Do you like the changes made in Halo 4

Bake A Cake In 5 Seconds

Do you like the changes made in Halo 4  

25 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like the changes made in Halo 4

• Yes
    • No
    • Some Yes, Some No

Without playing I can't say any changes are bad. I actually like the killcams. I like how others can see how I killed them. Another change I like is how the zombies/flood are actually scary now. I really feel they needed that. I also think I remember seeing the players feet tilt to match the ground in one video, so that's a nice touch. And definitely the best of what I can see so far is the lighting. I am however a little unsure about the support upgrades. I just hope that fights are not like a combat triangle and instead are more balanced.

• Like 1

Without playing I can't say any changes are bad. I actually like the killcams. I like how others can see how I killed them. Another change I like is how the zombies/flood are actually scary now. I really feel they needed that. I also think I remember seeing the players feet tilt to match the ground in one video, so that's a nice touch. And definitely the best of what I can see so far is the lighting. I am however a little unsure about the support upgrades. I just hope that fights are not like a combat triangle and instead are more balanced.

I definitely agree with you. I love everything they've added so far, now we just have to wait for launch to play ^_^

It was either halo 2 or Halo 3 that added the feet tilt, but it's been there for awhile now. I LOVE the lighting, though.

since i got halo reach a few years back i have wanted killstreaks, custom loadouts, and killcams.

1 it feels cool to get a killing frenzy but i think getting a killstreak as a reward is way more rewarding and awsome

2 i never really liked how i had to get all the guns i want by running to them on a map and now i can just spawn with them so i think it way more fu n that way if the guns are balanced.

3 in reach sometimes i would wonder "how the heck did i just get killed?!?" and now it will be better knowing that.

get rid of this bull**** promethean vision crap its un neaded.

whats next? the whole campaign is just sitting on a computer launching nuclear missiles at the enemy?

Why dont you like the promethean vision? Seems like a good addition to me.

The ranking system is meh.

But we cant really judge the changes until we actually play the game and feel its effects, im sure peoples opinions will change once they actually play the game.

• Like 1

Slippery, mind your language please. no need to curse about a change, just accept it. I think the changes they ahve made better suit the newer generation of gamer that is emurging. Killcams are a welcome addition to the franchise. Far too many times do we get killed and don't see it coming, or lose what happened due to lag or too mucha ction on screen. Seeing what happened up front rather than in theatre, will help players grow and avoid making fatal mistaked over and over again.

Promethian vision in particular is a isefull and very balanced item. many games have used an infrared or thermal vision item to allow players to see what lies ahead. Halo has taken this method of pre-battle defense and gave it a nice balanced usage.

Why dont you like the promethean vision? Seems like a good addition to me.

The ranking system is meh.

But we cant really judge the changes until we actually play the game and feel its effects, im sure peoples opinions will change once they actually play the game.

it just seems like it is going to take away from the stealth from the game.

what is wrong with the ranking system? i havnt seen anything about it yet?

it just seems like it is going to take away from the stealth from the game.

what is wrong with the ranking system? i havnt seen anything about it yet?

343i has said that there are still many items they have not revieled yet, adn one of those is a countermeasure for Promethian Vision. Also from gameplay I have seen, it does appear that active camo does hide a player from the Promethian Vision. My guess is, there will be some sort of either deployable or armor active effect that jams the Promethian vision, much like the jammer does to radar in Halo 3. It would be wicked if the jammer produced like 4 copies of someone when promethian vision was used. it would be like shooting drunk! lmao

• Like 1

Bring back halo 2 ranking or at least 1-50 numbered ranks

There will be 1-50 numbered ranks, and then the 1-10 for each specialization to further your overall rank.

But I don't think it's like Halo 2 where you rank down for losing, unfortunately.

Killcams will not be in every gametype...just the slayer based games.

There are no killstreaks, there are Ordinance Drops which appear after kills, and assists for kills and obejectives. Pretty much helping your team will build up the Ordinance Drop meter.

I like the additions, the loadouts are streamlined and provide just enough for each player to feel comfortable on any map. The killcams will play a role in slayer based games which is fine and do not last as long as CoD killcams. The Ordinance Drops are a nice addition supporting players who support their teams and change from gametype and map. The new weapons and vehicles are awesome, the AA's, Tacticla Packages and Support Packages are balanced. From playing it at SDCC I think it felt balanced, and a lot of it has changed since than for the better so I am extremely stoked :)

There will be 1-50 numbered ranks, and then the 1-10 for each specialization to further your overall rank.

But I don't think it's like Halo 2 where you rank down for losing, unfortunately.

That is really unfortunate, I loved the Halo 2 and 3 ranking system where skill actually meant something.

• 1 month later...

I cannot seem to figure out Slayer setup. So I'd have to say I do not like allot of the "default settings" that were changed in multiplayer.

Just some background on me. I have played every Halo since the XBOX came out, I've enjoyed the campaigns, and slayer with friends, but I cannot get this setup correctly I guess. I play this mostly on our home network with my kids, and thrrough private network with friends, but my teens seem to really hate this version. They saved up for months and now want to take the game back. Honestly, I think it has to do with our inability to change the setup, so I thought someone on this forum could maybe help. We've reverted back to Halo 3 until I get this figured out, so I'll list a few questions.

1. Starting Slayer, how do we change the custom loadouts. No matter what we tried, we could not get anymore than two loadout options. AR or BR, that was it.

2. How do you get weapons placed on the maps when you start, right now, weapons appear on a timed basis, and only one at a time.

3. There's an annoying on screen marker that tells everyone when a new weapon is available that it is there and where it is. How do we turn off those markers?

4. It seems as though if a person finds a great weapon, and begins to win, they constantly get loadout options for better weapons. (My kids really despise this one) How do we disable that? Don't get me wrong, I love to win, but even I see that as kinda biased.

So that's a few of them, hopefully someone can help us.

• 4 years later...