Things I hate about Halo Wars

Ark

I hate is when I play online I always get people who quit because there trying to boost with there friends and I hate when people start Rushing its not fun, and mostly when Im trying to get all achievments Im missing just one and thats "Running the Show" Obtain the General Rank on XboxLive. its to hard to rank up in the game because people go nolife at the game and rush. And I would say "Everything's better with bacon" and "Mr. Punctual" Is easier to get then "Running the Show" Other then that I love the game It's fun to play with your friends and I hope they make a Halo Wars 2 Just hope theres no "Running the Show" in Halo Wars 2 if they make Halo Wars 2.

I hate is when I play online I always get people who quit because there trying to boost with there friends and I hate when people start Rushing its not fun, and mostly when Im trying to get all achievments Im missing just one and thats "Running the Show" Obtain the General Rank on XboxLive. its to hard to rank up in the game because people go nolife at the game and rush. And I would say "Everything's better with bacon" and "Mr. Punctual" Is easier to get then "Running the Show" Other then that I love the game It's fun to play with your friends and I hope they make a Halo Wars 2 Just hope theres no "Running the Show" in Halo Wars 2 if they make Halo Wars 2.

:thumbsup: yea but I still love the game and play it and still hope maybe 343 will make a new Halo Wars

Ark you kinda sound like you have split personalities. You commented on your own post like someone else wrote it. haha

I do lol I think I also have Bipoler, but yea the game is fun just annoying online thats all. :thumbdown: :thumbsup:

I'm sure it would be easier if they made a Halo Wars 2.... but Rushes are easily countered by turrets and Scorpions if you are UNSC Sgt. Forge.

Infantry if Captain Cutter, followed by a disruption bomb, if it is a leader rush.

• Like 1

This is what I've gathered from my experirence...

Supply pads first, Turrets second(from most vulnerable to least vulnerable), reactor third, Hvy supply pads fourth, another reactor and/or field armory fifth, Unit building last(preferably the one that has your commander's super unit i.e. professor anders, build an airpad).

UPGRADE UPGRADE UPGRADE!!!I have seen time and time again that players get carried away in scouting new bases and supplies rather than upgrading their turrets and/or units on defense.

Always have a backup base that is exactly identical to your primary base.Best if located a good distance away from the enemy.

Your turrets aren't jesus! just because you have fully upgraded turrets doesn't mean you can wander off in lala land thinking your base is fine.Keep a couple marine squads out there to warn of an incoming attack.

Use the cobra's lockdown mode while accompanied by a wolverine to act as a mobile turret.You can do what I do and slowly expand a perimeter like this capturing everything as you go providing an offensive defense.

When dealing with scarabs use a cryo-bomb to flank it/retreat or try to have a vulture take the brunt of its force while the rest of your units hit it in the back and if you don't have either, just continuously maneuver your units behind it.

Remember that you have airstrikes so upgrade them as much as you can.It will pay off.

Right before a building is destroyed, self destruct it so that you get some supplies back.

If all else fails, (I know this sounds nooby but it seldom fails)Spam your super unit and use up all your population with it!I strongly advise you don't do this unless you are serious about winning or losing.Or unless you get matched up with someone you hate!But remember that everyone's there to have fun and being spammed is never fun, so play nice! ;)

Well these are all the tips I've gathered from playing halo wars.

Hope I helped someone! :)

• 2 months later...

The things that you feel frustrated about is what a lot of us feel frustrated about, no doubt. Deathmatch is (I feel,) a great playlist for people who are looking for those who don't quit and don't have to worry about hour long games. Of course, we still run into every so often games that never end, but that's very lowly likely in Deathmatch. It's also very unlikely to have people quit at the very start of the game in this playlist as well.

I must warn you though; If you aren't a skilled Halo Wars player, you may need to get reacquainted with some high strategy techniques before playing in the Deathmatch playlist.

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

There's nothing really that I hate about HW3. Overall, it's a decent game given the circumstances. Strategy games are difficult to make on consoles, and are even more difficult to weave an intricate story around. It did a good job at both, IMO. Sucks about the multiplayer though, keep at it and I'm sure you will get the achievements you desire :D