•  

Toggle shoutbox 343i Community Shoutbox

@  Akali : (18 October 2019 - 09:11 AM) @UNSC Spartan-II Thanks Boiiii. Throat is gone now though
@  UNSC Spartan-II : (17 October 2019 - 04:31 PM) @Zaguroth Hey man! How's it going?
@  UNSC Spartan-II : (17 October 2019 - 04:30 PM) @Akali Ok thanks, happy birthday bro <3
@  343iBot : (17 October 2019 - 09:38 AM) Welcome to the forums, ThomasBrin! :welcome: View ThomasBrin's Profile
@  343iBot : (16 October 2019 - 09:50 PM) Welcome to the forums, Cindygarie! :welcome: View Cindygarie's Profile
@  Akali : (16 October 2019 - 06:30 PM) @Jack Of Harts In terms of response or people? I'd say yes to both
@  Akali : (16 October 2019 - 06:29 PM) @UNSC Spartan-II Up and down but all good right now. How's things on your end?
@  Halo6 Follower : (15 October 2019 - 01:13 AM) All fine on my end! And heya Zag!!
@  Zaguroth : (14 October 2019 - 03:49 PM) boo
@  Jack Of Harts : (14 October 2019 - 01:26 PM) Is the site running slow for anyone else?
@  Jack Of Harts : (14 October 2019 - 01:26 PM) Heyo
@  UNSC Spartan-II : (14 October 2019 - 07:34 AM) @Akali How's it going bud?
@  Akali : (13 October 2019 - 12:02 PM) Hello sir!
@  Halo6 Follower : (13 October 2019 - 01:39 AM) Ayy, Yang!!
@  Akali : (11 October 2019 - 05:51 PM) :sofa:
@  UNSC Spartan-II : (11 October 2019 - 11:07 AM) @Halo6 Follower Not too bad thank you
@  343iBot : (11 October 2019 - 06:36 AM) Welcome to the forums, Josephrah! :welcome: View Josephrah's Profile
@  Halo6 Follower : (10 October 2019 - 08:41 PM) Great thanks, Spartan! Yourself?
@  343iBot : (10 October 2019 - 04:36 PM) Welcome to the forums, AnnVon! :welcome: View AnnVon's Profile
@  343iBot : (10 October 2019 - 11:16 AM) Welcome to the forums, DiegoSer23! :welcome: View DiegoSer23's Profile

Photo

Overheated

BTB Kon3Z Lava Map Slayer

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 Kon3Z

Kon3Z

Hunter

• Members
  • 30 posts
Liked
  • LocationWashington

Posted 30 September 2012 - 02:54 AM

Wow, posting my second map in a day. Well ok, here we go. Overheated is a asymmetrical BTB map themed a UNSC military base based around a volcanic pool that once powered the entire city of New Mombasa. This map offers a variety of gameplay, from long range DMR fights to intense warthog chases to sneaky shotgun fights. This map supports CTF, but it's recommended to just do BTB.
Download Link: http://halo.xbox.com/en-us/haloreach/Kon3Z/fileshare#!/?section=MapVariants&MapId=&GameMode=0&SearchDate=7&SortBy=2&view-select=Tile&tags=&startIndex=0&details=30872311
Here's an overview:
Posted Image

Here's the spawns:
Red Team:
Posted Image
Blue Team:
Posted Image

Also, there are a variety of weapons on the map. the power weapons include the following:

A Rocket Launcher:
Posted Image
A Spartan Laser:
Posted Image
A Sniper Rifle:
Posted Image

and Two Shotguns:
Posted Image
Posted Image

If you noticed, the rocket launcher spawns over the lava. If you're above the lava pool, you have 10 seconds until you die, but if you unlucky enough to fall into the lava, you die.
Posted Image

Because of this, it gives the map a nice, and dangerous twist. But if your to scared, you can just stay away from there :). Here's a few gameplay shots:
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

I spent a lot of time on the map and I hope you give it a review, but if you don't atleast some feedback! Thanks.
-Kon3Z

Check out some of my maps!
Overheated:

Viewpoint:

