Halo 4's Campaign Disappointing

W467

First of all i just lets name some things that are wrong in this game.

1) mulitplayer ...they just made it like Call of Duty.. (LIKE) not exactly

2) they killed a main character

3) the last boss we all were excited to beat into the ground...was a cut scene..

4) campaign was a lil to short and seem to have glitches

5) weapons..i exected more choices

we waited 5 years after halo 3 and 2 years after halo reach and this is what we get? im sorry this is a let down i expected more is it so hard to make a game for the fans? i thought this game would be amazing, so far everthing is a let down.

i know a lot of you will say for me to shut up but F*** you i want 343 to know they screwed up. if they make a halo 5 whitch i doubt since

(SPOILER)

he takes his armor off on earth and cortana is dead

343 note from me and my friends who beat the game and have been with halo since it was realsed ...we are dissapointed in this company to the point where if you make a halo 5 ...if cortana isnt back...dont bother making halo 5

Sykowolf, you of all people should know very well, that I can now pull tag data and prove, that the shader system and textures are no betetr than reach, and in some aspects far less than Reach. My ability is greater than 99% of the whole Halo community, not just this one. My issues are strictly researched and thought-out before I post a quarrel with it.

My point was trying to make you guys back off people who don't like it. Yes it was a harsh and straight forward approach...but that is what I am known for, and loved for. If it pleases everyone I will ask nice. Please do not clog up threads about people venting for their disappointment. It does not help, and only proves further how someone cannot can not come into a nice forum like this, and just vent and have a load taken off their shoulders. We are a community first and foremost....I expect better out of all of you.

Understood..... i know what you mean, and i shouldnt have jumped overboard either, sorry for that.

And yes, like i said, i know the graphics aren't as good as they could have been, However, this is there first game, and for the first made by 343i, it IS pretty darn good, you must admit

First of all i just lets name some things that are wrong in this game.

1) mulitplayer ...they just made it like Call of Duty.. (LIKE) not exactly

2) they killed a main character

3) the last boss we all were excited to beat into the ground...was a cut scene..

4) campaign was a lil to short and seem to have glitches

5) weapons..i exected more choices

we waited 5 years after halo 3 and 2 years after halo reach and this is what we get? im sorry this is a let down i expected more is it so hard to make a game for the fans? i thought this game would be amazing, so far everthing is a let down.

i know a lot of you will say for me to shut up but F*** you i want 343 to know they screwed up. if they make a halo 5 whitch i doubt since

(SPOILER)

he takes his armor off on earth and cortana is dead

343 note from me and my friends who beat the game and have been with halo since it was realsed ...we are dissapointed in this company to the point where if you make a halo 5 ...if cortana isnt back...dont bother making halo 5

Cortana may not be dead, and as for the Didact part, they wanted to make it more thrilling when you finally DO fight him

Understood..... i know what you mean, and i shouldnt have jumped overboard either, sorry for that.

And yes, like i said, i know the graphics aren't as good as they could have been, However, this is there first game, and for the first made by 343i, it IS pretty darn good, you must admit

Cortana may not be dead, and as for the Didact part, they wanted to make it more thrilling when you finally DO fight him

i put my controller down adn said F*** this i was promised a great gaem at E3 and this is what we get as fans! halo is a part of us as fans, i was hurt when she died why make a 5 when the fans are hurt and pissed and you killed a main character

i put my controller down adn said F*** this i was promised a great gaem at E3 and this is what we get as fans! halo is a part of us as fans, i was hurt when she died why make a 5 when the fans are hurt and pissed and you killed a main character

As i said, Cortana isnt dead. She is still alive.

Im just as much of a fan as you, but even i see the massive possibility of her living.

Remember, the Librarian had a hold of her for a while, she could have backed Cortana up somewhere... or she could be stored in the Domain like an ancilla (references to the Forerunner trilogy of books)

Remember, the Librarian had a hold of her for a while, she could have backed Cortana up somewhere... or she could be stored in the Domain like an ancilla (references to the Forerunner trilogy of books)

listen i understand but they arent gonna follow the books theyve already messed it up i mean at end of the credits t even says (we hope you enjoyed the journey as much as we have.)

giving meaning to the journey is over

listen i understand but they arent gonna follow the books theyve already messed it up i mean at end of the credits t even says (we hope you enjoyed the journey as much as we have.)

giving meaning to the journey is over

What are you talking about? If you mean Halo 3's ending, that was because they didnt plan on Halo 4 at that point, BUT left it open to make another.

