Server issues, Bugs, Errors, Post them here - Community info Topic

Community Info

I have also noticed a lot of people getting "temorarily banned from earning XP go to blah blah blah for details"

Well it appears nobody has ANY clue as to how long this "temporary" Ban lasts for. As well nobody has answers about any of these things. I myself got banned for being idle for a minutes while I left to get a phone call. heaven forbid that I quit a match cause I have to go out somewhere and I get banned for that too. This needs to be sorted or it should be made public knowledge how long a ban is for and for what reasons you will be banned temporarily.

I personally didn't even know such a thing existed considering I played a lot of Halo 3 but not much of Reach, I am mainly a BF3 person but have always like halo franchise.

On another note, Halo 4 has been a big disapointment to me online, Halo used to be maps where everyone started with assault rifles and pistols and you had to pick up beter weapons on the field. So it was a lot of close quarter meat grinders.

Now its just oh hey I got a DMR im going to sit here and pick ppl off from across the map. Now I know it sounds like complaining, but Ive read many a posts on Waypoint and talk to a few "Die hard" Halo fans of mine and they all agree, its one large sniper game which isnt any fun if you cant even walk in the open for half a second or get out of your spawn.

The weapons are severely Bias, the covie weapons do nothing but the BR and DMR just own everyone around, DMR most of all can just hammer people at a range and you cant even get close.

The Ban system is flawed in my mind as well as this Halo skill ranking but I agree and disagree with the skill ranking system.

Also I have read many complaints about the maps and how they have no "flow" and having vehicle combat in these maps is a waste cause you got no room to move barely. There are also things like grenades, frags are under powered, plasmas as well. and What ever happened to the "lunge" system where within two feet of a enemy you lunge with your butt stroke, I find point blank if your not looking at the guy perfectly. Your not making your melee attack.

There are also some flaws I found with "Active Camo" the jammer feature is supposed to show "multiple enemy" on the motion sensor if an enemy is cloaked near you, I have been killed by cloaked enemy but the jammer shows a crap load of friendlys around, or sometimes no jammer at all on my motion sensor and there is someone cloaked near by.

Regardless, Good points is Spartan Ops rules. Campaign is pretty good, Graphics are great improvement.

However, on sound and graphics, Assault rifle sounds awesome, magnum sounds wimpy as well as the BR and the Covie weapons.

Why does the Warthog sound like im riding a lawnmower into battle????

All and all I would have to say this game is not what I expected to see from having played Halo 3 a lot and Halo reach a fair amount, I also wish Halo 4 had firefight mode for people who cant play online all the time, playing campaign over and over is monotanous. So like I said through my novel here, the game I found to be fun but with all the issues, I found it to be very disapointing and was actually going to trade it in for a pre order of another game two days after release. Im going to give it a fair shake and see what improvements are made, BUT one thing that SHOULD be paramount....There are A LOT of fans out there and frustrated people with this game, not just myself having discussed these issues. People need to be kept in the loop and I think 343 should make maximum effort to keep the gamers in the loop with issues and things like HOW LONG A TEMPORARY BAN LASTS. Its important to know these things, because after 3-4 days of being ban, I just wont put the game back in my xbox for another month or so and then maybe itll be cleared up.

Dont treat the fans and players like mushrooms, Fed **** and kept in the dark.

In multiplayer, I continue to repeatedly a) get a "disc unreadable error"; B) get sent back to the main menu after a brief look at the UNSC loading screen; or c) get caught in an infinite loop of searching for and loading matches, without ever actually entering the match. This is on top of the campaing loading issues I've already noted in previous posts.

I hope these issues are being relayed to the development team in some form or another. There is clearly some problem loading the game on certain machines, and this issue does not carry over to other games. Frankly, I would feel much better if 343 would give some indication that this thread is being monitored and that these bugs were being actively worked on. Halo fans are used to a very involved community management team; a little of the same would go a long way towards alleviating some of the aggravation here.

im a night owl and i am very upset that lately it seems that during the night all the online modes suffer from severe lag issues... why? supposedly everything multiplayer was revamped to be faster and i see that in selecting teams and starting matches but evey single game i try to play is lagging like crazy. i can play like that but why the hell should i have to?

343 has taken 5 hours of my life this week without me playing a single moment of the game. first in trying to play split screen with friends in my house who do not have live accounts, you try to sign them in as guest and an error comes up saying that they do not have a valid live account. and second trying to play online with my brother when we both have NOT joinable locks on are accounts. We did the research opened up are NAT 3074 and other ports, became experts on are modems and still could not play online together. halo 4 is not a multiplayer game in any way i am able to make work. i play games on a console so i can stick a disk in and play, not spend hours in menus fixing settings. i trust the halo brand because it has always worked. no more. 343 you really bit the dirt on this one, fix it make it easy and simple to use get me out of the menu's and into your game, which i here is great, to bad i can't enjoy it with anyone else.

