•  

Toggle shoutbox 343i Community Shoutbox

@  Halo6 Follower : (24 January 2020 - 05:31 AM) :P
@  Halo6 Follower : (24 January 2020 - 05:31 AM) Nope, insta ban
@  Halo6 Follower : (24 January 2020 - 05:31 AM) lol
@  The Director : (24 January 2020 - 05:19 AM) Although I'm guessing the rule against necroposting has become a bit lax as of late.
@  The Director : (24 January 2020 - 05:19 AM) There are only like 5 threads that posting in wouldn't be considered necroposting lol
@  343iBot : (22 January 2020 - 02:38 PM) Welcome to the forums, Black Pantherr5! :welcome: View Black Pantherr5's Profile
@  Halo6 Follower : (22 January 2020 - 05:59 AM) Yo! Welcome!
@  TyrionGael : (21 January 2020 - 04:13 PM) Hey I'm new
@  343iBot : (21 January 2020 - 04:13 PM) Welcome to the forums, TyrionGael! :welcome: View TyrionGael's Profile
@  Maestro : (20 January 2020 - 08:56 PM) report them and they'll get the Thanos special
@  Maestro : (20 January 2020 - 08:55 PM) they're bots :split:
@  343iBot : (20 January 2020 - 02:57 PM) Welcome to the forums, Thomasarics! :welcome: View Thomasarics's Profile
@  Ardent Prayer : (20 January 2020 - 02:40 PM) Goodness that's a lot of...new people that hopefully aren't bots?
@  343iBot : (20 January 2020 - 01:29 PM) Welcome to the forums, Wathewxx3xAnedy! :welcome: View Wathewxx3xAnedy's Profile
@  343iBot : (20 January 2020 - 11:00 AM) Welcome to the forums, LeaPichet! :welcome: View LeaPichet's Profile
@  343iBot : (20 January 2020 - 04:36 AM) Welcome to the forums, Brianpak! :welcome: View Brianpak's Profile
@  Mothy : (20 January 2020 - 01:03 AM) Howdy
@  ajjustin : (19 January 2020 - 01:09 AM) thanks!
@  343iBot : (18 January 2020 - 11:46 PM) Welcome to the forums, ajjustin! :welcome: View ajjustin's Profile
@  343iBot : (17 January 2020 - 03:42 PM) Welcome to the forums, abevetzeqatek! :welcome: View abevetzeqatek's Profile

Photo

Discussion on Master Chief and the other SPARTAN soldiers

Master Chief Age Forward Unto Dawn Part 5

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 GoodGuysWearBlk

GoodGuysWearBlk

Jackal

• Members
  • 8 posts
Liked
  • Gamertag:GoodGuysWearBlk

Posted 02 November 2012 - 08:41 PM

Hello everyone! I just finished the last episode of the FUD series, and the final moments were quite interesting to me. In the pelican on their way off of the planet, the SPARTAN soldiers (nix Master Chief of course,) remove their helmets to show very young faces. Now I read the first Halo novel but quite a few years ago. I do, however, seem to recall that the SPARTAN soldiers don't face the Covenant until a few years after their augmentation, and I remember their augmentation being around 15 or 16 years of age. Am I remembering wrong? I suppose it's possible that they weren't intentionally supposed to look young, I mean the main actors and actresses all look like they're still in grade school to me lol. How old are the SPARTAN soldiers supposed to be in this series?

#2 Sierra1117

Sierra1117

343 Guilty Spark

• Dedicated Members
  • 867 posts
Trusted
  • Gamertag:TSMMG
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 02 November 2012 - 08:51 PM

Hello everyone! I just finished the last episode of the FUD series, and the final moments were quite interesting to me. In the pelican on their way off of the planet, the SPARTAN soldiers (nix Master Chief of course,) remove their helmets to show very young faces. Now I read the first Halo novel but quite a few years ago. I do, however, seem to recall that the SPARTAN soldiers don't face the Covenant until a few years after their augmentation, and I remember their augmentation being around 15 or 16 years of age. Am I remembering wrong? I suppose it's possible that they weren't intentionally supposed to look young, I mean the main actors and actresses all look like they're still in grade school to me lol. How old are the SPARTAN soldiers supposed to be in this series?

the Spartans received their augmentations at the age of 14, and a couple months afterwords recieved the Mark IV Mjolnir Armor

#3 bozweby1

bozweby1

Promethean Knight

• Members
  • 124 posts
Liked
  • Gamertag:chainhand
  • Locationoklahoma

Posted 03 November 2012 - 02:57 AM

their first ingagment with the covanant was within hours of recieving their armor
"They told me to fight, and that's what I've done. Let historians sort through the wreckage, bodies, and broken lives to figure out the rest"
-Admiral Preston Cole

#4 WonderWombat

WonderWombat

SUPER Arbiter

• Dedicated Members
  • 1,237 posts
Dedicated
  • Gamertag:W0NDERW0MBAT
  • LocationOhio, USA

Posted 03 November 2012 - 07:12 AM

They are most likely 14-15 during that Pelican ride.

