TonyArnold2

i found another glich in halo 4 when you put more than half capacity in it. it well lag for other player then you so you cant make much for private game what have they done also they took out the fuel tank off the ghost on halo 3 ,halo 3 odst , halo reach there is a blue sphree that if you shoot it right it blows up in one hit all so i dont remember having a halo that freezes so much i mean halo 2 -halo 3 -halo 3 odst -halo reach did not freeze before or even after it came out or had any updates what is it that they put in that made it to break are love for HALO IV!?

I agree; any forum you go to, people just nag and nag about all the minuscule things in the game. They even think that all of these 'issues' can be fixed at the sight of patch update.

I don't mind Forge; the only thing that irks is me the bluntness to the structure pieces. Just uneasy on my eyes >.<

people like you 2 are the reason the game is like this you dont tell them how you fill you lie and be all like Yesman and dont say any thing and hopping that a 343 well see you saying what ever you want to say so that you might get a little treat well spoiler you all are not why becouse you killed HALO.

so thank you {Grunt Minor , Brute Honor Guard ) but all we are doing is telling the players out there of the glichs so they wont waste any of there x-mas money on a game that is a twilight campain game that is bit most like halo 1.

yes, i 100% agree in that the maps are pretty sub par for LARGE forging ideas but they are a lot better for smaller forging, they look a lot nicer and they are more diverse and look nicer.

I am hopping they just werent able to release EVERYTHING all at once, ie some gametypes that arent in war games yet.

yes, i 100% agree in that the maps are pretty sub par for LARGE forging ideas but they are a lot better for smaller forging, they look a lot nicer and they are more diverse and look nicer.

I am hopping they just werent able to release EVERYTHING all at once, ie some gametypes that arent in war games yet.

They are going to be shifting gametypes around based on popularity. In other words, they will add some gametypes, and if they aren't popular then they will remove them and add different ones.

As for the OP, I half agree and half disagree. While I am kind of disappointed that we didn't get a massive forge world, I am happy that at least we get some different terrain to build on. Reach's forge world got really redundant really quickly. Same blue sky, same background noise, same green grass and rocks, even same forge parts. Not to mention that half the maps that were made were either too small or far too large to play on (seriously, BTB is one thing, but a slayer map that includes ALL of forgeworld? C'mon.) Honestly, I'm pretty happy with the forge that is in Halo 4. Some things I'd like to see in Halo 5 though, are:

1. More pieces to play with.

2. Able to change the pieces textures (i.e. from human to forerunner to covenant, etc.)

3. A massive blank map that you can edit the terrain on (they've done it on a PS2 game before, I just don't remember which one).

4. A "Delete absolutely everything on the map" button.

• Like 2

i admit they could have added something like forge world in addition to the 3 map. and i know the maps are smaller than forge world but the maps arent extreamly small. i know the cave is kinda small but that map is probably suposed to use the enviroment to make the map and theres a large cave under it. and impact only looks small when in monitor mode. once you get in spartan form you realize that the map is actually HUGE. its probably close to twice the sive of ragnorak

I don't get it... The forge is great. They added quite a few new objects, and the maps are fine for size. I do agree that there needs to be a few larger maps and maybe a few tweeks for the mechanics, but other than that forge is fine. If people would just do what THFE does. They didn't have a race gametype so they implemented a new way to get just about the same effect. You guys need to be creative with how you do stuff, think outside of the box for a change.

I don't agree. I think forge in H4 should be at least just as useful as it was in Reach. I feel 343 took a huge step back taking out so many custom game options. I was really looking forward to re-creating some of my more popular games/maps but I can't, and NO, getting creative DOES NOT FIX the problem. Some things you can't make happen at all with the new Custom Game settings.

I do like the new objects, I do like magnets and I do like the copy function. Wish they would allow grouping so you could copy a group but one things at a time. Please 343, just give us our gametypes back and we can deal with the crappy map options.

they did step back but not reach they took a step back all the way to halo 1 only thing is dif is the graphics oh plus .....

They are going to be shifting gametypes around based on popularity. In other words, they will add some gametypes, and if they aren't popular then they will remove them and add different ones.

