•  

Toggle shoutbox 343i Community Shoutbox

@  RedStarRocket91 : (18 November 2019 - 03:30 AM) @UNSC Spartan-II No clue, but I hope so
@  343iBot : (17 November 2019 - 03:41 PM) Welcome to the forums, Skyanics! :welcome: View Skyanics's Profile
@  343iBot : (17 November 2019 - 01:44 PM) Welcome to the forums, OksanaDek! :welcome: View OksanaDek's Profile
@  UNSC Spartan-II : (17 November 2019 - 08:13 AM) Site Poll 106 is up: http://www.343indust...iring/?p=394088
@  UNSC Spartan-II : (17 November 2019 - 07:52 AM) They've done so with HW2, I'm sure they will with MCC as well.
@  UNSC Spartan-II : (17 November 2019 - 07:51 AM) @RedStarRocket91 I'm on board, will cross-platform sessions be available?
@  UNSC Spartan-II : (17 November 2019 - 07:50 AM) @Melody @Vitamin Pwn @Tommy @RedStarRocket91 Hey fam
@  343iBot : (16 November 2019 - 11:44 PM) Welcome to the forums, Feliciabaw! :welcome: View Feliciabaw's Profile
@  343iBot : (16 November 2019 - 03:55 PM) Welcome to the forums, leighca16! :welcome: View leighca16's Profile
@  Vitamin Pwn : (16 November 2019 - 12:52 AM) im down to play some reach when it's out on pc
@  343iBot : (15 November 2019 - 11:38 PM) Welcome to the forums, Balkonmepgotuyj! :welcome: View Balkonmepgotuyj's Profile
@  Tommy : (15 November 2019 - 10:37 PM) I agree
@  RedStarRocket91 : (15 November 2019 - 05:24 PM) Scrape together everyone who's still here and just play the heck out of some customs
@  RedStarRocket91 : (15 November 2019 - 05:24 PM) You know, once Reach comes out fully on PC, we should have a big old community event on it
@  Vitamin Pwn : (15 November 2019 - 02:22 PM) :sofa:
@  343iBot : (15 November 2019 - 09:20 AM) Welcome to the forums, brarnette! :welcome: View brarnette's Profile
@  Tommy : (15 November 2019 - 12:47 AM) Hey everyone
@  Melody : (14 November 2019 - 11:47 PM) :hide:
@  UNSC Spartan-II : (14 November 2019 - 02:22 PM) @GermanShepherdD Hey bud! It's been ages, how ya been?
@  GermanShepherdD : (13 November 2019 - 05:45 PM) :dog:

Photo

Halo 4 or Black Ops II?

Halo Halo: Reach Black Ops II Black Ops II

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
102 replies to this topic

Poll: Halo 4 or Black Ops II? (90 member(s) have cast votes)

Halo 4 or Black Ops II?

1. Halo 4 (83 votes [92.22%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 92.22%

2. Black Ops II (7 votes [7.78%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 7.78%

Vote

#21 Wyzilla

Wyzilla

Brute

• Members
  • 42 posts
Liked
  • Gamertag:Wyzilla
  • LocationSomewhere, I don't know.

Posted 03 October 2012 - 11:17 PM

It's a tie for me, either game could go south. 343i could utterly fail in the 'mysterious' department of Halo 4, meaning that there's no mystery of the forerunners, no questions are asked that are meaningful, no new elements of storytelling are introduced, and the game is made up of shooting filler like in Halo Reach. However, being a COD game, BO2 could easily go downhill. With Halo it's hard to miss. Although I really would like it if the enemies got a basic beef in stats. Grunts are easily disposed of, Elites pose little threat, etc. Hopefully the Prometheans prove to be a greater fight than the flood or the covenant.
I'm one of those people who vote up their own posts.