NwA4a.png

The Shoutbox can't even handle me right now.

#5 Sierra1117

Sierra1117

343 Guilty Spark

• Dedicated Members
  • 867 posts
Trusted
  • Gamertag:TSMMG
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 03 November 2012 - 11:54 AM

They are most likely 14-15 during that Pelican ride.

yeah, in 2526 they were 15, so Lasky is older than them

#6 GoodGuysWearBlk

GoodGuysWearBlk

Jackal

• Members
  • 8 posts
Liked
  • Gamertag:GoodGuysWearBlk

Posted 03 November 2012 - 06:44 PM

Strange to think about! I'm guessing the recruits at the academy are young as well though, they can't be over 21 by the looks of them.

#7 bozweby1

bozweby1

Promethean Knight

• Members
  • 124 posts
Liked
  • Gamertag:chainhand
  • Locationoklahoma

Posted 03 November 2012 - 11:57 PM

the academy is a military school to "groom" the cadets into future military personel, their not active duty soldiers
"They told me to fight, and that's what I've done. Let historians sort through the wreckage, bodies, and broken lives to figure out the rest"
-Admiral Preston Cole

#8 [email protected] FloreZ

[email protected] FloreZ

Promethean Knight

• Members
  • 123 posts
Liked
  • LocationSan Diego, CA

Posted 10 November 2012 - 01:43 PM

The spartans had really harsh pubertys, and only half of them survived it.

"A soldier shouldn't be honored for what he was expected to do" - Master Chief

"A spartan cant have his own baggage...his own weight...theres just no room...he already carries all the weight of humanity on his back." - Chief Mendez

Posted Image

#9 SykoWolf

SykoWolf

The Old Wolf

• Dedicated Members
  • 2,244 posts
Heroic
  • LocationAustralia!

Posted 11 November 2012 - 07:39 PM

Yeah they are pretty young during FuD, but its odd that Laskey looks UP to someone who is younger then him

(Insert Signature Here)

#10 Penrole

Penrole

Drone

• Members
  • 21 posts
Liked

Posted 12 November 2012 - 01:10 AM

Yeah they are pretty young during FuD, but its odd that Laskey looks UP to someone who is younger then him

Well... Keep in mind that "Respect" or "Awe" is not gained by age. Its gained by experence and Knowha. If you look at WW2 for instance, you would find that thire might be a 26 year old looking up to a 19 year old simply because the 19 year old is a vet and the other guy is a rookie. You could even take Medal of Honor recipients for example. Even Officers should salute an enlisted man with the Medal of Honor. it's not because hes older, its because he has done something DESERVING that respect.

sierra 117 got it right. They were 15. A good way to see that it was "after" they got there suits is that Sam would have been there instead of Fred. John, Kelly, and Sam made up a single spartan II team (and as far as we know they were the only ones there.)
Halo is eternal. Time is not.

#11 Caboose The Ace

Caboose The Ace

Loyal Stormtrooper of the First Order

• Dedicated Members
  • 5,246 posts
Heroic
  • Gamertag:Caboose The Ace
  • LocationStarkiller Base
11                      2         

Posted 12 November 2012 - 02:52 PM

when they took there helmets off they all looked at chief and chief said

**** u guys im not taking it off

tumblr_inline_o0lut5Boyj1qz9e28_500.gif

#12 RooneyFan

RooneyFan

Grunt

• Members
  • 2 posts
Neutral
  • Gamertag:RooneyFan05

Posted 13 November 2012 - 04:24 PM

There is some significance to the gesture of a Spartan taking off his or her helmet isn't there. Its been a while since I read the Fall of Reach. Is that Fred in the Pelican.

Man I hope they bring the remaining Spartan II's into Halo 5.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Master Chief, Age, Forward Unto Dawn, Part 5

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users