#2 Robius5991

Robius5991

Online Knight

• Affiliates
  • 552 posts
Trusted
  • Gamertag:Robius5991
  • LocationCanada

Posted 30 September 2012 - 06:31 AM

Wow dude, very cool map. Originally, when you said the base was "around a volcanic pool" I was worried that you only meant the kill balls, since these alone really didn't fit the topic you were describing, but when I saw the lava-filled area where the Rocket Launcher spawns I was like "Yes! Now this is cool!". Overall I like the layout of your map. With the majority of your structures in an outter ring, you seem to encourage partial hiding while players fight, however, the Sniper Rifle's location offers a good Risk vs. Reward scenario, thus inticing players to risk the trip into what I assume will be a Warthog dominate area. Out of personnal curiousity, where does the Spartan Laser spawn? Generally speaking, I really like your map, the attention to detail was good and I liked how you implemented the fact that you cannot stay too close to the lava for long (both realistic and anti-camping) a good combination. Anyways, my other question was, why do you think this is better for Team Slayer instead of BTB? Looking at the overview picture I would say that Squad Slayer and BTB would be better as to encourage more fighting, since the map is so big, but that's just my opinion. Keep up the good work, this was a great map!

Posted Image

Special thanks to Insignia for the amazing signature!

[PB] Assassin's Creed - (2nd place - THFE's "Purple Bunker Contest")

Emerald Mine - (1st place - Insanmiac's "Best of the Dead")

Derailed - (Runner Up - Mr Pokephile's "March Template Contest")

#3 Kon3Z

Kon3Z

Hunter

• Members
  • 30 posts
Liked
  • LocationWashington

Posted 30 September 2012 - 11:50 AM

Wow dude, very cool map. Originally, when you said the base was "around a volcanic pool" I was worried that you only meant the kill balls, since these alone really didn't fit the topic you were describing, but when I saw the lava-filled area where the Rocket Launcher spawns I was like "Yes! Now this is cool!". Overall I like the layout of your map. With the majority of your structures in an outter ring, you seem to encourage partial hiding while players fight, however, the Sniper Rifle's location offers a good Risk vs. Reward scenario, thus inticing players to risk the trip into what I assume will be a Warthog dominate area. Out of personnal curiousity, where does the Spartan Laser spawn? Generally speaking, I really like your map, the attention to detail was good and I liked how you implemented the fact that you cannot stay too close to the lava for long (both realistic and anti-camping) a good combination. Anyways, my other question was, why do you think this is better for Team Slayer instead of BTB? Looking at the overview picture I would say that Squad Slayer and BTB would be better as to encourage more fighting, since the map is so big, but that's just my opinion. Keep up the good work, this was a great map!

Wow, derp. I forgot to put the spartan laser spawn in! I'll fix that right now. And I meant BTB, it was late at night and I was tired lol.

Overheated:

Viewpoint:

#4 snaker1323

snaker1323

Elite

• Members
  • 75 posts
Liked
  • Gamertag:snaker1323

Posted 30 September 2012 - 12:38 PM

This map looks really good. I like the lava pool area with the rocket launcher.
“The world is full of cravens who pretended to be heroes.”
The Game of Thrones

Hey Wanna see some of everything... then check this out: Army Of Wolves

#5 Erco 'Zjadee

Erco 'Zjadee

Elite Honor Guard

• Members
  • 102 posts
Liked
  • LocationUnited Kingdom | Sanghelios

Posted 30 September 2012 - 02:46 PM

Really good map keep it up!
Posted Image
Credits to Insignia for the Signature!
"The Elites are blind, Arbiter! But I will make them see.."
"Brothers, the truth cannot be silenced"
"Our Prophets are false! Open your eyes, my brothers! They would use the faith of our Forefathers to bring ruin to us all!"

#6 Kon3Z

Kon3Z

Hunter

• Members
  • 30 posts
Liked
  • LocationWashington

Posted 30 September 2012 - 05:20 PM

Really good map keep it up!

Thanks!

Overheated:

Viewpoint:

#7 DarknessX03

DarknessX03

343 Guilty Spark

• Dedicated Members
  • 558 posts
Liked
  • Gamertag:DARKNESSX03
  • LocationThe Internet

Posted 30 September 2012 - 05:22 PM

*likes your original post*

I like it! The twists such as the lava pool give it a nice optional feel to getting a power weapon.

Dedicated Member Reached in fifteen days ^_^

Did you like my post? If you did.. well then, like it.

Posted Image

Real men wear pink!

Posted Image

Thanks to Insignia for the awesome Signature!

#8 Kon3Z

Kon3Z

Hunter

• Members
  • 30 posts
Liked
  • LocationWashington

Posted 03 October 2012 - 08:07 PM

*likes your original post*

I like it! The twists such as the lava pool give it a nice optional feel to getting a power weapon.

