The maw, covenant?

Jerry

Im playing through all the halos campaign now before halo 4 comes. out. But when i played through CE in the last missioin, the maw, i started wondering, what does the covenant do on pillar of autumn? are they just searching for intel or why are they there?

• 2 weeks later...

When you get to the elevator near the end, there is an elite with 2-3 grunts depending on difficulty. His name is Zuka 'Zamamee and he was hunting John on the whole game, but he is not seen.

Correct.

I highly recommend that you read The Flood which is the second novel of the original trilogy of Halo novels.

While it is mostly just repeating what you see in Halo CE, it does fill in the necessary gaps. I wont spoil anything but you should check it out OP.

• 1 month later...

if j read the flood an elite tried to kill jhon throught the whole book and game and some edemy encounters are explanied as they were there to kill him so the elite and his grunt boared the atturm with other covies already there kinda lika cult and the flood started boarding eventry jhon flew in his banshe and mad it to the attum and the elite set up a trap 4 him but was killed

• 2 weeks later...

nope agin covies were there oringal but then the humans wetn and sucred the auttum took wepons supplies etc and whent back to base then covies running from the covies becase these covies were rougue hid in autttum

this info is from the halo novel flood

There wasntr a rogue group of covenant. The book does not ever outline this info. The covenant AFTER the raid are reinforcements sent to reinforce the ship and fight flood infesting it by that point.

I dont know where you et the rogue group from.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

well they first went there for intel about earth or to capture cortana and to kill chief and to capture the remaining crew like keyes. then obviously the flood came to get off the ring but the covenant wanted to use it to escape and it got infested by flood then chief came along and just blew everything up while escaping himself with a hog. i just don't get, why didn't the covenant just escape with the wart hogs and the long sword that chief escaped through or with?