TonyArnold2

Bring back Forge World and UNSC Falcon or Hornet or both!

Also make the current forge world bigger and better and add more money so that you can buy more stuff!

The reason there is a budget is because it stops your xbox from exploding. And I doubt that it is possible to code and design a whole new vehicle at this point of realese. But good points

People need to get used to the sizes, no map in forge world ever used the entire area and was fun to play. THFE proved this week with the impact rollercoaster track you can create huge race courses (if thats what people want). Those guys have even created variants with flying/floating ghosts and wraiths.

I'm slightly concerned with a few issues like file shares, missing gametypes and the dull offwhite wall textures, But people got around forges set backs in the past and I'm sure they will with this one.

Pelican I'm sure will be included to mp & forge in a TU. One of the dlc packs looks like an UNSC aircraft hanger, I can't imagine that without pelicans.

• 2 weeks later...

I bought Halo 4 mostly for forge base off of Reach and the new snap together pieces I saw in videos previews of the new forge. I was planning on buying extra copies of Halo so I could create worlds with my children but none of us want to even use it now. Sadly this will be the last Halo game I buy and even if they do release forge dlc I'm not going to pay extra for what I saw in videos of 343 programmers doing in previews of what looked like it was going to be included in the original game.

At first I thought forge in Halo 4 was the best in the series so far. Magnets? Duplicating? Wow! Then, however, I noticed an issue I just can't seem to shake off. The size of the maps. Not even on the grassy part of Ravine can you make a Blood Gulch or Hemorrhage type map. Sure, you can add additional areas to maps by laying down blocks, but it just doesn't look natural. The largest scale map I see coming out of forge would have a couple ghosts, some mongoose, maybe a warthog or two. I don't see any huge maps filled with wraiths, banshees and mantises providing some crazy, hectic fun. While I usually never forge maps of that size, I have played on some that were insanely fun. Despite the flaws I've listed above, however, I've found forge to be much more efficient for creating smaller maps. Making a map in the crack on Ravine, to making a map in the lagoon on Erosion can be made quite a lot easier with the use of magnets, duplicating, etc. Overall, forge was a disapointment for some, a welcome feature for others.

P.S- Why don't we have any golf clubs?

Yes at this moment the Halo 4 Forge sucks donkey balls unfortunately. The first thing I did after completing the campaign on Legendary was go to forge and make a nice long racing map... JK maps are horse poop and waaayyy too small. Not to mention the objects on the forge are also really bad. Ragnarok is the only map that could have possibility to make racing map but nothing to make it out of. :/

One of the first race maps I saw was on Valhalla back in Halo 3. If they could do it there, you can do it here.

The games already out and forge world isn't coming back.

Don't state something as if it's a fact with no proof to support it. 343i made no claim of whether Forge World will or will not have a place in Halo 4. Have you ever heard of DLC? It isn't impossible for future DLC to be released for forge. Enough people are disappointed as it is. It wouldn't surprise me if 343i does release a forge world. It was a mistake not to in the first place. I liked it when Bungie was in charge. At least they knew what they were doing and listened to their fans.

Halo 4's Forge...an absolute failure. Two massive steps back from what Reach's forge was. Hell, from what I've managed to do in forge already, it just looks like 343 took Reach's broken forge system, and multiplied it 100 fold. And I don't know if anyone else has noticed this, but everywhere you look on Erosion, you'll see some grotesque gaping seams. Some of them, you can flat out fall through.

Not only that, but 343 actually managed to destroy the definition of symmetry with this game. Doesn't matter how hard you try, on all 3 forge maps, nothing you'll do will ever make a map symmetrical, which you could easily accomplish in Reach. Symmetrical maps on Impact are next to impossible to create because of how terrible the broken forge system works on that map. Not even joking, using the nudge tool, or magnets will make a map look symmetrical enough, but if you just look at the map from above, it's blatantly obvious that the map you intended to be symmetrical is horribly out of proportion thanks to the forge mechanics.

Hell, just like in Reach, some of the "symmetrical" forge pieces you have aren't even symmetrical when placed on opposite facing sides of one another.

In any case, I don't care much for the size of the maps...I'm more focused on how 343 actually managed to take Halo Reach's broken forge system and made it even more broken with H4. I'm not at all focusing on the lack of gametypes, certain tools and other options Reach had...I'm just absolutely amazed by the fact how 343 literally managed to turn the forge system upside down on its head and in a 180, and gave it a nudge in the opposite direction of where Halo 3's and Reach's Forge systems went. What does that mean? That means 343 actually accomplished the impossible feat of regressing the mechanics of Forge, despite all of the advanced tech and programs they have at their disposal.

To put it simply; Halo 4's Forge is broken beyond repair, and has gone backwards on the evolutionary timeline of Forge. Halo 4's forge is far worse than anything that has been seen in Halo since H3. Nuff said.

Well I thought REACH was a joke, forge world was ok and I really like the new forge maps especially Revine and Impact in Halo 4, but the main reason they are smaller maps is to greatly help REDUCE frame rate for serious forgers. I can not even count how many times me and my friends had this problem and especially the texture's of the REACH pieces were horrible. Race was ok for forge world but building a solid map lacked because of frame rate . IMO Halo 4 Forge is a little more focused on more serious forgers, but whatever.

