I'm going to be streaming all of the Halo campaigns for charity!

Ivory Moclips

I'm sure many of you are as excited about Halo 4 as I am. To gear up for the impending Halo 4 release, my friends and I have decided to play some Halo and hopefully raise some money for charity.

Starting Monday, October 29th at 8PM EDT I'll be participating in the Extra-Life Gaming Charity Event by streaming myself and some friends playing through all of the main series Halo games (no Halo Wars) in anticipation of Halo 4. We can't totally commit to the 24-hour marathon format the event suggests, but we're doing out best to keep the spirit alive. Each night we'll play through the equivalent of one entire Halo game until we've beaten them all.

I say, "the equivalent of," because we're not going to be playing them in release order (so things get a little weird about halfway through). No, we'll be playing them in story order!

That means we'll be playing Halo: Reach on the 29th, followed by Halo: CE Anniversary on the 30th. On the 31st we'll start Halo 2 until the end of the New Mombasa missions, then switch over to Halo 3: ODST to find out what happens after the slipspace jump screws up the city. We'll pick back up at the end of ODST on November 1st, and once completed we'll switch back over to Halo 2 to finish it up. Then, on November 2nd (the final day) we'll move on to Halo 3 to witness the end of the Chief's original trilogy.

If that sounds like something you might want to watch, you can follow the twitch stream right over here: www.twitch.tv/ivorymoclips

If you follow the stream, you'll get email updates whenever we go live, so you know exactly when we're starting.

I'll also be posting updates on my twitter (and of course here in this thread): http://www.twitter.com/ivorymoclips

And, if you want to give some money to the Extra-Life event, you can use my donation page here: http://www.extra-lif...icipantID=41125

All donations through that page will go directly to the Johns Hopkins Children's Center here in Baltimore.

UPDATE TL;DR: I'm right in the path of Hurricane Sandy, and there's a very high chance of power outages in my area. If I'm knocked offline and can't stream we're going to push it back even if it means 24 hour or more marathons leading up to Halo 4's release. Check the twitch page and/or my twitter (in case I'm offline those are the easiest for me to update) in the coming days for any more news.

• Like 2

Wow. This sounds pretty cool. Glad to see people turning what they love to do into something helpful. :) Hope it all goes well and I will try to keep tabs on this.

I will try to watch this as much as I can!

Thanks guys! Anything in particular you'd want to see? Maybe certain skulls being used on certain levels, easter eggs (terminals in Anniversary or Halo 3?), or achievements style challenges? We'll be playing on Legendary through all of the games, and are gonna try to practice the Library speedrun for Anniversary.

Thanks guys! Anything in particular you'd want to see? Maybe certain skulls being used on certain levels, easter eggs (terminals in Anniversary or Halo 3?), or achievements style challenges? We'll be playing on Legendary through all of the games, and are gonna try to practice the Library speedrun for Anniversary.

i think it'd be awesome if you guys found all the terminals in CEA, and discuss how you think that'll relate to Halo 4

• 2 weeks later...

Just wanted to post a quick update.

We've got everything all set up, got the right equipment ready, tested to make sure the games all work and everything, and we're ready to go this coming Monday at 8PM EDT!

Except for one HUGE problem...

I'm living in Baltimore. Directly in the path of Hurricane Sandy... Which means that there's a veeeeery high chance of power outages this coming week starting Monday when Sandy is scheduled to hit land. So there's a chance I won't have power for a few days this week. If that's the case we'll just push back the event. I'm still committed to playing through every game before 4 launches, even if that means a 24 hour or more marathon leading up to the 6th.

If anything happens I'll try to update my twitter and the twitch stream title with the news, or have a friend with internet access do it for me.

Fingers crossed that nothing goes wrong and you guys can all show up at 8 on Monday and enjoy some Halo!

Well Sandy decided to come knock out my power last night at around 7 o'clock. Right when I was getting ready to get the stream going!

Luckily, power's back on and the worst of the storm has passed so there shouldn't be any more power issues. We're still trying to figure out how we want to adjust the schedule, but we should be starting up Reach tonight at 8PM EDT!

Hope to see you guys there.

We're goin' live right now!