Kon3Z

Wow, posting my second map in a day. Well ok, here we go. Overheated is a asymmetrical BTB map themed a UNSC military base based around a volcanic pool that once powered the entire city of New Mombasa. This map offers a variety of gameplay, from long range DMR fights to intense warthog chases to sneaky shotgun fights. This map supports CTF, but it's recommended to just do BTB.

Download Link: http://halo.xbox.com/en-us/haloreach/Kon3Z/fileshare#!/?section=MapVariants&MapId=&GameMode=0&SearchDate=7&SortBy=2&view-select=Tile&tags=&startIndex=0&details=30872311

Here's an overview:

OHOverview.jpg

Here's the spawns:

Red Team:

OHRedTeamSpawn.jpg

Blue Team:

OHBlueTeamSpawn.jpg

Also, there are a variety of weapons on the map. the power weapons include the following:

A Rocket Launcher:

OHRocketLauncherSpawn.jpg

A Spartan Laser:

OHSpartanLaserSpawn.jpg

A Sniper Rifle:

OHSniperSpawn.jpg

and Two Shotguns:

OHRedTeamShotgun.jpg

OHBlueTeamShotgun.jpg

If you noticed, the rocket launcher spawns over the lava. If you're above the lava pool, you have 10 seconds until you die, but if you unlucky enough to fall into the lava, you die.

OHLava.jpg

Because of this, it gives the map a nice, and dangerous twist. But if your to scared, you can just stay away from there :). Here's a few gameplay shots:

OHGP1.jpg

OHGP2.jpg

OHGP3.jpg

OHGP4.jpg

OHGP5.jpg

OHGP6.jpg

I spent a lot of time on the map and I hope you give it a review, but if you don't atleast some feedback! Thanks.

-Kon3Z

• Like 1

Wow dude, very cool map. Originally, when you said the base was "around a volcanic pool" I was worried that you only meant the kill balls, since these alone really didn't fit the topic you were describing, but when I saw the lava-filled area where the Rocket Launcher spawns I was like "Yes! Now this is cool!". Overall I like the layout of your map. With the majority of your structures in an outter ring, you seem to encourage partial hiding while players fight, however, the Sniper Rifle's location offers a good Risk vs. Reward scenario, thus inticing players to risk the trip into what I assume will be a Warthog dominate area. Out of personnal curiousity, where does the Spartan Laser spawn? Generally speaking, I really like your map, the attention to detail was good and I liked how you implemented the fact that you cannot stay too close to the lava for long (both realistic and anti-camping) a good combination. Anyways, my other question was, why do you think this is better for Team Slayer instead of BTB? Looking at the overview picture I would say that Squad Slayer and BTB would be better as to encourage more fighting, since the map is so big, but that's just my opinion. Keep up the good work, this was a great map!

Wow dude, very cool map. Originally, when you said the base was "around a volcanic pool" I was worried that you only meant the kill balls, since these alone really didn't fit the topic you were describing, but when I saw the lava-filled area where the Rocket Launcher spawns I was like "Yes! Now this is cool!". Overall I like the layout of your map. With the majority of your structures in an outter ring, you seem to encourage partial hiding while players fight, however, the Sniper Rifle's location offers a good Risk vs. Reward scenario, thus inticing players to risk the trip into what I assume will be a Warthog dominate area. Out of personnal curiousity, where does the Spartan Laser spawn? Generally speaking, I really like your map, the attention to detail was good and I liked how you implemented the fact that you cannot stay too close to the lava for long (both realistic and anti-camping) a good combination. Anyways, my other question was, why do you think this is better for Team Slayer instead of BTB? Looking at the overview picture I would say that Squad Slayer and BTB would be better as to encourage more fighting, since the map is so big, but that's just my opinion. Keep up the good work, this was a great map!

Wow, derp. I forgot to put the spartan laser spawn in! I'll fix that right now. And I meant BTB, it was late at night and I was tired lol.

Definitely a good lookin' BTB map. Looks like a decent aesthetic map too. Loving that huge radio dish in the center of the map. Though, I gotta say that for a map as large as this, you'd want to balance out the map with two snipers for both teams. At least that's what I would do for a large BTB map as big as this. But overall, looks like a great map.

Definitely a good lookin' BTB map. Looks like a decent aesthetic map too. Loving that huge radio dish in the center of the map. Though, I gotta say that for a map as large as this, you'd want to balance out the map with two snipers for both teams. At least that's what I would do for a large BTB map as big as this. But overall, looks like a great map.

Thanks, I appreciate the feedback, although I wanted to make the Sniper Rifle be in a Risk vs Award situation. I tried having two teams start out with sniper rifles, and that led to more camping and staying at the base instead of exploration of the map.