If you mean Halo 4, you do realise they already confirmed Halo 5 and 6 right?

i agree and after having read so many of the books i feel they have butchered the storyline, but mostly i am repulsed by the call of duty fel they tried to throw into the game, overall i am very dissapionted with halo 4

i would also like to know of any body that has read all the books and is a huge fan of the 1st game what their opimion is of the linear storylines of the games are, after halo 2 i started to only like the books as far as the halo universes story goes

Finished campaign solo on legendary. Graphics were outstanding. Story was great. Didn't get stuck that much anywhere. Campaign was definelty too short. Took mabey 15 hrs to complete. BOSS FIGHT WAS THE WEAKEST!!!! I like boss fights like gears, where it so in your face, and takes quite a few tries. Cannot stress how disappointed in the boss fight i was. But ending on a positive, graphics and overall were GREAT.

Am I the only one here who actually cried when when !SPOILER! Cortana "died"? She is a very important character to me, and I don't want her to be gone. I don't understand how you could call Cortana a character that is not important. As many others have said, she made almost every choice in difficult situations and helped Chief. Yes, I am a male. And yes, I cried. We're talking real man-tears here.

• Like 1

SPOILER ALERT!

I was really upset that they killed off Cortana in Halo 4. I have been a major Halo fan ever since I was about 4 or 5. I have played every single Halo love Master Chief and Cortana but after reading the books I felt like I was best friends with them. I noticed some things at the end like her saying most of her was on that ship at the end and I hope they can bring her back and I mean her not A new Cortana. I have never cried during a movie or Game but I teared up at the end of Halo 4 and almost cried I felt like I just lost a close friends. I hope someone from 343 Industry see's this comment and it gives them an idea about the next Halo because I would be the happiest person in the world. I love Halo I love the Duo and relationship between Master Chief and Cortana and I'm upset that they are no longer a duo but now he is alone and I don't like that it didn't feel like Halo. :unsure: Anyone else feel the way I do about this?

• Like 2

I thought the story was okay but I didn't feel as invested in it like I did the other Halo games. I agree with what the other guy said about this feeling like Call of Duty. That was the same feeling I had from it. I felt more like I was playing COD 8 Halo Ops or something. The story felt like an after thought to the combat. The graphics were outstanding. I spent a lot of time just looking around at stuff taking it all in. My biggest complaint would be the audio. I actually checked my stereo system after the first time I got into the warthog just to make sure it wasn't messed up. Why couldn't they have used the audio sounds from the other Halo games? This actually took me out of the exprience and I gave a negative mark against 343 for doing it. Any why is everyone complaining that there wern't any boss battles? Thats never really been a part of the Halo games, you just get a massive amount of enemies tossed at you and have to fend them off or drive through some long tunnel or platform as it's blowing up around you. And yes Cortana will certainly be back. That scene with the Librarian pretty much assured that, they dropped way to many hints in there about flesh to digital conversions. True she might not have gotten it right when she was alive, but I'm betting that she had a lot of time to think about it and work on it over the eons (or her copy rather). My guess is at some point during the next or following game we'll find a repaired and upgraded Cortana to go with our recently upgraded M.C.

i loved the camp was one of the best i think. i really didnt like the "death" of cortana. bring her back plz and let the good doc fix her up. also has theMC not lost enough? if we include cortana "death" what freinds does he have left? i think only a 1-4 spartan 2 are left beside the cheif (ghosts of oynx), johnnson dies, miranda dies (not to close to a freind tho imo) and i think thats it. so bring cortana back so the MC can have one freind he can always depend on to be there for him

I would just let someone let ne know 4 things:

1. why is Bungie not a part of Halo any longer?

2. why is chief taking off his armor in halo 4 as if he is retiring?

3. Why is the covenant against chief after they made a big deal about them being in a great truce and the president of the UNSC and the head elite are thanking eachother at the end of Halo 3.

4. Why are they making a new character named the Didact and not leading up anything to him, and then killing him

3. Why is the covenant against chief after they made a big deal about them being in a great truce and the president of the UNSC and the head elite are thanking eachother at the end of Halo 3.

4. Why are they making a new character named the Didact and not leading up anything to him, and then killing him

1. Because they broke off of Microsoft and Microsoft has the rights to Halo

2. Because he is trying to be more "human", and he's not retiring.

3. This is a different faction from the covenant called the storm, and they still believe in the Great Journey.

4. He is not a new character. They have building up his character for 2 years in the books, so it was awesome seeing him in the game, and he's not dead. You can hear him talking in the epilogue.

• Like 2

1. Bungie's contract expired.

2. He needs to eat, sleep, and have it repaired.

3. The Covies we fought are part of a group called the Storm. They are designed to stay out of contact with their leaders for many years and do work in far away places. They probably don't even know that the war is over.

4. The Didact is not a new character. He is the head of the Forerunner military. To understand, you have to read The Forerunner Trilogy: Cryptum, Primordium, and Silentium. And who ever said that he's dead? Didn't you stick around after the credits?