I'm having a pretty big issue as I bought Halo 4 mostly for my roommate and I to play (we played Halo 3's splitscreen online multiplayer for 3 years, at least every weekend for 8-16 hours, about a year's worth of Reach, etc.), but on any map larger than Haven or Adrift, the frame rate drops so much that the game doesn't become unplayable, but it is extremely difficult to play and land those 5th headshots since we're experiencing, at times, a full .25+ second frame rate lag.

For example, in Complex, if I am looking into the middle of the map and firing my DMR, my friend cannot do the same or it becomes impossible for us to aim and fire accurately and actually get kills, and team-shooting becomes a difficult task when it's one of the most intrinsic Halo stratgies for us. The same goes for Complex and nearly every single Big Team Battle map, and that's hardly something we can deal with on a regular basis. Heck, we both got into a Ghost once and I swear to you that we were almost a full half-a-second behind everyone else in the game, the frame rate was jumping around so much. However, with just 1 person on the Xbox, it's absolutely fine and perfectly enjoyable. If two or more of us are on the same Xbox, we've got to stay inside the buildings on Complex, etc., otherwise the frame rate becomes a tremendous hindrance.

Since I have more people to play with on one Xbox than I do over the Internet (we prefer to get together on weekends to play, a tradition we've kept since college days), this is a huge problem for us right now.

Is there anything being done to correct the large frame rate drops on larger maps?

Not sure if anyone else is having this problem, but when playing the campaign on my Limited Edition version, I can get up to the airlock just after you fire the missile to destroy the covenant ship on the first level, but then the game crashes and sends me to the start screen without saving my progress. I'm not connected to live at the moment, so it isn't that. I tried three times, all with the same result.

I got the achievement for unlocking the Chief's past the first time I played through, and it still shows as being achieved.

Can someone suggest a way to fix this please?

I just beat Halo 4 on Legendary solo and received all the achievements but no Mark VI armor and my service record says I am still in progress and have only completed the first 4 missions I do not want to play it again on Legendary solo for another 12 hours.

I'm having the same exact problem. I beat it solo legendary, got all achievements (lone wolf, etc.) but no armor! 343 needs to put out a patch asap on this. I see a lot of people running into this problem.

Ok heres my issue. I was just minding my own business in big team battle and my screen view has gone strange. My weapon is zoomed in, not through a scope or anything but my view is zoomed. My hud is fine however and is in perfect proportions.

This problem has carried over into a new game and it makes it impossible to play. Cant judge distance and turning is wild.

Really need a fix?

Thanks

More then 3 times a day when I play BTB and I have problems with the gameplay. My boyfriend and I play with our profiles on one console. We met a lot of weird enemy teams but one was very weird. We had to run and shoot with 3 people on one of them cause every time when we tried to shoot one, he teleported away. We got really mad about it so we started to run one one with 3 people and killed them. The enemy Team did cheat even more and started to teleport me in front of a wall all the time when i scoped one of them or tried to shoot them. When they could not kill me, they spawned me behind a wall or out of a building even when i didnt moved. Sometimes I also couldn´t run or use my amor ability while my boyfriend could. I had a lot of delays but I dont let those people ruin my game. I had to walk backwards when they teleported in front of me cause they tried to meele me. So i basically had to move backwards and hit in the air to kill them while they did that. It is not the truster pack they use. They can do this moves over and over. They did that to one other Teammate too who didnt played on our console. In the end of those matchs, this cheaters leave the lobby and the game freeze for some minute till it put us back in the lobby. I dont know what that is but it keep happening. It is very annoying.

Please do something 343i ! :mellow: :no :cray:

hi, today I got the ''Knight in White Assasination'' achievement, but I did not get the Knight helmet avatar award. there clearly stands 'unlick the ''knight in white assasination'' achievement to earn this award. but I did not get it. any suggestions on how to fix this?

Seeing a very low server list count (~500 people for Infinity Slayer) and I get randomly disconnected from games, almost like a netsplit, for no reason that I'm aware of. It will let my friends join my Party Chat, but we can't play a game together. The servers seem to be on the fritz overall for some reason. My NAT hasn't changed at all since I've played the game. 343 just likes to throw us random curveballs and give us no answers on any of it, it seems. How about some server fixes with patch notes?

I was playing a match one night when the game host left then we started back up and everything was ok then most of the players in the room dropped then the massive lag came then i glitch out of the game some how where the other team could see me but i couldn't see them my friends where fine playing no lag on there end and btw my nat is set to open and i have a T1 connection soo dont blame my internet for being suckie i have 100 meg down and i think my up is 15 or more ...