Server issues, Bugs, Errors, Post them here - Community info Topic

Community Info

this is my first halo ever..I teased the halo games for years but I gotta say I love this game, it is amazingly fun...my only problem with it is the severe lag...i find myself leaving room after room searching for games that dont have horrible hit detection(kill cam showing enemies getting thin air shot as registered hits/impossible melees) and 2 or 3 guys that are just plain immune to my bullets.not because of their skill,my shots are dead on(i have even kinda mastered the "halo jump")but because they are just plain old bullet sponges

please tell me this lag issue will be fixed soon

it seems sticky grenades sometimes stick and other times will "bounce" off of vehicles and other players especially if contact is made immediately after throwing, sometimes happens after a long distance throw though too... i have noticed what may be the problem as well....when you first throw a sticky i have noticed it is a standard grenade for a split second, and i have even seen it take form of the new promethian grenade as well for that first split second after throwing..... maybe the game isn't registering the grenade as a plasma grenade? or did you guys kinda "dumb down" the sticky grenade from it's predecessors? because even the blast radius isn't as good and the player has to be directly over it to get killed.....

Hey I actually found all of the terminals, but I never recieved the achievement and deleted my account, then recovered it and still no luck. I asked microsoft for help and they directed me here, my gamertag is cornanator07 can you help or contact microsoft, thanks.

got all of the terminals, no achievement, need help, done everything, including reseting my acount by deleting and recovering my account and still no luck, please help.

343 please fix these issues. Whenever a multiplayer match start, i'll go to the loading screen where there is the unsc logo, but it'll bring me back to the start page once the loading is done. i do manage to play some matches but is only after 20 plus tries then i'll be able to get in the match? To make things worse, it seems like those matches that i'm not able to get in are recorded down on my halo 4 stats as incomplete games and my defeats overview is looking really bad cos of it...So please do something about it 343. it's really getting annoying

• Like 1

just to be clear on how to reproduce having the game reset after going to the UNSC loading screen. Load a infinity slayer custom game on either Complex, Impact, Ravine or Meltdown and they fail to load and cause the game to reset. If you play these maps on War Games that's why you are disconnecting from the the game. One really weird workaround to this that I've had some success with is launching Halo 4 throughout Waypoint and then immediately loading a custom game of Complex, it will sometimes load and I was able to play on Meltdown in in the Dominion playlist by doing it this way.

• Like 1

So here's the situation, my xbox is telling me that it cannot read the Halo 4 disc. I have the older xbox 360. The disc is flawless, straight from the case to the console. I was able to play just fine the first day I bought it, but now its telling me it cannot read the disc. The problems began with multiplayer, it would load the map, divide the teams and when it would begin loading with the UNSC symbol it would just bring me to the Halo main menu time and time again. Then I tried to play offline on the Campaign and it would freeze when loading the mission. Eventually it got to a point where it tells me the disc cannot be read when the game is loading up and would divert me to the Xbox homepage. This is incredibly frustrating because the disc is completely clean. I looked up the situation online and found some people having similar or identical issues that I am having. I have tried the following in order to solve the issue, all have failed:

-Wiping the disc with a clean cloth

-Clearing system cache

-Deleting downloadable content (war games, spartan ops)

-installing the disc onto the hard drive.

And yet my xbox still is giving me error messages that the disc cannot be read. Oh, and ive swapped the first disc i got for a second copy and still same problems. Is the only thing that I can do is wait for some kind of patch, or for 343 industries to tell me that their game cannot be played on the older 360 models? Fubar.

Receiving the following message when going into matchmaking

"The halo 4 servers are not available. Please try again later. Matchmaking has switched to using the default playlist."

I've tried everything from restarting my console, to restarting my internet / modem and nothing is working.

My friend was also receiving the issue for a short period of time, although his was fixed at the restart of his internet.

Unable to connect to in-game parties or anything.

While there's an occasion where a game decides to connect, the only experience gain at the end is game complete. No victory exp, No score, No nothing.

Help would be extremely appreciated as i can't do anything involving multiplayer at the moment.

Alright so here's my problem. I played through the Halo 4 campaign in two days. Everything worked perfectly and I loved it and raved about it. So then I installed disc 2 with the intention of playing through Spartan Ops and doing some War Games. First thing I noticed on Spartan Ops is that a lot of sound, like music and dialogue is just gone. I can hear the little bursts of static from communicators but I hear no dialogue whatsoever. I posted about this on Waypoint and received no answer at all. I was willing to put up with being ignored because the campaign worked fine, War Games worked mostly fine, and I considered Spartan Ops to be a bonus, plus I could still use the subtitles. Then this morning I decided I felt like going through the campaign again. No music. No dialogue. I assume this has something to do with installing disc 2. I haven't uninstalled it yet, but really I shouldn't have to uninstall disc 2 every time I feel like playing the campaign. Again I posted about it on Waypoint and received no answer whatsoever. Which is disappointing to be honest. Is this a glitch or bug that can be fixed? Or do I need to get a new copy of the game? Also is this the best I can expect in customer service from Waypoint? Because as bad as customer service is these days being ignored entirely is a new low.

