Active Camo Discussion

Bobertz

Hello everybody, as some of you are aware the Active camo ability in Halo 4 is kinda lacking. Not because of the actual camo itself, but rather because of either the retecle or the jamming of the radar. If your in matchmaking and your crouched in camo and an enemy's retecle hovers over you it will turn red thus giving away your position. This would not be so much of a problem if the scrambling of the enemy's radar had a bigger diameter around the indivuduel who was hidden. But since the overall area of the scramble is fairly low it gives away the general location of the person who is hidden. As such the only thing the person who is trying to find the hidden person has to do is skim there retecle over the ground or on top of stuff.

This issue as i said can be solved with either one of three options.

Option 1: Increase the overall diameter of the scrambling of the radar to decrease chance of a "hunter" finding the hidden person

Option 2: Decrease the silluote of the hidden person while in camo mode, this will allow for a more even playing field when trying to assassinate or kill an individual.

Option 3: Remove the red reticle option when hovering over an enemy that has active camo on, this would make the "hunter" have to use his eyes instead of his croshair.

I hope that sombody of importance will see this, as active camo has always been my favorite addition to a spartan (starting with Halo ce)

Sincerly

One avid Halo gamer

Bobertz

• Like 1

I actually would like the AA's to stay as they are. I haven't had too much time to mess around yet, but they seem to be adequately powered (or underpowered some may say). I didn't like that the AA's in Reach played such a huge role. I see these as a supplement to what the gameplay should be. Compare it to the thruster pack for example. That gives you a little quick boost. It's nothing that special, but it's good as is. Don't get all crazy and beef up the camo. If someone is walking around and they spot you in camo cause of the reticle before you are able to get the advantage on them... well, you have to step it up.

Here's an Idea, remove the scramble all together and enhance how well the player is hidden when the ability is activated. In my opinion Active Camo is so you can get the jump on someone and having the motion sensor jammed only alerts people of your presence in the area.

i have to agree with this. the camo would be much more evffective without the jammer, since you alert enemies of your presence and lose your own radar. Just invisiblity with no red reticule would be afficient enough.

I also think a cool idea would be to have a radar jammer as its own armor ability. It would disable enemy radars around you for a short period of time, but it would allow the player using the jammer to see their regular radar. just like the equipment in halo 3

• Like 1

It has to be weaker than the Halo 3 equipment though. Equipment was something on the map that you had to fight for. To be given something equally as powerful to use whenever you feel like is a bad move. That's why these aren't as strong as those pickup items. They are intentionally made to be that way.

I also think a cool idea would be to have a radar jammer as its own armor ability. It would disable enemy radars around you for a short period of time, but it would allow the player using the jammer to see their regular radar. just like the equipment in halo 3

Along those lines it would be nice if when you were using active camo it didn't jam your own radar. Always hated that...then I couldn't even tell where the enemy was. On top of it not actually being invisible when you were moving I rarely used active camo and will continue to not if it stays the same.

I agree with some of the posts on the topic. Mainly the idea of dropping the jamming from the camo and providing a new A.A possible a "jammer" one. The problem with the retecle though is either a sniper or a D.M.R will see you across the map and fire at you thus giving away your position. Happens to me more then once in a game unfortunately.

The camo could use a fine tune improvement, maybe better blend around the corners of the armor. but Active Camo is not the only A.A that has to fine tuned.

The jammed is fine. A larger radius would be nice but isn't necessary. It is very useful in areas with vertical play, as you can activate Camo and then drop down on a very confused player's head.

I didn't even know or consider the possibility that I would show up under the reticule. That is just plain stupid and explains a few of my deaths. That needs to go for sure.

Camo is not as useless as you might think, even with PV. First the PV only lasts for a short time. Second the Wetwork armor mod helps to prevent detection through PV. The problem with camo currently is people who don't have PV find active camo people just as easy as people with it.