him so iconic, but at least a small glimpse shows us he's not just a machine.

thank you, I could have not said that better myself. THIS MAN DESRVES AND AWARD PEOPLE

thank you, I could have not said that better myself. THIS MAN DESRVES AND AWARD PEOPLE

Calm down. We understood your idea. Now let someone else describes his own.

And for the "he's not a machine" thing: you really thought he was a robot? Even without reading the books (which is always much appreciated), i could have imagined he wasn't an emotionless thing killing everything to save humanity.

Calm down. We understood your idea. Now let someone else describes his own.

And for the "he's not a machine" thing: you really thought he was a robot? Even without reading the books (which is always much appreciated), i could have imagined he wasn't an emotionless thing killing everything to save humanity.

It was something I had never thought of, I thought that was quite deep, but I guess it wasn't to a lot of people :P