Subtle flaws/patch ideas.

MorphGroups

I've played approx. 10,000 - 15,000 matches of the halo sega for 12 years. Enough to confidently say what halo should consider fixing/looking at

• Level system - this wound has been picked endlessly but halo's series was founded on its competitive nature and goal to achive. You cared when you lost! 1-50 needs it return, It's Halo 4, reach died for a reason. Apparently they bring the halo 2 ranking system back.
  • Search preferences: Where did they go? I was getting in consecutive europe-North american games and its brutally disadvantageous.
  • Dmr is noticeably more effective than any other primary at 15 or more feet.
  • Saw is overpowered: you can kill 3-5 spartans on one clip.
  • Storm rifle and carbine are clearly under-powered.
  • Boltshot is arguably over-power at close range.

These are just a few things ive noticed I'm sure many others share my opinions but i'd be happy to hear what the community thinks about it.

Oh and Double Team needs its return! im sure half the community agrees.. =)

• Like 1

First: I don't mind the leveling system.

Second: Agreed, we need a search engine!

Third: Sniping is it's UNSC-assigned purpose! Did you know that some bullets actually fly better shortly after they leave the barrel, rather then inside the barrel itself? Look it up! And arguably, the Battle Rifle can kill just as fast as the DMR, with the same range; same with a Carbine after some practice.

Fourth: Agreed, to an extent: the firing rate needs to slow down. The damage per bullet is fine, as it seems to be adjusted to the same as an Assault Rifle.

Fifth: Agreed, needs more damage and some more battery life on the Storm Rifle. On the Carbine, MAYBE a little more damage, and absolutely needs more battery life.

Sixth: I find it balances as a single shot, similar to a Magnum; to an unstable variant of a single shot from a Shotgun. Simply a hybrid of two guns.

That's just my thoughts :).

I've played approx. 10,000 - 15,000 matches of the halo sega for 12 years. Enough to confidently say what halo should consider fixing/looking at

• Level system - this wound has been picked endlessly but halo's series was founded on its competitive nature and goal to achive. You cared when you lost! 1-50 needs it return, It's Halo 4, reach died for a reason. Apparently they bring the halo 2 ranking system back.
  • Search preferences: Where did they go? I was getting in consecutive europe-North american games and its brutally disadvantageous.
  • Dmr is noticeably more effective than any other primary at 15 or more feet.
  • Saw is overpowered: you can kill 3-5 spartans on one clip.
  • Storm rifle and carbine are clearly under-powered.
  • Boltshot is arguably over-power at close range.

These are just a few things ive noticed I'm sure many others share my opinions but i'd be happy to hear what the community thinks about it.

Oh and Double Team needs its return! im sure half the community agrees.. =)

I've heard they are working on a post launch ranked playlist/system. and while i don't have any details besides that, i'm optimistic. as for the weapon balancing you mentioned, i'm not sure the need for any of them to be changed is necessary. The storm rifle dominates in close qaurters, and the carbines rate of fire is awesome. and of course the SAW is overpowered, its a power weapon.

I've heard they are working on a post launch ranked playlist/system. and while i don't have any details besides that, i'm optimistic. as for the weapon balancing you mentioned, i'm not sure the need for any of them to be changed is necessary. The storm rifle dominates in close qaurters, and the carbines rate of fire is awesome. and of course the SAW is overpowered, its a power weapon.

The problem with them releasing a ranked system post release is they lose so much fan-base who don't want to wait for the new year. =/

IMO the only worthwhile primary weapons are dmr/br and you can see it in the stats they are better.. It's unfortunate because it should be threatening to use other primaries.

I still pray for double team playlist -_-. Or 1v1 again! lol

the biggest concern for 343 right now is keeping the fans playing. This current system is not set up for maintaining interest like the win/lose lvl system does.

The only worthwhile primary like stinky said is dmr/br.

great addition of the throw ability in oddball. very clever.

dominion is interestingly unique but most games end up being spawn camped or spawn camping. more intricate, defendable, evolving bases would counter that..