Halo 4 thoughts *Spoilers*

Linkblade

I just beat the campaign today as well as the first episode of Spartan Ops and throughout it all I could only think of one thing. Good job. I like many others bought Halo 4 largely due to the fact that I love the series and the history behind it all. I also was among those who felt slight trepidation at whether 343 could take on such a massive universe.

I'm pleased to say that yes, they can and have. Halo 4 is pretty much exactly how I would hope a continuation would be. Keeping the basic formula and intrigue of the Halo-verse that we all know and love but keeping it fresh by stepping up the ante. 343 accomplished that, at least in my opinion.

Throughout the entire campaign I was wondering what would happen next.

There are many things that when I look into it I Think can rationalize it but they are just theories but my desire to know the answer will definitely have me coming back for more.

I have to wonder what in the world is going on regarding the Covenant... While I could just file it away as Humans and Sangheili would probably never truly form an alliance as they were once mortal enemies. It doesn't really make sense the way things are..

Why are the Sangheili still interested in the Forerunners?

Why is the Covenant still fighting Humans?

Another interesting observation is that any continuing fighting between Humanity and the Covenant seems... docile. They aren't out to obliterate one another from the Universe it seems. More like they are old enemies that respect one another's capabilities but will kill if they get their way.

I am immensely happy that the playing field has been narrowed a bit. As the opening scene for Infinity said. 'We were mice hiding in the shadows hoping the giants wouldn't notice us.' Before Humanity was always insanely underpowered compared to the rest of the galaxy. No matter who they fought they were the underdogs. Only their stubbornness really saved them.

Now however, Humanity is a force to be reckoned with, but not so much that everything they so much as look at falls over dead, but enough that humans very survival is a miracle.

Now regarding the ending. I for one think it was beautiful. 343 truly accomplished their goal of making the story more personalized and dramatic. Cortana's 'death' if it truly is an end for her was heart wrenching. I do think that she will return in either the next game or the one after. But even if she doesn't, it was a good end.

Overall, I can't wait to see where the story goes from here. In both Spartan Ops and the next game.

• Like 1