People stop jumping to conclusions please. Cortana has been a staple character of the series since CE, so we will probably get here back in Halo 5, remember that the Librarian had cortana for a while, perhaps she stored Cortana on something.

Secondly, the Chief taking his armour off doesnt mean he is retireing, its funny that some people thinks he is.

It just means they need to repair his armour, he needs to eat and sleep and even go to the toilet, lawl

• Like 1

I liked the campaign in general, but the thing that kept kinda disturbing me is that yes, 343 was going to delve into Master Chief's inner story, but they also kinda keep on implying that he is only a normal human and this kinda goes against the super, "next mission", invincible figure we've seen in the past games. Not that it is a completely bad thing, I just think they went too far. So basically in this game they focused more on Chief's struggles than his achievements and I think they should balance both out.

they actually allude to the opposite. master chief is the next in human evolution. not sure if you caught that. and i'm sure what the librarian remnant did to him will have a huge impact. but that's for another post. halsey also alludes to cortana not being a regular human built AI. hint, hint.

1. Bungie's contract expired.

2. He needs to eat, sleep, and have it repaired.

3. The Covies we fought are part of a group called the Storm. They are designed to stay out of contact with their leaders for many years and do work in far away places. They probably don't even know that the war is over.

4. The Didact is not a new character. He is the head of the Forerunner military. To understand, you have to read The Forerunner Trilogy: Cryptum, Primordium, and Silentium. And who ever said that he's dead? Didn't you stick around after the credits?

amazing how many "fans" don't know anything about the story except for what they see in the games. gotta be fanatical to be a fan

Well I am just going to throw my two cents into the ring. I can't say I loved the game, but I didn't hate it either. I felt like of the two stories Cortana and the Chief was actually the main plot and the Didact plot was secondary. All the depth of the game was in Cortana's story, while the Didact and Prometheans felt like a generic enemy that didn't have much of a story but were use to build up the tension of Cortana dying. In fact the Didact does and says very little. How do I put this? I hated the Prophets, I wanted to crush the plant from little shop of horrors, I didn't give two ***** about the Didact. M yonly real focus was saving Cortana that was what was driving the plot for me. As opposed to the author of this thread I do like Cortana, and he seems to have missed several of her key moments in the Halo series. She has killed more flood and Covenant than anyone else in the Universe, and her plan in Halo 3 was the reason the flood were detroyed. She got the flood and Prophet away from earth and she set them up to be destroyed. I have always liked her character and felt the emotional impact of her death. To be fare I recently lost my best friend so there was going to be an impact. But I felt like I knew what the Chief was going through. That moment when he can't even look at her and he is blaming himself, you can't see his face but you knew what was going on behinf the helmet. He may be a super soldier, but that does not mean he does not feel. Saving the galaxy, going to war, fighting, saving the earth. Well that's his buisness, but Cortana? That's his friend and that's personal.

From an emotional context and theatrical point I thought the ending with Cortana was great. But in the back of my mind my brain kept going how is she generating a hard light bubble that can take a ground zerpo nuke blast? There is no device to actually generate the bubble because the ship has been blow away, no power source either. Not to mention how did the Chief live, he is holding the nuke in his hands when he detonates it, so how did he live? Emotionally the scene makes sense, outside of that the scene makes no sense.

Things I really did not like:

The Didact. 1 info drop mid game and that is pretty much all we get from him, not to mention no boss fight. He felt like a plot device to keep the chief from saving Cortana, he has zero character development or depth. Just a crazy, angry villian with a bad plan.

The Prometheans, a generic enemy with no character. Fun to fight a new enemy in Halo but they had zero character, just mindless drones.

The campaign was way to short and easy.

The soundtrack, are you kidding me? You might as well change the Superman theme.

The Captain of the Infinity. WTF was wrong with guy? How did he get command of the Navel flag ship. First your John 117, thee John 117. The hero of the galaxy. You save the Captain, the Crew and the ship and he treats you like dirt for no reason. His character felt forced, there was zero motivation for him to treat the Chief like that. Even the other characters in the game were looking at him like WTF dude, that's the Chief. Basically I flet like they made the Captain an idiot because if he had been a normal Captain he would have helped you and the campaign and story gets a lot shorter. So in order to extend the already short campaign they pull the old idiot plot out and proceed to beat the fans with it. Of all the characters he made the least sense of anyone. Or at least his attitude and actions did.

The Campaign felt like it was cut and pasted and didn't really flow well for me. It also got highly repetative with having to do the same exact mission over and over. Like the ending. Let me go to this platform, then three more identical platforms and do the same thing.

The maps felt small.