I know this is a common-place error, but I am receiving the "un-readable disc" error at the end of every matchmaking game. In turn, i must go to the dashboard and get back into matchmaking. After match concludes, i get "un-readable disc" and it is a never-ending cycle. Also, I get kicked to the start menu. I am on my third disc, and have played the discs on two different systems. The old gen (white) and the new gen (black/slim). I am not impressed at the time being.

Dustin Lindsey

p.s. I have installed the discs, downloaded from marketplace, and on the second set of discs I installed prior to playing. These are all of the recommendations that I have come across, and none are working : (

• Like 1

Does anybody know how to contact 343?

I'd like to say to them that they are a bunch of incompetents for constantly putting Americans and Europeans together in matchmaking, when the Americans always get host and it's virtually impossible for the Europeans to do anything. 343 should really consider doing something about this when games like Battlefield have proper servers to solve any problems like this. However, Dice being European understand the importance of servers, 343 being American probably don't know where the UK is on a map.

Thanks very much 343 for continuing to screw us over like Bungie.

I played the game until friday, it then decided to stop working for me. Every time I go into spartan ops/campaign (on or offline)/forge/theater or war games, the loading screen freezes, then sends me back to the main menu. I'm absolutely sick of it. I went to gamestop and got my disc replaced, which did nothing. I cleared my system cache, checked the cd for scratches, and even installed it to my hard drive. If I don't get a solution soon i'm just going to give up and sell it. Such a disappointment.

• Like 1

So, amongst the fair amount of bugs that I've found in the game, I've just found one that's *really* annoyed me. The achievement for "Get your Spartan IV to level 20" is glitched; I'm level 20 and it hasn't unlocked. As I can never, ever, become level 20 again, I can never unlock this achievement.

The cause of this is Halo Waypoint (Also in itself quite buggy). The extra terminals and the Raider armour that can be unlocked via Halo Waypoint also grant you exp bonuses. When I input the codes into Halo Waypoint, I didn't realises I was so close to a level up from 19 to 20. Not that I should matter I might point out. When I logged back into Halo 4 I was level 20. No achievement. I played a game hoping that simply going through the motions of gaining exp would unlock it. No joy.

This also occured to me in Halo 3, so you can imagine how annoyed I am at it having happened again.

So, is it possible to put in a fail safe to unlock the achievement? In basic logic if the process is something like this:

"When level becomes 20, unlock achievement" can it not be "when level is greater than 19, unlock achievement".

Worst case, can you reset my Spartan IV back to a previous level (Even level 1) so that I can rank up again?

I don't particularly care about my Spartan rank, but I do like a nice 1000/1000 gamerscore, something I obviously cannot get now.

I had an issue where I lost my internet connection while completing the Solo Legendary campaign, so even though I was awarded the achievment for beating it, my commendation list said I hadn't finished a level on Legendary. As a result I had to replay the Forunner level on Legendary in order to complete the commendation. That's about it.

kk, so I posted on twitter about this and did some reading through forums and what not. I think that I have discovered what is going on with me but I'm still not sure.

So...this is whats up....

1) I can not access certain parts of war games. I am getting a message that reads...."Halo 4 servers are not available at this time, you have been put into default server."

2) I cannot access Spartan Ops

3) I cannot join up and play with my friends

4) I cannot be joined by any of my friends

now....what i think it is that i am currently stuck on a "Fallback Server". If that is the case then i have been on that "fallback server" since the day after launch. I was able to join and play with other ppl all day tuesday, but come wednesday I have yet to be able to play with any of my friends, earn exp and I have wasted 1 of my double exp coupons because of this.

I have tried ALL of the hotfixes that players and devs have suggested and I have come up short.....I would luv some kind of answer.

i am also experiencing the same issues as fadinphoenix, the games says the servers are not available at this time and i cannot access spartan ops either and my pre order armor and some unlocks are unvailable. this issue has happened to me before but cleared up after a few minutes however today i have been waiting for 3+ hours and still have this problem. ( i tried restarting my modem and xbox multiple times and no fix) i am wondering if this problem occured because of the playlist update earlier...would really like to play some halo 4 :cat:

I dont have a probulam playing but I want to point out a glitch when playing on complex used alot in the game mode flood people and jump and crouch and go into a wall and hide i dont know if this has been adressed as of yet but its annoying and makes that map unfun and abit unfair to use