Ending.... *spoilers*

ImJustADemo

Very disappointed and somewhat depressed because of how Cortana was killed like it was nothing it seems... I can kinda relate it the the Mass Effect 3 ending... imo....

What was the point in killing her off?

Why the hell would you even think about it?

Are you setting up for a future surprise in the 5th installment in which she transfers into a form of living tissue?

Most of all why the hell would you remove chiefs armor? Thankful they didn't show his face. Would've ruined the masked hero aspect.

I didn't read any of the books because when I got into Halo I wasn't interested to that point. If there is any info from the books I'm missing, please inform me.

What's the deal here...

I'll try and give this a go...

Although I've not read the books ( yet ), you're definitely missing a lot of Info with what I've seen passed around on this forum. I also do little research on Halo Nation here and there.

As for Cortana, whether it's confirmed she's definitely deceased or not, I'm not so sure, perhaps just left behind? Never played ME 3 or at all in fact. Her event's are related to Chief and there relationship, an emotional attachment/companionship to one another. Having Cortana taken from Chief, be it killed or left behind, it has a very negative affect and as a result showing chief's 'Humanity' as 343i stated they wanted to do, he's not a machine ( a beast of course) but no machine. Remember though, when Chief makes a promise...

As for chief's armour removal, perhaps he's being put into the Spartan IV program? But i'm not sure Spartan II's can be, perhaps they can.

Also, Legendary ending, do it! do it!

I did my best.

I'll try and give this a go...

Although I've not read the books ( yet ), you're definitely missing a lot of Info with what I've seen passed around on this forum. I also do little research on Halo Nation here and there.

As for Cortana, whether it's confirmed she's definitely deceased or not, I'm not so sure, perhaps just left behind? Never played ME 3 or at all in fact. Her event's are related to Chief and there relationship, an emotional attachment/companionship to one another. Having Cortana taken from Chief, be it killed or left behind, it has a very negative affect and as a result showing chief's 'Humanity' as 343i stated they wanted to do, he's not a machine ( a beast of course) but no machine. Remember though, when Chief makes a promise...

As for chief's armour removal, perhaps he's being put into the Spartan IV program? But i'm not sure Spartan II's can be, perhaps they can.

Also, Legendary ending, do it! do it!

I did my best.

On the last level in the mission selections, it says "With Cortana dead, ......" And that pre-script is written by 343, so that confirms, yes she is dead. Sad day today was :(

I saw nothing wrong with him Removing his armor. Spartans do that, you know - for repairs. He's been in that armor for 4+ years. It's time for a repair and upgrade. Did you flip out in halo 2 when he upgraded?

I didn't see an indication of switching armor. And why would he do it in front of EVERYONE

Chief doesn't wear that armor to protect his identity... why would he care if other people saw him? hes probably got other things on his mind

Chief wears his armor for a reasoning, and I have yet to play this game but from what I know from researching halopedia and rumors spartan IV's hate chief. Chief has emotions for spartans, can't stand losing them either; but if they treat him like crap that'd make him feel like a lone spartan. He where's the armor to show his respect for spartans, his identity doesn't need to be revealed it's just like me getting you a free girlfriends. She has everything you want, but her looks make you not want her anymore. see what I'm getting at?

Chief wears his armor for a reasoning, and I have yet to play this game but from what I know from researching halopedia and rumors spartan IV's hate chief. Chief has emotions for spartans, can't stand losing them either; but if they treat him like crap that'd make him feel like a lone spartan. He where's the armor to show his respect for spartans, his identity doesn't need to be revealed it's just like me getting you a free girlfriends. She has everything you want, but her looks make you not want her anymore. see what I'm getting at?

I'm not sure what master chief you're referring too but I'm pretty positive chief wouldn't give a damn if the spartan IV's liked him, He makes it perfectly clear that his motives are to protect humanity whatever the cost He wears the armor to do this not because he wants to show respect to some Spartan's that aren't even from the spartan 2 project. you're last sentence confuses me. But other people seeing his face wouldn't have any affect no one knows who he is his original identity is confirmed Dead. Personally i don't want to see his face his eyes were enough in the legendary ending but even if i did chief is chief, and has a face.

I'm not sure what master chief you're referring too but I'm pretty positive chief wouldn't give a damn if the spartan IV's liked him, He makes it perfectly clear that his motives are to protect humanity whatever the cost He wears the armor to do this not because he wants to show respect to some Spartan's that aren't even from the spartan 2 project. you're last sentence confuses me. But other people seeing his face wouldn't have any affect no one knows who he is his original identity is confirmed Dead. Personally i don't want to see his face his eyes were enough in the legendary ending but even if i did chief is chief, and has a face.

I'm pretty sure chief would care, especially after her talking crap to him especially the quote "I thought you'd be taller"

Very disappointed and somewhat depressed because of how Cortana was killed like it was nothing it seems... I can kinda relate it the the Mass Effect 3 ending... imo....

Are you setting up for a future surprise in the 5th installment in which she transfers into a form of living tissue?

Most of all why the hell would you remove chiefs armor? Thankful they didn't show his face. Would've ruined the masked hero aspect.

I didn't read any of the books because when I got into Halo I wasn't interested to that point. If there is any info from the books I'm missing, please inform me.

What's the deal here...

First, Cortana has a LARGE chance of still being alive per say, remember the Librarian had a hold of her for a while, perhaps she backed her up somewhere.

Secondly, they remove Chief's armour because he has been in it for 4-5 years!, it would need maintanence and cleaning as such, plus he would need to get out of it to eat and stuff, i thought people would realise he isnt in his armour 24/7, read the books dammit.

