Halo 4 Complaint List....

littletunny

1. Graphics - Sometimes there are shadows, sometimes there is not. Sometimes shooting the wall will leave a bullet hole, sometiimes not. Its like the game lacks refinement. This very disappointing in the year 2012. Halo 3 had much better graphics. Drive thru the water, no ripples, no nothing. Tires dont move.

In all honesty I was stunned when I first fired up the game. The graphics are weak and the player movement is jerky and terrible. Players move backwards without moving their feet?? After all the hype, just plain disappointing. The spartan is really lacking detail.

2. The movement of the players looks cartoonish. Again the lack of shadowing makes it look like the players are floating and there is no depth to the screen.

3, A blue sight reticle. Really?? Most of the backgrounds are blue.

4. The stupid power / ammo drop.

5. The text on who is being killed on the left side of the screen is too small to read. The text size being too small is a common theme throughout the game. I play on a 42" Plasma sitting 7 feet away and the text is too small.

6. too many loadouts / slash special powers. ect ect. enough with the 20 loadouts....

7. Rank system.

8. The flood. Great, take a Halo franchise and turn it into a zombie game. If you want to do infection, leave them as spartans or elites.

9. The players turn a stupid yellow collor when being shot yet your helmet goes red when you die????

10. Carnage report lacking and frankly hard to follow.

11. Slayer maps lacking variety.

12. Range provided on target on some weapons when zooming in. Huh??? I care why???

13. This game lacks intensity and passion. All the kills are the same. No memories made.

Now for the good:

The sound effects are awesome.

Going back to Halo 3

• Like 3

I like how dismissive you all are on his comments. Clearly he has valid issues, as many of them I was the first to post about. Instead of flaming him or antagonizing the situation, why don't you try to help him instead. I'm getting a little tired of the hit and run flaming of guys like this. This is a great community with great people. We won't keep or entice members to stay if this is how we are going to handle people who have valid complaints with the game.

Either post constructive well thought out challenges to the claims, or leave. We don't need flame wars here.

• Like 2

I like how dismissive you all are on his comments. Clearly he has valid issues, as many of them I was the first to post about. Instead of flaming him or antagonizing the situation, why don't you try to help him instead. I'm getting a little tired of the hit and run flaming of guys like this. This is a great community with great people. We won't keep or entice members to stay if this is how we are going to handle people who have valid complaints with the game.

Either post constructive well thought out challenges to the claims, or leave. We don't need flame wars here.

How can we help him if he obviously has a problem with the entire game? I mean seriously why complain about the range reading its just an addition.

• Like 2

Now for the good:

The sound effects are awesome.

Going back to Halo 3

Agree with everything except this part have you driven the warthog lately? Seriously the lack of detail and attention to the graphics blew me away almost as much as the final battle. The graphics would be great for a game that was released in 2005 but in 2012 it fails. Drive a ghost in Reach and look at the dash you will notice objects will appear as a display as you drive by with H4 you get a plain purple screen thats it. 343 just didnt pay enough attention to details in this game.

• Like 2

Precisely. Valid points? Most of them are nonsensical rubbish. 1,2,8,9, and 12 were silly at best and fail trolling at worst.

1. Your a complete an utter moron if you seriously think the graphics are superior to Reach and Halo 3. The LOD of all the textures and the lack of obviously properly generated mipmap ranges is atrocious! Do you know anything at all about how the graphical post processes work for the Blam! engine. I'm almost ashamed for them in this respect. The only saving grace is the poly count of the models used.

2. The player movements do feel clunky. The physics constraints they used are ver lacking compared to how fluid it felt with Reach and 3. Since I cannot verify what Havok version they used, or if they even used Havok at all, I cannot tell you where exactly they screwed it up.

8. I feel as if the Flood model being used it not only very poor, but the way they implimented the Flood variant goes against everything that the infection mode we used to create ourselves, goes against. Floof were never meant to use abilities nor jump higher etc... Most of the fun was having to gang up in swarms to take down other players. With this variant, it becomes mostly luck to even get to someone or kill them. And forget trying to hide when the Flood can use Promethian Vision. It is easily my most hated gametype now...

9 and 12 are simply personal preference. You cannot call them silly or stupid for not liking certain aspects of those items.

How can we help him if he obviously has a problem with the entire game? I mean seriously why complain about the range reading its just an addition.

