Spartan Ranking System

Cooliest

What Everyone Has Been Talking About Is Finally Here

Halo-4-Pic.jpg

Halo 4 is just around the bend, 25 days from now to be exact.

But What about the ranking system.

Most people were frustrated with Reach's Ranking system.

So will it be different or will it be exactly the same.

Check out this video for more details.

Video by

Ducain23

Also go check out the Halo bulletin for all the details

You now can level up through all game modes, even forge.

Let me know what you think about this information.

• Like 1

Finally, I waited all this time to find out my favorite game has become COD. I am disgusted and yet not surprised one bit. There is no incentive to try in matchmaking. This truly disappoints me. There are no individual levels in playlists.

Halo has not become Call of Duty. Just because they did not mention a ranking system, does not mean that there will not be one. And if you only play a game to rank up on a skill system, you shouldn't be playing the game anyway.

I'm getting really tired of people saying that Halo is turning into CoD. It may have similiar multiplayer mechanics, but 343i has implemented them and balanced (so it seems) in a much better way than CoD ever could. I may be wrong, but I suggest we all wait until the game comes out. Then we can see for ourselves. At any rate, I'm sure the game will be very enjoyable both for me and for you guys.

• Like 1

What they essentially did is took the entire Reach level process, from Recruit to Inheritor, and they crammed in inside levels SR1 to SR50 and added unlocks at certain milestones. This way they theoretically are appeasing players who wanted a 1-50 leveling system, although it by no means reflects their skill.

What they essentially did is took the entire Reach level process, from Recruit to Inheritor, and they crammed in inside levels SR1 to SR50 and added unlocks at certain milestones. This way they theoretically are appeasing players who wanted a 1-50 leveling system, although it by no means reflects their skill.

Well technically recruit to Inheritor was also 50 levels...so they did that in reach too by your logic. But I do agree that they just used Reach and attached a more traditional rank name system.

I still don't get why we absolutely need a skill ranking system. Fell free to explain it to me.

I agre...I have played all Halo games and enjoyed them all...but at this point, I really dont care about a rank, I just like to play the game and kill the heck out of people lol. I know how good I am, doesnt matter to me if I have a number next to my name. I just hope it doesnt take a year to get to SR-130...I hope it levels fast more like CoD...dont flame lol

I agre...I have played all Halo games and enjoyed them all...but at this point, I really dont care about a rank, I just like to play the game and kill the heck out of people lol. I know how good I am, doesnt matter to me if I have a number next to my name. I just hope it doesnt take a year to get to SR-130...I hope it levels fast more like CoD...dont flame lol

The only real point that I see out of this is to unlock stuff. Get new weapons and gear and stuff. Which I like that unlock stuff.

Well, a few things.

1. This ranking system has been considered "social" and progression based from the very beginning. Just because they're calling it the 1=50 system (+70 lol) doesn't mean there won't be a second rank system in play, in certain playlists, like in Reach.

2. I highly, highly doubt that it will take very long to get to 50. I would imagine it might take a little less time than to get to general in Reach. Because there are 130 levels. Not 50.

3. I swear multiple times they have mentioned Halo 4 having separate playlists for ranked and unranked games. Not confirmed, just mantioned. I guess we'll find out soon.

Well, a few things.

1. This ranking system has been considered "social" and progression based from the very beginning. Just because they're calling it the 1=50 system (+70 lol) doesn't mean there won't be a second rank system in play, in certain playlists, like in Reach.

2. I highly, highly doubt that it will take very long to get to 50. I would imagine it might take a little less time than to get to general in Reach. Because there are 130 levels. Not 50.

3. I swear multiple times they have mentioned Halo 4 having separate playlists for ranked and unranked games. Not confirmed, just mantioned. I guess we'll find out soon.

I agree.

1. I think there will be ranked playlists and social playlists

2. 343i knows how much people hated how long it took to get to Inheritor in Reach...even General was a pain. I really hope it is fast kinda like CoD

I still don't get why we absolutely need a skill ranking system. Feel free to explain it to me.

...because it gives the player an incentive to try and become better and flaunt a higher number than someone else. I know it's extremely tacky and egotistical, but it makes sense when someone says they're a level 20 and you get to say you're a level 25.

...because it gives the player an incentive to try and become better and flaunt a higher number than someone else. I know it's extremely tacky and egotistical, but it makes sense when someone says they're a level 20 and you get to say you're a level 25.

Meh...doesnt mean anything to me...I was a Warrant Officer destroying most Inheritors...even now on my 2nd account of an Eclipse I am destroying Inheritors...numbers, titles, etc. are a joke personally. If you have fun thats all that matters

This is not Halo, not at all.

Meh...It is still Halo...just with new goodies...until you have played it, you really cant judge it. I have played it and It was awesome...felt like a more mature Halo in my opinion, more fast paced yes, but still awesome

We already voiced our opinion a while ago: "if there are no Sangheili in Halo 4, we will simply return to previous games".

What do you mean "we"? I never made a statement like that, speak for yourself. Also, I don't need Sangheili to play Halo 4, that's just silly :P Feel free to return to Halo 3 though, since you love it some much. :)

All I ask is for 1-50 in individual playlists, such as Team slayer, team snipers, MLG, big team battle. 343 could easily add that onto this system. This promotes better gameplay, less quitters, (perhaps more cheaters but by now they should be able to stop cheating), and an overall more competitive experience.

All I ask is for 1-50 in individual playlists, such as Team slayer, team snipers, MLG, big team battle. 343 could easily add that onto this system. This promotes better gameplay, less quitters, (perhaps more cheaters but by now they should be able to stop cheating), and an overall more competitive experience.

The assumption that cheating can be stopped by now is truly wrong. If the good guys advance, the bad guys will too.

That said, I think that having something to show skill now is more important than thwarting cheaters. I may have seen why Reach was the way it was, but Halo 4 should not follow in it's flawed footsteps. I play for fun, but I can't stand having to log onto waypoint to see my BPR. Just let me see it in game. I feel your pain.

i agree, ranks mean nothin in reach, but it was cool to have a unlockin system thing, im tryin to get to the last rank so i can get the haunted helmet atm, A PAIN IN THE ASS I TELL U!!! :2guns:

Ya that's what I'm saying it shouldn't be ranks it should just be levels to move up in order to buy new gear yada yada.

• Like 1