Thirdly they do show the chiefs eye's on the legendary ending.

(Btw i want them to show the face in Halo 5, because it isnt about us becoming the chief anymore, its about the chief and HIS story)

I'm pretty sure chief would care, especially after her talking crap to him especially the quote "I thought you'd be taller"

This is a man that has been kidnapped and put into a militaristic program from a young age i don't think drama counts for squat in his mind. Chief has been shot, beaten, bruised, and has had all sorts of crazy things happen to him I dont think the opinion Of any spartan that is not a spartan II and i doubt he'd even let them affect him. Not only has his life contained physical adversity but this man has to be incredibly strong mentally to do these things, let alone without any hesitation. I dont think a few remarks would break that barrier, even from the spartan IV's. Chief has done more than the spartan IIIs and IV's combined so even IF (highly unlikely) he had any ego thing goin on he'd boost it with that.

(Btw i want them to show the face in Halo 5, because it isnt about us becoming the chief anymore, its about the chief and HIS story)

It will always be about people becoming chief and experiencing that story face or no face, that is what its about, I doubt that they'd show the face anyway because Chiefs armor is one of the biggest symbols for a franchise in history even the most anti video gamers know it.

It will always be about people becoming chief and experiencing that story face or no face, that is what its about, I doubt that they'd show the face anyway because Chiefs armor is one of the biggest symbols for a franchise in history even the most anti video gamers know it.

Jeez stop being romney, I mean, stop changing your thoughts. First you want him to take off his armor now you don't?

Jeez stop being romney, I mean, stop changing your thoughts. First you want him to take off his armor now you don't?

original comment i Dont want to see his face, never changed sides. but seeing it wont change anything for me

PS. The point of the argument wasnt about whether or not i wanted to see his face so this is comment is irrelevant.

What's the deal here...

i was a big halo book fan but halo reach and halo 4 both destroyed the storyline in the books

First, Cortana has a LARGE chance of still being alive per say, remember the Librarian had a hold of her for a while, perhaps she backed her up somewhere.

Secondly, they remove Chief's armour because he has been in it for 4-5 years!, it would need maintanence and cleaning as such, plus he would need to get out of it to eat and stuff, i thought people would realise he isnt in his armour 24/7, read the books dammit.

Thirdly they do show the chiefs eye's on the legendary ending.

no they dont show his eyes i saw a video on you tube that showed his eyes and you can tell that the eyes were added

Most of all why the hell would you remove chiefs armor?

I can think of a lot of reasons but 2 big ones come to mind: He's been in the suit for 4 years and needs a shower(not even making a joke), and the second reason is he has no reason to wear the suit outside of combat, maybe he was going to be debriefed.

I created an account just to get into this discussion, because I have recently seen the ending of Halo 4 (still sad Cortana died [assumed]).

Here's my guess of why they remove his armor IN FRONT OF SPARTANS*

It's probably some psychological or mental relief or stability. I know that the Spartans are made to not feel MUCH emotions as an average human being, but the fact that Chief took off his armor in front of all of the other Spartans shows or can resemble that his character and development, are unfolding/unraveling. Plus, I'm pretty sure we all know Chief has been building up a loveness or relationship to Cortana, and seeing her fade away probably made Chief realize something important (he also re-stated the quote he heard from Cortana that is something about machines). He's turning more into an average human (mentally of course) and developing more emotions.Cortana's pass-away brought a more, emotional and human side of Chief too.

That's my guess.

Oh and, like the others said:

He probably doesn't care about getting his armor repaired, changed, modified in front of the Spartans because he probably already been through this routine multiple times. Also, his character is unraveling as previously stated.

i was a big halo book fan but halo reach and halo 4 both destroyed the storyline in the books

no they dont show his eyes i saw a video on you tube that showed his eyes and you can tell that the eyes were added

Halo 4 didn't change any of the books storylines. The game had two nooks written to lead into it.

Oh, 'tis a sad day indeed then :(. Thanks for clarifying!

Ever heard of an assumption? At the moment Chief is thinking about how Cortana can come back, but for intensive purposes she'd dead right now.

I didn't see an indication of switching armor. And why would he do it in front of EVERYONE

In the military you're gonna get an upgrade and from what another post said a definite needed shower. 4+ years of living in your own filth is disgusting. You didn't see the armor change because 343 doesn't want to show you what his next armour is going to look like.

Well first when I made this topic I don't know why I didn't think of the switching armor/shower/eat type thing because it really wasn't on my mind. Yea he can be switching his armor but I still don't understand why in front of the whole crew. If he wanted others to see his face and I guess realize he's human, he could just walk around with his helmet off. All the ODST seemed to do it. It doesn't seem that hard seeing as he has removed his helmet in the past by himself.

he could just walk around with his helmet off. All the ODST seemed to do it.

Theyre Spartan IV's, not ODSTs. And I didn't think it would e that hard for people to understand. At the end if this campaign, Chief is tired. He has been wearing this armor for four years, and has saved humanity twice without taking it off. So when he has it taken off in front of all the Spartan IV's, he doesn't care about proving something to them or what they think, he just wanted to get it off, maybe because it reminded him of Cortana. And the comment Palmer made about him being taller? That's like a tease. There's no way chief would take that seriously. And throughout the game you can tell that the Spartan IV's respect him. Like when they all salute him after he defeats the Didact, and they were all staring at him when his armor was getting taken off out of respect for him. He's like a mythical hero to them. And the legendary "ending" where they show his eyes is real