Thoughts On Multiplayer Maps and Discussion

Blue_Cheese

Now that we've at least seen the reveal of all ten Halo 4 multiplayer maps; Abandoned, Adrift, Complex, Exile, Haven, Longbow, Meltdown, Ragnarok, Solace, and Vortex, what is your reaction? Granite, most of Halo 4's fans have not been privy to experience these multiplayer maps hands on, but i'm sure everyone still has an opinion based on what has been seen and described. Are you pleased with the end result of all of these maps, or is there an art direction or map layout type that you would have liked to see that was not included? What map interested you the most, what map interested you the least?

(this is just meant to be a fun discussion in anticipation for anyone who is excited to play Halo 4's multiplayer) :D

I'm just excited that we will actually have some maps with vehichles again

Hell yeah totally agree, looks like they're really showing the love for BTB, CTF and more bigger objective game modes in 4. Exile & Complex look heaps of fun.

Haven is probably the map that I'm looking forward to the most.

Oddly Haven seems to me the dullest of the lot, 4x4 in a circular almost Zealot style. The forerunner setting looks to offer nothing visually new.

My opinions on the maps could change of course after playing on them a little.

I love how the maps are designed and how much art and thought has gone into the production of the maps. Haven is probably the one I'm looking forward to the most because it looks like it will promote more fast-paced gameplay.

My question is, where is the love for smaller, symmetrical (or at least semi-symmetrical) maps from 343? These maps almost always play the best and the fast-paced gameplay certainly makes things exciting. Maps like Zealot, Countdown, Midship, Warlock, Lockout, Guardian, The Pit, Construct, etc. are all great maps that played very well.

Oddly Haven seems to me the dullest of the lot, 4x4 in a circular almost Zealot style. The forerunner setting looks to offer nothing visually new.

My opinions on the maps could change of course after playing on them a little.

That surprises me a little , it definitely doesn't look duller than Boardwalk and Sword Base. I'm sure you'll at least enjoy it somewhat in two weeks :).

I'm not terribly excited about Ragnarok, that definitely wouldn't have been my choice for a Halo 3 map. At least now there's DMRs, I hate long range BR battles.

I love the look

I love how the maps are designed and how much art and thought has gone into the production of the maps. Haven is probably the one I'm looking forward to the most because it looks like it will promote more fast-paced gameplay.

My question is, where is the love for smaller, symmetrical (or at least semi-symmetrical) maps from 343? These maps almost always play the best and the fast-paced gameplay certainly makes things exciting. Maps like Zealot, Countdown, Midship, Warlock, Lockout, Guardian, The Pit, Construct, etc. are all great maps that played very well.

I remember how much I used to hate the look of the Pit before Halo 3 came out but it became my one of my favorite Halo maps of all time. Anyway, I'm crazy excited for Haven.

• Like 1