Thanks!

Overheated:

Viewpoint:

#9 SweepsP2K

SweepsP2K

Hunter

• Members
  • 32 posts
Liked
  • Gamertag:SweepsP2K

Posted 05 October 2012 - 02:02 PM

I've seen lava used before, but never for a BTB map, and a good BTB map at that. Very well done.

8.5/10

#10 Kon3Z

Kon3Z

Hunter

• Members
  • 30 posts
Liked
  • LocationWashington

Posted 05 October 2012 - 10:38 PM

I've seen lava used before, but never for a BTB map, and a good BTB map at that. Very well done.

8.5/10

Thanks really appreciate feedback =)

Overheated:

Viewpoint:

#11 Douglas 042

Douglas 042

Drone

• Members
  • 22 posts
Liked
  • Gamertag:Douglas O42 SII
  • LocationAdelaide South Australia

Posted 06 October 2012 - 01:50 AM

where is the download link?
NAVCOM SPARTAN II PROGRAM

#12 Kon3Z

Kon3Z

Hunter

• Members
  • 30 posts
Liked
  • LocationWashington

Posted 06 October 2012 - 05:46 PM

where is the download link?

Huh, I thought I put it in. Once you see it again it'll be here ;)

Overheated:

Viewpoint:

#13 DoctorB77

DoctorB77

Unlicensed, M.D.

• Dedicated Members
  • 4,493 posts
Heroic
  • Gamertag:DoctorB77
  • LocationNow taking Vitamin PWN.

Posted 09 October 2012 - 07:17 AM

The lava is amazing. This was a really original map. Great job!!! :D

Posted Image

"Each one of these souls is finite and precious. And I'm close. Close to saving them all." -The Librarian

2nd Member to reach 4000 posts - 12/16/12

Posted Image

#14 powerpunchplus

powerpunchplus

Jackal

• Members
  • 12 posts
Liked
  • Gamertag:powerpunchplus

Posted 09 October 2012 - 05:10 PM

goodlooking map bro cant wait to try it

#15 sheesh1991

sheesh1991

Hunter

• Members
  • 25 posts
Liked
  • Gamertag:sheesh1991

Posted 10 October 2012 - 04:34 PM

Definitely a good lookin' BTB map. Looks like a decent aesthetic map too. Loving that huge radio dish in the center of the map. Though, I gotta say that for a map as large as this, you'd want to balance out the map with two snipers for both teams. At least that's what I would do for a large BTB map as big as this. But overall, looks like a great map.

#16 Kon3Z

Kon3Z

Hunter

• Members
  • 30 posts
Liked
  • LocationWashington

Posted 10 October 2012 - 08:22 PM

Definitely a good lookin' BTB map. Looks like a decent aesthetic map too. Loving that huge radio dish in the center of the map. Though, I gotta say that for a map as large as this, you'd want to balance out the map with two snipers for both teams. At least that's what I would do for a large BTB map as big as this. But overall, looks like a great map.

Thanks, I appreciate the feedback, although I wanted to make the Sniper Rifle be in a Risk vs Award situation. I tried having two teams start out with sniper rifles, and that led to more camping and staying at the base instead of exploration of the map.

Overheated:

Viewpoint:

#17 Cry0G3n1c

Cry0G3n1c

343 Guilty Spark

• Dedicated Members
  • 588 posts
Liked
  • Gamertag:x Cryogen1c x
  • LocationOhio

Posted 13 October 2012 - 03:19 PM

i liked this map a lot

Posted Image

#18 Kon3Z

Kon3Z

Hunter

• Members
  • 30 posts
Liked
  • LocationWashington

Posted 14 October 2012 - 02:04 AM

i liked this map a lot

Thanks!

Overheated:

Viewpoint:

#19 LordReaper

LordReaper

Prophet of Mercy

• Trusted Members
  • 258 posts
Liked
  • LocationLouisiana

Posted 14 October 2012 - 01:44 PM

Very nice map dude i like it.
A Spartan Never Dies~They are just missing in action.Posted Image

#20 Kon3Z

Kon3Z

Hunter

• Members
  • 30 posts
Liked
  • LocationWashington

Posted 20 October 2012 - 10:06 PM

Very nice map dude i like it.

Thanks!

Overheated:

Viewpoint:

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Halo 4, BTB, Kon3Z, Lava Map, Slayer

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users