which is better halo 3 or halo reachj

bamshadabedi

Halo reach had a good storyline but not as great as halo 3. MP Halo reach dominates imo the btb heavies could have been better if there werent random suicides happening lol. but overall both were good in their own way,

Halo 3's campaign was way better, thats not to say Halo: Reach's was poor. Halo 3's campaign was deep. it effectivly showed the hardships Cheif faced without Cortana's help, and how he learned that the Arbeiter was as much a victim as him, and how they became freinds against impossible odds, and how learned the Elites could be trusted, given the chance. His emotional reactions are displayed well, given that you can't see his face. And when he is re-united with Cortana, the game essentialy re-ignites the Halo CE mission 'Two Betreyals', to reflect their reunion. The Halo: Reach campaign effectively portrays the fall of Reach, against the Spartans and Reach itself. The way they kill off Jorge first is excellent at portaying that the toughest can fall first, as he is a Spartan II. It also had a very sad ending, seeing your own Spartan make a last stand, knowing he will fall. The way the feelings of Noble Team reflect as they lose more members is also well done.

As far as multiplayer is concerned, Its a little more complicated. Halo 3s multiplayer is often said to be flawless, which in many ways, it is. Effectivly balanced weapons, vechicles and equipment, good selection, and good, original maps or well chosen remakes.

Halo: Reach's multiplayer, however, had very mixed reveiws. Some of Bungie's ideas were good but they were weighed down by the bad ones. The basic maps were recycled from the campaign and remakes were made on Forge World so the rotation of the satelite on Acension didn't happen. they basic maps were ultimately quite poor and only a small number were really in any way well made for multiplayer. The number of overpowered Items was high. The Armour Lock being the most infamous. Explosions were too powerful, and many balanced aspects from the beta were toned down for no reason (Plasma Luancher tracking) and many overpowered aspects were left untouched (as previously mentioned, Armour Lock). The good aspects included the addition of sprint, intresting new vechicles, much more armour customisation. The ranking system required no skill whatsoever, all you had to do to rank up was play the game alot. MLG even dis-agreed with the changes and removed it from its leagues.

So in my opinion, I have favourite aspects from both games, but i'd have to say Halo 3 was better, it was more balanced, better story and It had better maps.

The one thing i didnt really like about reach was on the heavies maps there would always be a lag as opposed to normal BTB maps.. not to mention on asphalt you get hit with random suicides left and right... talk about annoying, other than that it was a good map.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 5 months later...

The campaign in halo 3 was beautiful and the story was awsome. No disrespect to the chief But I really like the idea of playing as someone other than mc. Not only that but being able to customize your Spartans gender and armor in reach was someting very new and something that i enjoyed.