#22 Scootaloo

Scootaloo

Drone

• Members
  • 18 posts
Liked
  • Gamertag:DJ Jazzy Jezus

Posted 05 October 2012 - 08:48 PM

Why would you post this topic? Nevertheless on A halo forum

#23 Shokyr

Shokyr

Elite

• Members
  • 85 posts
Liked
  • Gamertag:Shokyr
  • LocationPocahontas, Iowa

Posted 05 October 2012 - 11:44 PM

I'm not sure why you're even asking this on a Halo forum, but I do think Halo 4 will be a better game than Black Ops II. If we were talking about something like a new Modern Warfare I may call it even, but Treyarch has seemed to let me down in just about every game they've made. Halo's Campaign will always be deeper, of course, but I like both multiplayers a lot. Tack one on for Halo.

If you like my post, well, you know the drill.

Posted Image

(Image created by Insignia)

"I feel that I must remind you that it is undeniable, and may I say a fundamental quality of man, that when faced with extinction, every alternative is preferable." -The Director

#24 Archangel Tyrael

Archangel Tyrael

Aspect of Justice

• Trusted Members
  • 2,374 posts
Heroic
  • Gamertag:iThom Soyah
  • LocationUnited States.
3       2                                          

Posted 06 October 2012 - 03:40 AM

Halo 4 hands down, Call of Duty is horrid compared to Halo.
Posted Image

#25 killerdude1635

killerdude1635

343 Guilty Spark

• Dedicated Members
  • 657 posts
Trusted
  • Gamertag:Killerdude1635
  • LocationSomewhere in the Great White North.

Posted 06 October 2012 - 04:13 AM

Lol..
COD is junk, BLOPS2 is a joke...
MW3 is an even bigger joke.

COD Itself is the punch line of every joke.

#26 DarknessX03

DarknessX03

343 Guilty Spark

• Dedicated Members
  • 558 posts
Liked
  • Gamertag:DARKNESSX03
  • LocationThe Internet

Posted 06 October 2012 - 05:16 AM

Posting this topic on this forum really is a waste of time xD However, I don't know any Halo fan that doesn't know how to rationalize why a game is better or not. CoD fans only have stupid arguments like: It's more realistic (when it really is not realistic whatsoever), or "you can aim down sights, hope Halo doesn't 'steal' that from CoD too!" (When aiming down sights was something that was in Medal of Honor before CoD even came out.) When really, how do you not 'steal' an idea these days? I personally don't see it as stealing unless it's a direct ripoff of something in another game without even an attempt to change it. Halo fans say that there are less ways to cheaply get kills based on weapon statistics, while CoD fans argue that these things add more diversity to the game, however that isn't good in every way.

Most of the time when you kill in Halo, that kill takes some degree of skill. Unless it's against someone who doesn't know how to play the game, that doesn't count. Anyway, Halo fans can accept if a Halo game has gone wrong in some ways. Skepticism is good, being that there is some doubt but not blind faith or dismissal. Granted some Halo fans can be a little too critical of change, but once they play the game they judge it accordingly and correctly unlike CoD fans that blindly argue that CoD is soooo much better than Halo. That is why I will always prefer the Halo community and games over CoD's.

Long post short, Halo 4.

Dedicated Member Reached in fifteen days ^_^

Did you like my post? If you did.. well then, like it.

Posted Image

Real men wear pink!

Posted Image

Thanks to Insignia for the awesome Signature!

#27 Twinreaper

Twinreaper

۞ Silver_Halo ۞

• Legendary Members
  • 2,491 posts
Legendary
  • Gamertag:B4M Twinreaper
  • LocationAston, PA
         4    2             2         

Posted 06 October 2012 - 09:22 AM

Let me just go on record as stating, that Halo fans have just about the same amount of lame ass excuses as to why Halo is better than everything else also. Not one day goes by you don't here various large amounts of people spouting off reason like, "It's just better", or "In Halo it takes skill". These 2 examples are perspective and not a factual account of what would typically make one game better than another.

That beign said, CoD is a great franchise and was not meant in any way to play or ressemble Halo in any aspect, which is why it is nothing like it, and why Halo fans will always bash it. MW3 was the best MW of the bunch. Granted the campaign of MW2 was my personal fav, but MW3 brought the survival and mission sections that amused me for hours on end. Yes I did get Firefight with Halo, but as far as substance goes in terms of weapons and tactics, Survival has Firefight beat by a mile. Black Ops II looks to change how players see CoD by introducing elements we are not used to. The same type of changed happened when we shifted from the WWII genre of CoD to the more modern MW and Vietnam BO.

