Who is downgrading to Standard Edition?

Ventus

Are you downgrading to Standard Edition?  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Are you downgrading to Standard Edition?

Is that confirmed ?

I'll be honest I'm mighty pissed off the LE package is much slimmer than what I had originally thought, the least they could have done is give us FUD, its behind the scenes feature and that making of Halo 4 on DVD. There's zero point streaming it for me, like already mentioned if I wanted it streamed I could have just watched the waypoint youtube clips seperate.

I would have probably downgraded and bought the SE and UNSC controller for around the same price as the LE, and picked up the retail map pass to get those extra helmets and emblem at a later date when the 1st pack is released. But I've regrettably already paid for it.

Yea a big dissapointment was the streaming of FUD instead of getting a disk.

I'm sorry but this isn't always true (example http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Halo-2-Limited-Collectors-Edition-Complete-GC-Xbox-360-Fast-Post-/160902270528?pt=UK_PC_Video_Games_Video_Games_JS&hash=item257685ce40 Halo 2 is 8 years old and is selling from abour £4 for the limited edition)

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, some value in game items that they can show off to the masses of players online more than items that will lay on a shelf to be viewed by friends and family. Monetary value doesn't play into it, it's more of a value of personal pride and joy.

(before you rage at me, please note that I am not downgrading - I just see the viewpoints of both arguments.)

I understand it can happen sometimes, but you have to see that it is not very common, on a regular basis, old LE games are worth quite a bit, some more then others and all that stuff.

Also, Halo 2 LE didn't come with anything but the steel case if I remember correctly, Halo 4's LE is pack with all sorts of things halo collectors years from now, will go crazy for and be willing to drop the extra moolah to get it.

I remember a time when the only thing special about LE versions of games, was the case it came in. Ooh, so that one helmet you never see ingame is no longer exclusive, better downgrade now because it's a waste of moneyz...

What about ALL the awesome stuff that comes with it:

Steel Case(sickness)

Poster things(schematics or w/e)

Basically a discount off all the things combined

The physical items will be worth a metric **** tonne of money in the later years, and your gonna pass up all the potential profit because some helmets aren't exclusive it to it.

I mean come on people..

Physical items will be online within a week at the most after Halo 4 launches. I dont really care about avatar items, sure they are a plus, but I dont really use them. FUD is streamed, not worth much when the same FUD is listed on Amazon for $16.99 BluRay. I could care less if I dont have the helmet as an exclusive, what bothers me is the bait and swtich that M$ pulled and the fact that they lied about it being "exclusive". I will wear Recruit when I start the game, thats fine by me. Lying is not. I could also care less about the specs, having an advantage over other players because I payed more is not neccessarily correct.

My problem is the deceitful nature of M$ marketing, so you come on

Just to clarify it says that the recruit armor is for ur avatar and u get an armor skin. It mentions nothing about getting recruit armor as part of the LE.

Microsofts own site used to show Recruit In Game Armor as an exclusive for the LE. It has changed recently, that is why those who have the LE are upset.

I understand it can happen sometimes, but you have to see that it is not very common, on a regular basis, old LE games are worth quite a bit, some more then others and all that stuff.

Also, Halo 2 LE didn't come with anything but the steel case if I remember correctly, Halo 4's LE is pack with all sorts of things halo collectors years from now, will go crazy for and be willing to drop the extra moolah to get it.

Too bad all the things the Halo 4 LE is "packed full of" will be online within a week of launch. The Briefing packet and schematics will be online on various sites including Halopedia. Forward Unto Dawn will be on youtube and other sites as well. It will also be on DVD and BluRay...times are changing, there are more ways to access the so called goodies without buying the goodies now. The avatar items and in game skins will only be good for Halo 4, so those wont be worth much to people in 5 or even 10 years down the road.

• Like 2

Physical items will be online within a week at the most after Halo 4 launches. I dont really care about avatar items, sure they are a plus, but I dont really use them. FUD is streamed, not worth much when the same FUD is listed on Amazon for $16.99 BluRay. I could care less if I dont have the helmet as an exclusive, what bothers me is the bait and swtich that M$ pulled and the fact that they lied about it being "exclusive". I will wear Recruit when I start the game, thats fine by me. Lying is not. I could also care less about the specs, having an advantage over other players because I payed more is not neccessarily correct.

