Why didn't anyone think of this before??

Mr. Bashful Brute

Boarding Hunters!! That was the most amazing thing I had ever seen.

post-17805-0-21499200-1351933217.png

Seriously. Instead of the pain of the little dance you normally do with Hunters to kill them, what about boarding? Only if you have a grenade, though. Simply walk up to the Hunter, "Hold RB to board Hunter", and shove a grenade in its back! :drool:

• Like 1

How good did the hunter look, I don't understand why they went to that much effort to only show it for 30 seconds, its like the tease at the very end with the whole infinity and its fleet.

Why EPs 1 to 3 just had teens sitting on their bunks for most the duration, when we could have had all the neat things from ep4/5 for longer.

How good did the hunter look, I don't understand why they went to that much effort to only show it for 30 seconds, its like the tease at the very end with the whole infinity and its fleet.

Why EPs 1 to 3 just had teens sitting on their bunks for most the duration, when we could have had all the neat things from ep4/5 for longer.

Probably just cheaper for them to put in. Notice how whenever you saw one of the covies it was foggy or really dark? They didn't want us to have a good long look at them

Because it cost more $$$$$ for 30 seconds of that hunter than 45 minutes of teens sitting in bunks.

Boarding hunters in the game has been thought of before but never implemented.

I, personally, wouldn't like it. It's a cool feature, but it makes the mini-boss encounter a simple "X" "L" combo, instead of an actual mini-boss encounter.

Maybe if they fine-tuned the hunter to have good defenses against someone boarding it, then it would add to the variety of challenges with the hunter.

• Like 1

I, personally, wouldn't like it. It's a cool feature, but it makes the mini-boss encounter a simple "X" "L" combo, instead of an actual mini-boss encounter.

Maybe if they fine-tuned the hunter to have good defenses against someone boarding it, then it would add to the variety of challenges with the hunter.

Agreed. It's like the only enemy in the games you can't assassinate/ kill in one hit. Plus it's pretty slow, so it wouldn't be hard to pull off :/ In op's defense though, it would be an awesome animation!

Agreed. I thought of this as well. It would take away the challenge of it. Maybe if they added counters that the Hunter could do? Or disable it on Heroic and above?

Agreed. I thought of this as well. It would take away the challenge of it. Maybe if they added counters that the Hunter could do? Or disable it on Heroic and above?

Or possibly add it as a finishing move after you've already worked it over the ol' fashioned way? I know that they've added assassination moves to Halo 4 already so that wouldn't be too far fetched. On another note, I think it would be hilarious to be able to ride the hunters around like horses, leaving squished grunts and jackals in your wake.

• Like 3

Or possibly add it as a finishing move after you've already worked it over the ol' fashioned way? I know that they've added assassination moves to Halo 4 already so that wouldn't be too far fetched. On another note, I think it would be hilarious to be able to ride the hunters around like horses, leaving squished grunts and jackals in your wake.

Basically assassinating a hunter?

There's an idea Sierra, maybe if you defeat a hunter (under certain conditions) you can hijack the hunter and charge it around like a cyclops from God of War and the finish of the sequence would be shoving a grenade into an unfriendly place. Of course something that awesome would have to be one off, it would have to be the mother of all hunters. If you ran into that over and over it would be tedious and lose meaning. Perhaps a cut-scene or something.

I just the like the idea of sneaking up behind a hunter and shoving a grenade in its back or meleeing the worms in its back. Of course this would mean they would have to gain better area awareness, but I'm not a big fan of boarding the,. Remember, they're still a covenant class, so they should be treated like one

I just the like the idea of sneaking up behind a hunter and shoving a grenade in its back or meleeing the worms in its back. Of course this would mean they would have to gain better area awareness, but I'm not a big fan of boarding the,. Remember, they're still a covenant class, so they should be treated like one

Yeah I think it would be a little embarrassing to actually be able to ride one around lol, I just thought it would be something funny as a mod perhaps.