As for the OP, I half agree and half disagree. While I am kind of disappointed that we didn't get a massive forge world, I am happy that at least we get some different terrain to build on. Reach's forge world got really redundant really quickly. Same blue sky, same background noise, same green grass and rocks, even same forge parts. Not to mention that half the maps that were made were either too small or far too large to play on (seriously, BTB is one thing, but a slayer map that includes ALL of forgeworld? C'mon.) Honestly, I'm pretty happy with the forge that is in Halo 4. Some things I'd like to see in Halo 5 though, are:

1. More pieces to play with.

2. Able to change the pieces textures (i.e. from human to forerunner to covenant, etc.)

3. A massive blank map that you can edit the terrain on (they've done it on a PS2 game before, I just don't remember which one).

4. A "Delete absolutely everything on the map" butto

The Director

if thats the case then im not keeping halo 4 ill sell it then becouse that sound way to dump. now to the people that do not agree with us i see 3 reasons why you are not

1. you are trying to troll Halo becouse when the new game workers step in 343 and made too big of a change in the story they took halo away and added Call of duty + twilight.

2. you have never once seen halo 2 - 3 - reach if you had you would be saying the same like all of us not like the noobs that have not once seen the goods of halo.

3. you dont care what they add becouse you all can mod it on how ever you like or want it to be but we cant becouse we want to earn it not mod it.

To respond to all the people saying things like "stop pointing out all the minuscule problems," this is a pretty big problem for me, and I think a lot of others. I LOVED Forge mode on Reach and it kept me playing Reach long after release. All they would have to add is a huge map with open space. Even just the same Forge World from Reach would be fine, we just need more space to have fun in.

I really hope that his isn't the case. At least, I hope that they add a new map, I really don't care about the theme as long as the map has space and not a crap ton of things in the way.

Also, this is more of a dream, but I do hope that the Forge for halo 4 comes out with additional tools in a kit or something. I'd be willing to pay for such a thing if it introduced things like mob spawners and other game changing tools.

I've been wanting something like a mob spawner since halo 3, I doubt they'd add one though.

I do miss Forge World... some things are really cool, like the trait zones, but all in all Reach's forge was a little better imo. Also, my biggest pet peeve, I hate not having that "click in the left joystick and move the building blocks slower" thing (I don't know what to call it...lol)

• Like 2

The one thing you guys dont understand is that Halo 4 is stretching the Xbox 360 engine enough with the graphics and physics in a way that reach didnt. Implementing big forge maps and letting people add hundreds of additional items is probably not gonna work till the Xbox 720. If you dont believe me make a big map with alot of items in H4 then spawn a grid and spin it. LAG IS THE ONLY PRODUCT

But i do agree for the old infection to be brought back

Err, well, all trolling aside, I too would love some better forge mode customization.

It is true that this is 343's first attempt at a brand new Halo game, but they had a LOT to work off of, that worked quite well.

I'm not quite sure why they /downgraded/ certain things rather than pushing the series further. This is Halo, something that has thrived not just from being a FPS with good gameplay, but EXTREME innovation. Forge specifically.

Now I'm not expecting them to be geniuses of Forge like Bungie was, but they should've at least tried to do everything that Bungie had.

Foundry started it as being a perfect blank canvas

Sandbox furthered it, using the skybox for tons of new possibilities.

And Forge World perfected it, opening up a vast realm of Forge masterpieces.

aaand then Halo 4 has a few big maps that you can make somewhat decent creations on.

Essentially, it's the beginning of Halo 3 all over again. Nothing that great, but it's still /kinda/ usable. Unfortunately, no masterpieces were really made out of opening Halo 3 maps like Valhalla or Last Resort without the help of Sandbox/Foundry.

Anywho, yes! I'd love if they kept pushing the series forward! I hope they add something better for Forgers soon. Aaaand, they should fix/add some of the gametypes, definitely.

Flood is nothing like infection was in terms of customization. A few notable gametypes are missing entirely that allowed amazing player-made gametypes to be born.

Otherwise, I really like some of the new stuff they've added. A lot of weapon customization, much better map design than reach, some interesting new gametypes.

I'm not totally bashing Halo 4 or 343 here at all. I think they've done a fine job for their opener to the game-design industry. However, there's a lot they removed entirely that were huge staples of the Halo franchise, and moreso, they were innovating, FUN staples of it.

I hope they bring it back! That's my two cents.