How can you help him? Seriously Real Talk? You have been a member here for some time now. You should know very well how to help him. Why not invite him to a few matches in customs or campaign and show him how to look at things from a different perspective. Just because he has complaints, does not mean he is not willing to try out a new way of seeing things, or trying to play in a new way. Seriously...do I have to do everyones leg work around here?

That being said, yes, not everyone is going to be happy and try to "get" help, but we owe it to our fellow community members to at least try, and not just automatically be dismissive of them.

• Like 2

Flaming is not allowed on this forum. If you can not constructively disagree with someone, then move onto another topic that you can. In other words, be civil or gtfo.

inb4 flamewar

But posting endless, and picky/annoying complaints all over the message board is completely acceptable, huh? When people say dumb things, they should be told they just said a dumb thing. These are not my children. I do not love them. They are other people's kids. Other people's kids are typically idiots.

But posting endless, and picky/annoying complaints all over the message board is completely acceptable, huh? When people say dumb things, they should be told they just said a dumb thing. These are not my children. I do not love them. They are other people's kids. Other people's kids are typically idiots.

Opinions are like buttholes. Everyone has one. If you don't like someone's butthole, don't stick your nose in it.
  • Like 2

My 2 complaints are.

1. No Audio slider option where you can turn the ingame volume down.

2. showing you armor that you can wear, thinking that you had unlocked it, then realising that you haven't and then feeling that you aren't good enough.

:D These are only little things that have made me sad face a little, but you dont let them bother you that much because the game is still a beast!

Stop focusing on the little annoyances. EVERY game has a few.

My 2 complaints are.

1. No Audio slider option where you can turn the ingame volume down.

2. showing you armor that you can wear, thinking that you had unlocked it, then realising that you haven't and then feeling that you aren't good enough.

:D These are only little things that have made me sad face a little, but you dont let them bother you that much because the game is still a beast!

Stop focusing on the little annoyances. EVERY game has a few.

Agreed. This game is great. I don't understand how so many people on these forums can disagree with that.

Agreed. This game is great. I don't understand how so many people on these forums can disagree with that.

Ok specifically what elements of the game made it great as a far as campaign or matchmaking?

They removed all the skill from matchmaking. Now that there is no friendly fire you can shoot right through your teammates or toss grenades without a worrying about your team.

• Like 1

Ok specifically what elements of the game made it great as a far as campaign or matchmaking?

They removed all the skill from matchmaking. Now that there is no friendly fire you can shoot right through your teammates or toss grenades without a worrying about your team.

Are you kidding? Friendly fire is definitely on. I have had quite a few betrayals (both ones I've committed and ones committed against me). Also, they are releasing a Trueskill ranking gametype sometime in the coming months. I personally like that idea as it allows players to become accustomed to the game before Trueskill becomes a factor. That way you have time to get to your appropriate level of skill before it becomes tracked.

And, honestly, every facet of this game is great to me. The action is non-stop and becomes quite intense at times. The weapons are all great and balanced, provided you know how/when to use certain weapons depending on the situation you find yourself in.

Play with friends. It's not as fun when you play by yourself since no one on Xbox Live uses a mic anymore. If you don't enjoy this game then you don't enjoy it and I can't help you. You're entitled to your opinion and I'm entitled to mine.

• Like 3

Are you kidding? Friendly fire is definitely on. I have had quite a few betrayals

i guess we are playing a totally different game then? Thats why there are idiots shooting a teammate with a Sticky Detonatorand having them run into a group of the other team killing them all but no harm to him.

Seriously, how can you not agree that this is game is better than Reach? How about YOU cite examples why you think it's not.

Again please cite some examples? Is it because getting kills and K/D doesnt even matter any more or the fact players can leave a game anytime they wish and new players join which completely destroys the flow of the game or the fact that the DMR is far overpowered?

i guess we are playing a totally different game then

Again please cite some examples? Is it because getting kills and K/D doesnt even matter any more or the fact players can leave a game anytime they wish and new players join which completely destroys the flow of the game or the fact that the DMR is far overpowered?

Friendly fire is on for a few playlists you can check it yourself.

DMR is overpowered I agree they need to fix it.

I do not see how the importance of K/D has changed?

In my matches people do not leave and join constantly, I honestly think people exaggerate the Drop in/ out system.