My problem is the deceitful nature of M$ marketing, so you come on

Microsofts own site used to show Recruit In Game Armor as an exclusive for the LE. It has changed recently, that is why those who have the LE are upset.

Too bad all the things the Halo 4 LE is "packed full of" will be online within a week of launch. The Briefing packet and schematics will be online on various sites including Halopedia. Forward Unto Dawn will be on youtube and other sites as well. It will also be on DVD and BluRay...times are changing, there are more ways to access the so called goodies without buying the goodies now. The avatar items and in game skins will only be good for Halo 4, so those wont be worth much to people in 5 or even 10 years down the road.

You see pictures of rare art online all the time, but yet the artwork itself is still really valuable, if you fail to see this with the LE items, I'm done discussing this with you.

You see pictures of rare art online all the time, but yet the artwork itself is still really valuable, if you fail to see this with the LE items, I'm done discussing this with you.

I sort of know what you mean, its nice to have those little extras I love flicking through halsey's journal from REACH LE every once in a while. But a few mock schematic prints are hardly grounds for cheer as being the only exclusive contents. And if you have to put a value on the extras it doesn't warrant the 16$ extra cost over buying the SE + retail map pass separate. Hell that 16$ could have bought me FUD on disc like LE buyers thought we were getting.

As for the Halo LE going up in value as a collectors item, I highly doubt that who in the their right mind would buy it after the codes are long since used, The only real content in the pack is the game disc and maps pass.

• Like 1

So I've been scouring the net, and I can't find anything coming from either Microsoft or 343i saying that the LE edition map pack doesn't come with the helmets and emblem. As a matter of fact, I've found just the opposite in posts by 343i employees and Halowaypoint moderators refusing to acknowledge this as truth, and saying things like, "Did we TELL you that we were going to change the LE? No we didn't." and such.

So, where's the proof that this is happening? All I've heard it from is forum goers and youtubers, absolutely nothing from anything official. (Also, bear in mind, people with youtube channels who think that they are official are not usually official).

So I've been scouring the net, and I can't find anything coming from either Microsoft or 343i saying that the LE edition map pack doesn't come with the helmets and emblem. As a matter of fact, I've found just the opposite in posts by 343i employees and Halowaypoint moderators refusing to acknowledge this as truth, and saying things like, "Did we TELL you that we were going to change the LE? No we didn't." and such.

So, where's the proof that this is happening? All I've heard it from is forum goers and youtubers, absolutely nothing from anything official. (Also, bear in mind, people with youtube channels who think that they are official are not usually official).

Wait, wait, wait, wait, you mean to tell us that, the LE is still probably what it originally was? Nothing removed, nothing added?

That's what I'm getting here.

People who preorder the Limited Edition will get "War Games Map Pack Access - Access to nine maps - three future competitive multiplayer map packs, each including three locations, otherwise available for download post-launch on Xbox Live", whereas the ones who purchase the Standalone War Games Map Pass will get the same AND the two exclusive helmets.

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/363346/full-halo-4-limited-edition-contents-dlc-pass-revealed/

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Xbox-Live-Halo-4-Map-Pass-24.99-Card-with-2000-Points/21881930?dest=9999999997&sourceid=15516869372891425989&veh=aff&wmlspartner=lw9MynSeamY

It's been a lot of confusion and everything seems to be a big misunderstanding. Both the Standalone Map Pass and the LE Map Pass will ge the two helmets and the Falcom Emblem.

:clap:

i mean it is the same download but with LE you get a paid code similar to if you got 2000 MSP to buy season pass... a mean ...think about it...

:clap:

i mean it is the same download but with LE you get a paid code similar to if you got 2000 MSP to buy season pass... a mean ...think about it...

It makes total sense, but BS Angel posted a tweet where she said that "LE buyers would not get the helmets" which is now proven to be wrong. :)