In short, neither game is truly better than the other. Only through personal choice, perspective and comfort of style can tell ONLY YOU what game is better for YOU. Don't listen to thousands of BS posts that try to tell someone different from you how YOU should feel about a game or which one is better.

bungie.gif

#28 Chewin3

Chewin3

Prophet of Regret

• Members
  • 145 posts
Trusted
  • Gamertag:Chewin90
  • LocationFinland

Posted 06 October 2012 - 10:11 AM

Let me just go on record as stating, that Halo fans have just about the same amount of lame ass excuses as to why Halo is better than everything else also.

Agreed.

It's sad that people can't be as objective as possible when posting which game is better for X amount of reasons.

#29 iTz Vplus2

iTz Vplus2

TʀᴜᴛʜʙʀɪɴɢᴇR

• Dedicated Members
  • 1,108 posts
Dedicated
  • Gamertag:iTz Vplus2
  • LocationGermany

Posted 06 October 2012 - 11:53 AM

Well, considering that this is a Halo-themed forum, i'm not surprised to see that not a single person has voted for Black Ops 2 so far

Posted Image

#30 Adam91

Adam91

343 Guilty Spark

• Legendary Members
  • 1,726 posts
Legendary

Posted 06 October 2012 - 01:52 PM

Well obviously halo 4 will be getting the votes here seeing this is a halo forum.

#31 Hunterex12

Hunterex12

Prophet of Truth

• Trusted Members
  • 304 posts
Liked
  • Gamertag:hunterex12
  • Locationpilliar of autume

Posted 06 October 2012 - 02:28 PM

i don't like black ops 2 because its gonna die out like MW3 did
Posted Image

#32 DarknessX03

DarknessX03

343 Guilty Spark

• Dedicated Members
  • 558 posts
Liked
  • LocationThe Internet

Posted 06 October 2012 - 11:35 PM

I don't like black ops 2 because it's gonna die out like MW3 did.

Eh, maybe CoD games are even starting to get old to the fans ._.

Posted Image

Real men wear pink!

Posted Image

#33 Inspector McScruffy

Inspector McScruffy

Brute

• Members
  • 51 posts
Liked
  • Gamertag:Abu the Baker

Posted 07 October 2012 - 08:15 PM

Halo 4 will win the question for me. But I don't understand why Halo fans are hating on COD and COD fans are hating on Halo. I don't see the point in saying something like that. In my opinion, I think Halo is better because of the story and COD is just more on the realistic side of things, (it's still a good game) that is just my opinion. But if you think differently, then I respect that, and I can see why COD has as many fans as it does. I mean no offense in anything I said.

-McScruffy

#34 DarknessX03

DarknessX03

343 Guilty Spark

• Dedicated Members
  • 558 posts
Liked
  • LocationThe Internet

Posted 07 October 2012 - 08:35 PM

Halo 4 will win the question for me. But I don't understand why Halo fans are hating on COD and COD fans are hating on Halo. I don't see the point in saying something like that. In my opinion, I think Halo is better because of the story and COD is just more on the realistic side of things, (it's still a good game) that is just my opinion. But if you think differently, then I respect that, and I can see why COD has as many fans as it does. I mean no offense in anything I said.

I don't know why either. But I agree CoD is more realistic, but not by much. I mean the setting is and all, but do you see someone taking 15 shots to the chest and still being able to run at full speed? Or do you see someone swiping a knife sideways through someone's body and killing them in one go? One of the things I always liked about Halo is that Halo could never brag about being realistic because it never tried to be. I know that's not really the issue but still.

Posted Image

Real men wear pink!

Posted Image

#35 Wyzilla

Wyzilla

Brute

• Members
  • 42 posts
Liked
  • Gamertag:Wyzilla
  • LocationSomewhere, I don't know.

