TAKE AWAY XP CAP - HALO 4

GMatt325

Let me just say this, I'm not going to ***** and act volatile over this because simply nothing will change immediately. With that said, 343, you are trying to hard to please to many people. More importantly trying to hard to please new halo players. Us vets understand the immense pressure u guys had when devoloping this game but please, don't go out of ur way to please everyone. Now this xp cap, was in fact an unsmart move on ur behalf, with all the double Xp promotions out, expectially with junk food companies, you were almost encouraging people to sit on their ass all day and eat Doritos/drink mt dew. So clearly the cap isn't there to remind us to get off our ass, which is hilarious cuz never in my life have I ever forgotten about gettin off my ass because of a game. So please, 343, don't disappoint the true halo fans just. We diddnt invest all these years in this game to watch it burn over a minuscule problem such as this. Admit ur mistake, either raise the cap or better yet get rid of it. Don't dilly dag around. Get it done. Technically us consumers make ur salaries so that makes us your CEO. I want this resolved by Friday or else we are going to discuss your future here at 343. Ty have a great day;)

• Like 1

The logic behind this is sound, it only sounds good on paper.

The XP ceiling only serves to annoy and hinder the enjoyment of getting to that sweet SR-50, and threatening to drive people to either single player games or Call of Duty respectively.

Perhaps a more well thought out leveling system should have been built instead of what is currently in place. Considering that less than week into the game I am level 44, and that's not dedicated daily play. Though, I have to admit as soon as I hit 40, the leveling has slowed to a crawl.

Wow. Calm down everyone. I believe the original intent of the XP cap was to prevent exploiters from being able to achieve max rank online quickly. With a cap, even if an exploit is found, it will take a while to rank up and give 343 a chance to fix it.

Just think back to the days before the seemingly untouchable, sacred "X.P.!!!!". If you are playing the game just for XP I don't care that's your choice, but it's really not that big of a deal and I am sure not many people are selling their copies of Halo 4 in fits of rage due to hitting a daily XP cap.

OK first of all i dont use x2 xp..then i played all day yesterday later at night my brother played and got his challenge finish but he did not get any xp

Yea xp cap is good to prevent the x2 xp player but i dont use it and got capped? how the **** is this possible?

and yes it is kindda annoying to have xp cap..

for some people who thing xp cap is good...when u get one ull know how it feel. I'm not even sure how long the cap is. I start playing again today and still xp cap on me.

My point is yea xp cap to prevent people boosting xp but it's kindda pointless to play without exchanges.

(cap x2 xp and raise the cap for normal players up higher)

Hit it again today after the same full day of game play. I do not plan on buying the double XP as I hit the cap without it! I am glad I hit level 40 the game before I got capped so that's good. I saw a level 58 today though so obviously their cap isn't working. He was a Pioneer which raises the xp you get anyway. LOGIC? I do not see any

• Like 1

I have hit the xp limit 3 times now and I have found a way around it. if you would like to know send me a message on xbox and I'll tell you. my game tag is monster ballz1

that sucks lol i got capped without x2 and now my friend's level pasted me i was up like 2 level higher than his now e's 2 level higher than me

Wow. Calm down everyone. I believe the original intent of the XP cap was to prevent exploiters from being able to achieve max rank online quickly. With a cap, even if an exploit is found, it will take a while to rank up and give 343 a chance to fix it.

Just think back to the days before the seemingly untouchable, sacred "X.P.!!!!". If you are playing the game just for XP I don't care that's your choice, but it's really not that big of a deal and I am sure not many people are selling their copies of Halo 4 in fits of rage due to hitting a daily XP cap.

I know about 20 people that bought this game. Of them about 19 have sold it on because they were frustrated over the xp cap and I am considering doing the same. For the record I have never sold on any previous Halo game including Reach even though the cap on that game was irritating as well.

The reason the cap here bugs me so much more is

1 It doesent tell you when you hit the cap.

2 It is unclear exactly when you can start earning xp again

3 I can hit the cap after playing 4 games

They (343) are ***** up this game! Xp caps, fkd up game mods, laggy servers, getting stuck @sr70. Are they trying to kill the Halo franchise? I've been gaming for over 30yrs and this is by far an epic fail. I understand glitches and growing pains with a new company but seriously? HUGE DISAPPOINTMENT! Epecially after owning ALL of Bungies products. Wow is all I can say. :(

• 2 weeks later...

It's not that I don't get the reasoning for the cap. That is I get that they are trying to keep people from leveling up through dishonest means. My issue is that I don't think that most players care that these people are trying to rank up dishonestly (cheaters gonna cheat) and what you're doing with this cap system is punishing the entirety of the community based upon the actions of a few. Historically uncool. The cap clearly discourages people from playing more than playing against people with much higher ranks.

As its been said, this, in conjuntion with the double xp campeign also sends a mixed message, and can be understanably infuriating. You entered into an agreement with these junk food companys to mutually boost sales and reward players interested with a faster way to rank up then you shoot the idea in the foot. It just doesnt make sense.

Even if you didn't people to rank up too fast there are better ways than just stopping them from being able to.

I'm not going to get into the issue of loosing fans and players any further than saying, yeah, you might loose a few, nothing thats going to cripple your profit margin, but hopefully its about more than JUST that.

In regards to the whole, its good because you might be playing this game to much argument. I don't feel that any entity outside of a persons own disgression has the right to dictate or manipulate the use of a product after the person has payed for it. And if somebody wants to play Halo 24/7 they have that right regardless of whether or not its a healthy choice.

Its just seems that you're dangling a lot of shiny toys in front of us players and then slapping us on the wrist if we actually try to play with them.

Personally I don't care how quickly the rest of the world ranks up, if they put in the time, they earned it. I just don't want feel like I am being punished for trying do the same thing, and get the most out of what is ultimately a fantastic game and a very strong abliet open for improvement first step by 343.

If your having problems ranking up with my xp cap when i went to level 30 it wouldent let me rank up until next day. I couldent even rank up in spartan ops, but i was roaming around in my armor in specializations and i noticed that spartan 4 was complete so i went down to wetwork which was next one down out of the eight an it said active so i played a match an it started ranking me up again so maybe u should try this and see if it works for you.

• Like 1