Halo 4 Basketball!

Jeff Hall

13 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want to see Basketball in Halo 4?

• Of course!
    • What's it doing in Halo 4?
    • I've seen previous gametypes, but this sounds better!
    • I like this, but it can be improved from your idea.

It would be like Grifball (like most of my ideas :o ) but the arena would be a basketball court, you would have a bomb plant up on a raised area. In order to get up there, there would be a player trait area that gravity would be set maybe 50% or just enough so they could make it and dunk that ball. This would be a great addition to the ball passing, you could actually play a legit game of Basketball.

That's the basic layout guys! I'm sure I will refine it and tweak it once I get my hands on a copy of Halo 4 (if I'm able to pre-order it :\ )

If you liked this topic, be sure to check out my Ultimate Frisbee topic!

http://www.343indust...timate-frisbee/

EDIT: I had all intentions of it being a custom game only, should have clarified. Although if it is added into Action Sack, I'd be perfectly fine with that.

• Like 1

Huh, it would be an interesting twist on a grifball-type gametype. I guess perhaps we will be seeing something like this then?

imagesCAOA0HLS.jpg

Master Chief is the Michael Jordon of Halo... and basketball apparently!

Yea! Similar to that, I saw the picture too, and attached a similar file, but I guess it didn't show up. oh well lol

We used to play a very simplified version of this in Halo 2 on Battle Creek. I was quite fun in it's day. We used twin Needlers to mark out a half court on the sniper ramp side of Red Base and the open window to the base was the hoop. With weapon drop you could freely dribble the ball like a pro, but passing was not really possible.

• 1 month later...

At the moment you don't have any option to let the ball score itself without a person holding it in the hill, which would make the gametype much more basketball than halo basketball. But you can do it another way. I manage to create a working basketball mode, but you have to count the points by yourself. Also you need players who play fair and follow the basketball rules. I will make a thread tomorrow where you can download my arena and the basketball mode. I hope that 343i will make an option to turn the selfscoring of the ball to on or off. Also i hope that basketball gets more popular because it makes a lot of fun if you play it with your friends.

Cheers