At times the game felt to quiet, and like nothing was going on. Not much dialogue outside of Cortana and the Chief. I miss grunts screaming "DEMON!"

The Pros:

It looked good, so of the fine details were done really well.

Character development of the Chief and Cortana.

The main voice actors.

The classic theme of "what makes me human."

Sound effects

I think they set up game 5 to be really good if it's done right, but this game felt less epic, and more personal which I believe it was suppose to. But I did miss some of those epic Halo moments, Like the Dawn coming in for a landing, the arrival of the Shadow of intent, the raising of a new ring. Cortanas death is not epic, it's personal and tragic.

Again I didn't hate the game, I just didn't love it and I usually love all things Halo. Between this and Reach I am actually looking forward to a happy Halo moment. Kinda of like that Happy moment I got at the end of ME3. You know the red ending. Although I don't think Bioware meant that to be happy. But I enjoyed it.

• Like 1

The Captain of the Infinity. WTF was wrong with guy? How did he get command of the Navel flag ship. First your John 117, thee John 117. The hero of the galaxy. You save the Captain, the Crew and the ship and he treats you like dirt for no reason. His character felt forced, there was zero motivation for him to treat the Chief like that. Even the other characters in the game were looking at him like WTF dude, that's the Chief. Basically I flet like they made the Captain an idiot because if he had been a normal Captain he would have helped you and the campaign and story gets a lot shorter. So in order to extend the already short campaign they pull the old idiot plot out and proceed to beat the fans with it. Of all the characters he made the least sense of anyone. Or at least his attitude and actions did.

I think he was just afraid, the Didac was a possible threat on a whole other level than he had ever had to deal with. So his first reaction is to go run back to the fleet where he would feel protected.

I think he was just afraid, the Didac was a possible threat on a whole other level than he had ever had to deal with. So his first reaction is to go run back to the fleet where he would feel protected.

I am sure he was scared and he even mentions he doesn't want the ship to get damaged. So again, how did this clown get command of the Flag ship? He just went the Covenant war with the flood I am pretty sure he is not in over his head sense the flood crushed his people. See when the earth or galaxy are in danger thats the military steps up, that's what they are trained for. Besides they just chased off the Didac, the dude was running from them. Honestly he is an idiot because the writer needs them to be in order to extend the plot. Not to mention nobody in the military would treat the chief like that. My god when command got word they would scewer him. Even his own people in the scene don't listen to him and he is fine with that. But he hates the Chief and doesn't want to listen to him for no reason. Everyone else is like yeah it's the chief we are going ot listen to him. They eventually come help him after the Captain gets relieved. Oh and easily blow a hole in the Didac ship. Why not just keep firing and destroy the thing. That would have been faster. Likee the Infinity does not have nukes and giant rail guns. They blew a whole in the ship with on shot, hello keep shooting. Again that would have ended the game to soon and they wanted the Cortana mmoment, the Didac didn't even matter he was a short cut scene, even the writers didn't care about him, they just wanted the Cortana moment. That moment was nice but the lead up to it was a mess. The script editor should be fired. How did he let this stuff slide? It's sloppy and cheap writing.

I am sure he was scared and he even mentions he doesn't want the ship to get damaged. So again, how did this clown get command of the Flag ship? He just went the Covenant war with the flood I am pretty sure he is not in over his head sense the flood crushed his people. See when the earth or galaxy are in danger thats the military steps up, that's what they are trained for. Besides they just chased off the Didac, the dude was running from them. Honestly he is an idiot because the writer needs them to be in order to extend the plot. Not to mention nobody in the military would treat the chief like that. My god when command got word they would scewer him. Even his own people in the scene don't listen to him and he is fine with that. But he hates the Chief and doesn't want to listen to him for no reason. Everyone else is like yeah it's the chief we are going ot listen to him. They eventually come help him after the Captain gets relieved. Oh and easily blow a hole in the Didac ship. Why not just keep firing and destroy the thing. That would have been faster. Likee the Infinity does not have nukes and giant rail guns. They blew a whole in the ship with on shot, hello keep shooting. Again that would have ended the game to soon and they wanted the Cortana mmoment, the Didac didn't even matter he was a short cut scene, even the writers didn't care about him, they just wanted the Cortana moment. That moment was nice but the lead up to it was a mess. The script editor should be fired. How did he let this stuff slide? It's sloppy and cheap writing.

Because the Flood were an enemy he could understand. Yes they were winning the war, but their tactics, tech, and so on were things that wern't THAT Far ahead of what UNSC had. After he head the report from Cortana and the M.C. he probably about s*** his pants. And he wouldn't be the first ship commander that cracked under pressure. You can go back and read some books on WWII where commanders locked up before or during a battle. It happens.

• Like 1