• Like 1

you see we are all so use to this massive map, to be honest i kinda got sick of one map to forge on, well we all asked for many maps that would be good for forge and we got it. But just because something isnt the way you want it you complain. its like you get an ipad and because its not blue you complain. Look at the space forge world, i love it, so much space to forge. If you want open areas look at the SPACE between the two station areas, its massive. Or over the water in one of the other maps, and the third has the reminisence of forge world guys. Be happy, our MP rocked, our campaign is a challenge again even on normal. Halo is back and up and running and we have an H2 and H5 and 6 on the way. Relax, we have room for so much more.

• Like 1

Halo 4 Forge definitely doesn't suck, admittedly it's not as much of a step up as I wish it were (and even a step back in a few ways) when compared with Reach, but there's a lot more that's better than is worse. I do miss the awesome size of the old Forge World, but Impact in particular offers plenty of space for stand-alone creations and I have yet to run out of room while building (it helps to carefully center whatever you're making from the get-go).

I can't imagine why they removed certain functions, but the sheer size of the old Forge World was preposterous and I'm not the least bit surprised it was done away with. Sure it was fun making maps that were ludicrously oversized (and having all that terrain to choose from when making smaller maps), but I can live with having a more realistic size limit on my creations (and as it is these maps are all quite sizeable, small only when compared to the immensity of the old Forge World).

I understand that Bungie spoiled people by giving us such an impractically large map (which even in Reach was pushing what the system could handle), but really it was a crazy (and foolish) thing for Bungie to do and 343 cannot reasonably be blamed for having not made the same mistake. No one would love having the old Forge World back more than me, but only if it could be done without pushing the system so hard as in Reach (which made anything forged prone to gltchiness and lag).

As it is with the graphics upgrade, such a huge map is that much more untenable and won't be possible without upgrading the Xbox hardware (a.k.a. Halo 5 on Xbox 720). To all those going on about how much they want the old Forge World back, don't blame 343 for giving us smaller maps, and don't even blame Bungie for giving us something so impractically enormous in the first place; blame yourselves for forgetting how impractically huge Forge World was and for expecting something similar in Halo 4. The short documentary I watched way back when about Bungie's creation of Forge World made it abundantly clear that even they thought they were crazy for trying something like that, and that many people on the staff outright said it couldn't and/or shouldn't be done. Forge World was awesome, but it was also insane, and 343 choosing sanity was the right move.

All that said, I haven't played any of the games with editors people in this thread have been praising so highly (besides Halo I haven't used a map editor since the original Starcraft), but they sound a lot better than Halo's and I can't deny I would love (at least in Halo 5) to have a completely revamped Forge made more like those, without any trace of the current system (which while I don't think it's bad, the current system is undeniably antiquated). Having a carbon copy of Reach's Forge was a let down, I was expecting more from Halo 4 than this. I can make do, but 343 definitely need to get their act together for the next game or I doubt I'll bother with it.

• Like 3

In my personal opinion i think they should have forge world part of the crimson map pack. Forge world was one of the things that made halo reach and i think it would be even more incredible on halo 4 with the new tools that are available. Another thing is look at all the incredible maps and art that people made, I think it would be smart for 343 to bring it back.

Does anyone know where/how to download user made maps in halo 4...I can't find them anywhere

They're found in people's file shares. If you press start and go down to file browser, you'll find file share search. Find who's map you want to play using this forum, YouTube or Google, then search for their maps using their gamer tag.

For instance if you were to search for my GT, in my Fileshare there is a map called Wild 'Goose Chase (in Ravine section), and a game mode called Sgreeeeecchh (in KingOThill section). You just need to download them to your hard drive (you need a HD), then you can access it via Custom Games and invite your friends!

• Like 1

:spam: WOW~!!!!! your outa ur mind forge in halo 4 is the best so far there is magnate duplicating locking and much more!!!!! :wallbash: damm ur crazzy.

if you ever want people to like what you're saying, i suggest you try to at least get your spelling close to correct.

not being nasty, this is genuine, honest criticism.

if you ever want people to like what you're saying, i suggest you try to at least get your spelling close to correct.

not being nasty, this is genuine, honest criticism.

sorry i was angry at my brother we had a fight im sorry for takeing it out on you and the reason i miss spelt words was also because i was angree sorry i was rushing.
  • Like 3

i agree. halo 3 was the **** and every great forge map came from halo 3. you could also place a variety of items such as wire spools, trucks, and other miscallenious stuff that made perfect for infection maps. also in halo 3 everyone would use crates, and open crate to build epic forge maps but now sadly you can only place up to 10 of them and in halko 3 yoiu could place up to 100 crates combined plus you could place barells and the jersey barriers would move when you hit them as well as the large crates but now 343 industries have just ruined it and every thing is the same dark daft color and in halo 3 everything was colorful and the ambient lighting sucks because if i build a house half the house is lit up and half the house is dark. so long story short the forging on halo 4 sucks and the maps and forging on halo 3 was waaaaaaayyyy better. 343 industries needs to do some rethinking in halo 5 because im gonna be really pissed off if they pull off the same crappy forging like in halo reach and bungie should make halo not 343 industries.

• Like 1