Name of Map: Regenesis

Canvas Map: Ridgeline

Link to MAP: http://www.halo.xbox...etails/30844359

Recommended Player Count: 10

Game Variant: Slayer

Gamertag: sheesh1991

Alright, so this'll be the first time I'm posting in this thread. I've posted this map before down in the Forge World forum in the Competitive Maps subforum. It drew a bit of attention, since it's not your everyday map you see going around these days. Now, this map is different from most maps in that it sits outside the normal boundaries of a map. What map? No, not Forge World. I can't stand how the forge system works in FW. An example of what I mean is that you place an object down using the Nudge Tool options, save the map, and come back the next day after you start up another session to find that the object has moved from its original position. So, you end up having to grabbing the object and watch it move back into its original position. That's true for every object you place in FW. But there is one map where all objects STAY in their original positions.

I need to tell every Forger on here that Ridgeline is the NEW Forge World. "What the hell are you talking about?" you might be asking. Well, shortly after the Anniversary map pack came out, I downloaded it and decided to do some pancam screenshots outside of the maps. While I was pushing teleporters outside of Ridgeline and I went through, I fully expected to instantly die like I normally do. But I didn't. In fact, I was completely safe. Turns out, there's a rather large safe area RIGHT OUTSIDE of the Ridgeline soft kill map boundary. I thought it was cool. Then I had the idea to map out the kill and soft kill boundaries of the safe area. It turns out it's a pretty sizeable V-shaped area.

Well, using the limited map building resources Ridgeline has to offer, I got straight to building. I barely had enough of a budget left to lay down an equal amount of weapons on both sides of the map. And Regenesis was born. But I couldn't use the whole of the safe area with the limited resources I have, but the map span's the whole of the V-shape safe area with three separate bases. Red base and the Central base are both symmetrical, while Blu Base is assymetrical. This map supports three types of gamet variants: Assault, BTB Team Slayer, and CTF. I've also created a custom gametype for this map that I think some would enjoy, but I recommend just plain old Team DMRs for this map. But here's the gametype anyway: http://www.halo.xbox...etails/25346246

Also, I should note that I have been unable to get this map tested. I've asked around on a few sites if people would be willing to help me test this map out, but none have ever responded. So, I apologize in advanced if the map does not work or if it's incredibly laggy. That's why I recommend that this map should be played with regular Team DMRs with 10 players.

Now, here are some screenies for you guys:

Map Description: "Once used by the Covenant as a training facility for Elite's, these structures are now used as listening outposts by the UNSC."

Red Base Overview:

A note; when going off of the man cannon, YOU HAVE TO BE PUSHING FOREWARD ON YOUR LEFT THUMBSTICK!!! Otherwise you will hit the lip at the end of the landing pad and you will die. The other alternative to get to Central Base is through the teleporter at the back of Red Base.

RedBase.jpg

Blue Base Overview:

A note again; same as above! You have to push foreward on your left thumbstick if you want to survive going off the man cannon. And same as with Red Base, you can get to Central Base through the teleporter inside the tower at the furthest point in Blue Base.

BlueBase.jpg

Central Base Overview:

GreenBase.jpg

Central Base Internal Overview:

A note with this screenie; when standing where this screenshot was taken, there will be a drop in framerate when looking out at the greenlight or the lamp post. But that's about it.

GreenBaseInside.jpg

So, this will be my first map submission for review for matchmaking. It's fine by me if it doesn't make it, but all I really care is if people like it. I may not be a forger, but when I forge, I'm a prefectionist. Once I get forging, I usually don't stop until my perfectionist self is satisfied with the outcome. So, tell me what you guys think.

• Like 2

Wow, I am absolutely dumbfounded! Congratulations on this amazing find. I don't know if anyone else knows about this, so if you are the first to discover it, outstanding work! I love the map you've built. The structure looks very good and it seems like it would support some solid gameplay. If you are the original finder of this area, I would love to add you on my friends list so you could show me. Also, if you're looking into getting it game-tested, I will soon be testing one of my own maps on Ridgeline, so we could do them at the same time. If you're interested at all, give me a friend request over Xbox Live and we can talk some more. Anyways, other than that, I love your map. Great job! You get a like from me!

• Like 1

Glad to know people are liking this. I found out about this area...I think a week or so after the Anniversary map pack came out. So, not sure if I was the first to find it, but I think I'm the first to make any use of it and actually present it to the world. And sure, send me a friend request, my GT is the same as my username. I'll have to get back to you tomorrow though, as I don't have mah tv hooked up at the moment.