Halo 4 Progression System

Slenderman

im at rank 41 and a lot of emblems are still missing.. any chance the phoenix on the shield has yet to come for me? ive used it since halo 2..

also.. while its an m rated game, its more intended to be a fun game that anyone can pick up and play. halo was never really intended for hardcore gaming alone, while there are those of us who are hardcore, the ranking system isnt a problem for most people. the good majority of people actually. the ones who arent on this site. the only thing i wish it had was to pair you up with and against similar skilled people.

The underlined italicized and bolded phrase has me concerned. Why you may ask? Simple, did 343 officially announce Halo 4's ranking system yet? The SR-# is NOT Spartan Rank! It's a Specialization not Spartan Rank! Therefore you're phrase is incorrect and therefore while we are in a leveling up system of sorts and a progressive system of sorts we currently do Not have a ranking system.

343 should include a ranking system like Halo 2 where your level fluctuates. It wasnt based on how often you played or individual score it was base on win/ loss. People played more as a team. People who dont want to play rank can just play social. I thought that ranking system was awesome because it upped the stakes, I played with people at a similar skill level, and it gave me a goal to obtain. My only complaint was that after level 35 every other game was against modders unless you were host.

Look 343 has done an awesome job with Halo 4 but not including a ranking system was a big let down.

• Like 1

i dont really mind the progression system myself i will say this i think you do level up a bit to fast ive already seen lifeless people who have maxed their character :horse:

And that's why the progression sytem in CE, H2 and H3 were so much better. The progression was skill based. No win = no xp. That's what a lot of folks don't understand. EVERYTHING about that series was skill based and that's why it was considered hands down the most competitive game out there. I wouldn't mind seeing that implemented into H4, no win=no xp. Get rid of the AFK kids for sure lol.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I'd like to go to a skill based ranking system because I want to feel like I earned/worked my butt off for the armor/emblems/skins I unlocked. Everything is so easily obtainable in this game there is no feeling of exclusivity to the rewards you obtain when all collecting xp amounts to is having a pulse.

Things are Cool when only a few have them. That is what makes them appealing and keeps players playing.

• Like 1

You guys need to calm down. So what you didn't get what you want. Does it honestly matter that the rank system isnt the same as halo 3's? You know how good you are. Be grateful the game is even coming out

yeah it does matter to us 50's and die hard halo nuts...we dont want cod progression systems we want halo ranking.

if this is the way the progression is then its better if it didnt come out!

Again. The important thing for Halo isn't to cater for 10.000 players who want a ranking system. Most people go into matchmaking alone, and a ranking system like H3 Trueskill would likely only frustrate and harm them. Halo need to make the game more appealing for ALL. The CASUALS. This will make the online experience more fun for all.

you do realize competitive halo players make up over 250,000 players

and as listed there was social and ranked matches

in h3 you always got paired with someone of same rank there was a reason the servers seen over at 950,000 on at one time not h4's petty 200,000

• Like 2

yeah it does matter to us 50's and die hard halo nuts...we dont want cod progression systems we want halo ranking.

if this is the way the progression is then its better if it didnt come out!

you do realize competitive halo players make up over 250,000 players

and as listed there was social and ranked matches

in h3 you always got paired with someone of same rank there was a reason the servers seen over at 950,000 on at one time not h4's petty 200,000

Tell me what do you believe is a TRUE ranking system? If you say Halo 2 or 3 prepare to get laughed at A CR@P TON!

Tell me what do you believe is a TRUE ranking system? If you say Halo 2 or 3 prepare to get laughed at A CR@P TON!

By no means were halo & 3's ranking systems perfect (mostly due to boosting) but it sure was a lot more competitve and gave players a "live or die" incentive to play and to win it didn't matter if you did the best in the game if your team lost you gained nothing or went down.This made it crucial for teams to work together and everyone would have to work together and COMMUNICATE in game if they wanted to win, believe it or not people acutally went into match-making and USED THEIR MIC!!! It gave people a drive to achieve that coveted 50 rank, and would give you a feeling of "awe" when you saw a general or 50. Matching people with opponents of their similar skill level is a crucial aspect of any game that hopes to be competitive. And for casual gamers their is a social playlist that was all sorts of fun it had plenty of game modes from zombies to rocket race I remember my friends comming over and playing these sort of gametypes the mix between the variety bungie and halo 3 gave was just a expeirence yet to be matched by ANY game since. Yes, playlist boosting was a disadvantage in this sort of ranking system but after dealing with Reach and whatever this Spartan Credit garbage is It's safe to say I'll trade 1 out of every 20 games finding a booster on my team as compared to what we are forced to put up with now. I have no desire to "grind" out levels if I wanted to that Id go buy CoD. And for all of you saying Halo 4 is trying to appeal to everyone Let me tell you HALO 2 & 3 APPEALED TO EVERYONE WHY FIX SOMETHING THAT ANIT BROKE? Halo is what started the xbox live phenomenon and should be held to a higher standard than what it is now, as a lifelong halo fan I am truly dissapointed in what halo has become but yet I still hold on to some senile hope that 343 will make this game work and it starts with the multiplayer I didn't mean to go on this long lol but I feel strongly about this game and the halo franchise and general and only want whats best for the game with that said this is just an opinion of some old halo player who still holds on to his dreams and memories of "The Good O'l Days"

P.S. Campaign was pretty good :)

• Like 2

is it so hard to make a ranking system that gives a people a incentive to win and not this play play play bs? Funny thing is ranking playlist is also for casuals because when they wanna see were they are at in the game skill wise or want to play a game to win they will also go. Its so funny reach and h3 have 2X many playlist and its Like halo 4 just can't have a ranking system There are much more pros then Con's on this one.

• Like 1

343 Please listen to this I have a list of things that you guys can do to make halo 4 even better please listen to your fans from halo 3 although I like creating my loadout and insta respawns change the following

Ranking System Change

Take off Killcams

Take off Ordinance Drops

Add Halo 3 Map Design (Amazing Maps)

Fix some lag

343 Please listen to this I have a list of things that you guys can do to make halo 4 even better please listen to your fans from halo 3 although I like creating my loadout and insta respawns change the following

Ranking System Change

Take off Killcams

Take off Ordinance Drops

Add Halo 3 Map Design (Amazing Maps)

Fix some lag

Wrong forums, you need to make this post at www.Waypoint.com

Well I must admit that I am not pleased with 343's decision on the "ranking system." They state that the "ranking system" is the SR on your Spartan which I believe is 1-130. However, I still want to know how that is a "ranking system?" What's it based on? It seems like it's based on the amount you play, not HOW YOU PLAY! With that in mind, I currently give Halo 4's online gaming a 7/10 which at college level is the miminum passing score. However, to help give them a thumb up. I give the Campaign a 10/10 therefore an average of 8.5/10 Never-the-less, I am really hoping for a major change in GB from Reach!

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Halo 4 ranking system is crap.When Halo 2 came out it changed xbox live because it had the best online play ever.Its been almost 10 years and nothing has even come close to halo 2, i mean they actually had a tournament on tv. I just hope Halo 5 goes back to the H2 ranking system or a system based off it because if its this same Call Of Duty knock off crap ranking system that reach and 4 had I will deff not buy it.