Future of COD

Real Talk

So what does everyone think will be in the future for CoD? I mean they have hit the future with BO2.

Will they keep on going and blow up the world? Or will they go back in time to the Stone Age?

My thoughts are that aliens will be introduced within the next 2-3 CoD games :laughing: .

200 yay

• Like 1

So what does everyone think will be in the future for CoD? I mean they have hit the future with BO2.

Will they keep on going and blow up the world? Or will they go back in time to the Stone Age?

My thoughts are that aliens will be introduced within the next 2-3 CoD games :laughing: .

200 yay

lol CoD with aliens (that would be the worst version of halo ever)

Just like Activision tried to milk the Guitar Hero games and the Tony Hawk franchise, people eventually will start getting tired of COD at this rate, but for this to happen however, first person shooter developers need to start developing some unique quality shooters that don't copy the COD formula.

I think CoD will survive for a little while longer. As long as they can update their guns, maps, and campaign, people will buy it. Just like Madden, WWE, and any other sport's game. I want to throw BF into this category as well. As long as the costumers pay for it, it will be made.

As Magnus said they will continue to milk CoD as they did Guitar Hero (I really liked Guitar Hero :( ). It wont matter if they re sell the same thing over and over again and produce a story that makes no sense. They will milk it until their cash cow cant produce anything.

But I still think a lot of people will still like playing CoD for a few more games.

You could say the same for Halo. every game featured a Covie vs Humananity approach adn they changed things up just as little as CoD did. CoD is not really a fantasy game as they tend to take a more "realistic" approach. You cannot deny that the CoD games have great storylines attached to them. MW beign a great example. The way they tied all 3 together with #3 was just fantastic.

CoD is going to be around for quite some time. Do I see aliens gettign invloved....no. We have plenty of great human conflict here on our planet that could keep the CoD franchise spinning for decades to come. the only question to really ask is, "How will they adapt the multiplayer to meet the future needs of the newest generation of FPS gamers?"

You could say the same for Halo. every game featured a Covie vs Humananity approach adn they changed things up just as little as CoD did. CoD is not really a fantasy game as they tend to take a more "realistic" approach. You cannot deny that the CoD games have great storylines attached to them. MW beign a great example. The way they tied all 3 together with #3 was just fantastic.

CoD is going to be around for quite some time. Do I see aliens gettign invloved....no. We have plenty of great human conflict here on our planet that could keep the CoD franchise spinning for decades to come. the only question to really ask is, "How will they adapt the multiplayer to meet the future needs of the newest generation of FPS gamers?"

True , True, however COD has always been more of a MP game, whenever they changed something , it was MP related. Unlike Halo, which changed both thing for MP and SP. Either way, Black Ops 2, looks to bring a little more life to the campaign...hopefully

All Halo multiplayers had a diffrent "feel" to them.

CoD has been the same thing with new skin every year. Personaly, I am getting tired of Modern shooters, just like how 6 years ago people were tired of World War shooters. But I think its been a very long time that they didnt do WW2 that I think another one would be a bit more fresh.