Halo 4's Campaign Disappointing

W467

I think Halo 4's story was great, but I can see why some people thought the Didact wasn't a good villain: you have to read the books or at least watch the terminals, if you don't, things won't make sense. And even if you read them some stuff still doesn't make sense: why did the Didact go straight to Earth after he got the Composer? "Don't worry, Silentium's gonna explain that!" I myself read the books or the wiki, but some people won't, so it's still going to seem stupid to them after Silentium comes out. You could of course make the argument that if they don't care about the story enough even to read a page on Halopedia, does it really make sense for them to complain about not understanding it?

When it comes to gameplay, I'd say it was good at what was, but that's all there was. Almost the whole campaign was small to medium-sized engagements. There were no huge, epic battles like in Halo 3 (assault to the tower to help Johnson, tanks/warthogs vs scarabs at the citadel). So more variety in missions, just like Spartan Ops. It's like eating only popcorn when you could be having popcorn AND a coke, if that makes sense.

So that's my opinion, after all that's what this forum's for.

• Like 1

Disagree with all this.

Halo 4s campaign was amazing!

That Is what  brought Halo 4 together In many ways.

Sure, there Is problems In the game

but either way Im not gonna complain with

the amazing game that 343 gave us and many other gamers.

343 <3 I love you guys!

please correct me if im wrong or/in something

I did like the game overall but not the campain, 343 maid, the humans (spartans) to overpowerd, sure they are super soldiers but srly? the elites is 7.4 - 8.6 feet tall and even they must have some good warriors? Cuz they dont look like they are a match to the spartans oir the humans overall (spartan ops cutscenes) wanna see more deaths of spartans as well.

We don't need the elites in halo any more sence they dont seems to do a sk** anyway or being a treat.

Whats up with this cortana dies thing? see comment on yt you should have told him you loved him... ITS AN AI dont think humanitys best soldier falls in love with an AI! When lasky an cheif talks and looks on earth and cortana is dead lasky says - cheif i wont pretend to know how you feel. I've lost people I care about, but never anything like you're going through.  ITS AN AI ffs not a human how can that even be worst then for say losing your brother and sister for an expl?

Some details, when the didact came to earth with hes ship, THERE WAS NO defence from the humans not a single missile was fired that day... all those base (macs) staiton they had in h2 where where they? (sure some was destroid in the war but not all and if they should have build new ones u couldent even see one) same when lasky and cheif talks and looks at earth

And second when the didact hold up cheif in the air he was like 10 meter out of the bridge and when he drops him he just could grab the bridge (would be better if he thrusted him self close the bridge) AND why dident didact just drop him? hate ending like that the ''enemy'' must talk the sh** out of him and then fail... did not see that one coming.

and when the didact talks at the end of the game -humans stand as the biggest treat in the galxy. Is that line sense the war agianst the humans? or isnt the flood the biggest treat? and what happend to the flood?

Make it easyer too the fans to fallow the story, and dont misslead, i playd halo sence Halo CE and love the story (and the games to reach) and you could follow it pretty good without reading all books.

I dident even thinkig of buy halo 4 but wanna give 343 a chance and they faild in my opinion. They better do something real good in H5 for making me even wanna waste my money on the new xbox to play H5.

Also gives us awensers about the war between the new prophets and the brutes agianst arbiter and hes followers and same as why the rebels (storm) dident want to fallow arbiter, and where do the  hunters,jackals and the other races stand? with side? or are they splited up as well?

OffTopic. How did they stop the flood from spreading in halo 3 when they came too earth?