Posted 07 October 2012 - 09:44 PM

I don't know why either. But I agree CoD is more realistic, but not by much. I mean the setting is and all, but do you see someone taking 15 shots to the chest and still being able to run at full speed? Or do you see someone swiping a knife sideways through someone's body and killing them in one go? One of the things I always liked about Halo is that Halo could never brag about being realistic because it never tried to be. I know that's not really the issue but still.

ARMA is the only realistic game. Even battlefield's a bit goofy. Not to mention they ought to copy Battlefield's melee system, because in reality, knifes do jack s*** to kevlar, or even just normal clothing. You have to stab them, and in the neck. Otherwise, meh. They have a flesh wound. Oh noes! To kill a person with a knife, you have to hit an artery or a critical organ. And yeah, unless you're on uber-drugs like meth (which turns you into a supercommando from the shootouts I've read about), one bullet to a critical area and you're toast. Especially if it's a substantial caliber. You don't walk away from a .45 Magnum. You crawl.

And as for halo, meh, it's Hard Sci-Fi, meaning that the tech used by the UNSC is feasible, not impossible like most of the stuff in Star Wars. Of course, the question comes up, why the f**** are you wasting money on augmenting humans when you have the tech to make terminators?
I'm one of those people who vote up their own posts.

#36 DarknessX03

DarknessX03

343 Guilty Spark

• Dedicated Members
  • 558 posts
Liked
  • LocationThe Internet

Posted 07 October 2012 - 09:55 PM

ARMA is the only realistic game. Even battlefield's a bit goofy. Not to mention they ought to copy Battlefield's melee system, because in reality, knifes do jack s*** to kevlar, or even just normal clothing. You have to stab them, and in the neck. Otherwise, meh. They have a flesh wound. Oh noes! To kill a person with a knife, you have to hit an artery or a critical organ. And yeah, unless you're on uber-drugs like meth (which turns you into a supercommando from the shootouts I've read about), one bullet to a critical area and you're toast. Especially if it's a substantial caliber. You don't walk away from a .45 Magnum. You crawl.

And as for halo, meh, it's Hard Sci-Fi, meaning that the tech used by the UNSC is feasible, not impossible like most of the stuff in Star Wars. Of course, the question comes up, why the f*** are you wasting money on augmenting humans when you have the tech to make terminators?

Exactly xD ARMA is really realistic too. As for the terminator point, I guess maybe they figured humans would respond better to their experiments.

Posted Image

Real men wear pink!

Posted Image

#37 Fishy

Fishy

HTA Co-Founder

• Legendary Members
  • 2,416 posts
Legendary
  • Gamertag:Seraph Fishy
         7                7       2            

Posted 08 October 2012 - 12:36 AM

This is a huge debate in my school. I am the biggest Halo fan in my school and most of friends play CoD. They think BOII will be better than Halo 4, but I disagree.

look at the poll, it has the best solution lol. also, cod is falling apart anyways.

#38 Slenderman

Slenderman

Prophet of Truth

• Trusted Members
  • 307 posts
Liked
  • Gamertag:A 4Runner Tank

Posted 08 October 2012 - 12:49 AM

Are you really posting this topic? OF COURSE HALO 4!!!!
Posted ImagePosted Image

#39 Fishy

Fishy

HTA Co-Founder

• Legendary Members
  • 2,416 posts
Legendary
  • Gamertag:Seraph Fishy
         7                7       2            

Posted 08 October 2012 - 12:54 AM

actually, I should vote BOII to give a good laugh, or maybe not.. Decisions.. decisions..

#40 The Director

The Director

The Director

• Legendary Members
  • 5,123 posts
Legendary
  • Gamertag:AAN2
  • LocationNampa, ID
   2    5                                             

Posted 08 October 2012 - 06:37 AM

Of course, the question comes up, why the f**** are you wasting money on augmenting humans when you have the tech to make terminators?

I can answer this! Because of what happened when the terminators were made in the terminator movies. >.>

Posted Image

Don't forget to like people's posts.

Posted Image

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Halo, Halo: Reach, Black, Ops, II, Black Ops II

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users