3 reasons I already hate Halo 4...

Zparxz

1. The sniper "rifle"

Whever I fire this so called "weapon" it sounds like a baby panda sneezing. A SNIPER SHOULD SOUND VICIOUS AND AGGRESSIVE NOT CUTE AND CUDDLY.

2. OP overshield

I hopped into a match of Slayer and a couple minutes in, I had ordinance ready. I called down the overshield, and as I was running to it, someone on the enemy team began firing at me. He would have killed me, but as soon as my shield broke, I picked up the overshield. It recovered my health despite the enemy firing at me, and still gave me a full overshield. So not only was I momentarily invulnerable, but I was able to turn around and kill my opponent without a problem. I have a video of this in my file share, but I've yet to figure out how to find it on the site, so no links. But you should check it out. It's my only video, and it's disgusting.

3. Balance issues galore.

Slayer throws you into matches with losing teams expecting you to do something useful, which is inevitably impossible if your opponents have any bit of skill. They've taken Armor Lock and nerfed the Jetpack. Why not nerf the Armor Lock as well, so that I can't get ******* destroyed by faggots who jetpack with a rocket launcher all game? So far this game has disgraced the Halo franchise. The thruster pack is absolutely useless. But above all, 343 has successfully implemented every single aspect from Call of Duty. If I wanted to play that game, I'd ******* buy it instead. Now I risk jumping into a match with someone who can kill me multiple times despite my higher skill level, simply because of bull**** perks and armor abilities. Not to mention that the lunge for the Plasma Sword STILL HAS YET TO BE NERFED.

Let me know what you all think. Am I wrong here? Am I over-reacting? Am I neglecting to consider counters?

In my opinion, you're completely and utterly wrong. The sniper sound silent and ferocious, just like a stackers weapon or choice.

The over shield does need to be needed a little, but t was exactly like this is the past Halo games.

And armour lock isn't in the game, nor will it ever will be. So I have no clue why you're talking about that thing. They also didn't copy straight from CoD. They took inspiration from leading games and put it in to see how it goes, remember this is their first game, they have to start somewhere or they'll get nowhere. If you manage to lose to someone, either means, you go a surprise attack, you are worse than them in general or you haven't adapted to their play style. As for the sword, I haven't noticed it being massive. Only in flood I noticed it have a little more range. 'Little'.

• Like 2

1. The sniper "rifle"

Whever I fire this so called "weapon" it sounds like a baby panda sneezing. A SNIPER SHOULD SOUND VICIOUS AND AGGRESSIVE NOT CUTE AND CUDDLY.

2. OP overshield

I hopped into a match of Slayer and a couple minutes in, I had ordinance ready. I called down the overshield, and as I was running to it, someone on the enemy team began firing at me. He would have killed me, but as soon as my shield broke, I picked up the overshield. It recovered my health despite the enemy firing at me, and still gave me a full overshield. So not only was I momentarily invulnerable, but I was able to turn around and kill my opponent without a problem. I have a video of this in my file share, but I've yet to figure out how to find it on the site, so no links. But you should check it out. It's my only video, and it's disgusting.

3. Balance issues galore.

Slayer throws you into matches with losing teams expecting you to do something useful, which is inevitably impossible if your opponents have any bit of skill. They've taken Armor Lock and nerfed the Jetpack. Why not nerf the Armor Lock as well, so that I can't get ******* destroyed by faggots who jetpack with a rocket launcher all game? So far this game has disgraced the Halo franchise. The thruster pack is absolutely useless. But above all, 343 has successfully implemented every single aspect from Call of Duty. If I wanted to play that game, I'd ******* buy it instead. Now I risk jumping into a match with someone who can kill me multiple times despite my higher skill level, simply because of bull**** perks and armor abilities. Not to mention that the lunge for the Plasma Sword STILL HAS YET TO BE NERFED.

Let me know what you all think. Am I wrong here? Am I over-reacting? Am I neglecting to consider counters?

1. Understandable, you don't like the noise. Honestly, it sound more realistic to me (you hear the actual buffer spring when firing a semi-auto rifle rather than the bullet anyway) but I can see how you wouldn't like it.

2. Yeah, that's been the case in every Halo game that had an over-shield (literally every, even CE and H2). Except now you can call it down after getting a few kills. On the other hand though, you do have to earn that ordinance drop, and it can still be knocked out with a PP overcharge (after it's hit it's capacity).

3. This is a multi-part one. Alright, they did nerf both AL and the Jet Pack. AL has become the HL Shield, and the Jet Pack doesn't go as high for as long. The reason they nerfed AL is pretty obvious. If you aren't smart enough to prevent your enemies from picking up power weapons, you deserve to be destroyed. Invulnerability is bullcrap in an FPS. AL was mostly used to annoy the crap out of people. And the reason for the nerfed jetpack is because it too was OP. But you aren't so much complaining about that than the AL. And yeah, the TP (thruster pack) is pretty useless, but they are bound to buff that later on. Also, sword lunge has been nerfed, much to my chagrin. Think it's about 3/4 what it was in Reach. It's actually better to just melee rather than try to lunge, because if they sidestep you will miss them.

About the join in progress part, if you stay in the lobby you joined into after the game, you will be able to get revenge on those that killed you in the previous games. (:<

I've yet to come up with the "ubercombo" that I can usually come up with in CoD games, which means that the balance is there. Every time I came up with something that I thought would be a game winner, the very next game the players countered it. The only complaint I can think of is that they need to make it to where the ammo perk doesn't effect power weapons, because that makes the rocket launcher VERY OP. Then again, the rocket launcher only spawns in once or twice per game (depending on the length of the game, and some games it doesn't spawn at all) so it's not a super massive issue.

I think you just had a couple of frustrating matches (I have too q.q), all you gotta do is find what counters whatever is murdering you. For instance, the hardlight shield will stop a sword dead in it's tracks, so if you use the AR up until the player lunges, then HLS, then melee you will have yourself a nice slightly used energy sword. :D

• Like 2

I do agree with you on the Call of Duty aspect. When I first jumped on the game I felt a lot of resemblance to Call of Duty. I feel like the custom classes, perks and ordinances resemble CoD way too much. I feel like they've taken to many aspects of CoD and tried to fit them into a Halo game, but to me that's not what Halo was about.

In my opinion it's a lot like CoD, and I wish they had thought over how Halo has played out up to 3 and realized they need to keep it simple yet good.